Mystic Creatures RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to all mystical creatures! Who dares to walk among the humans? Or who hides in the forests and lakes of this site? We shall find out...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Wrinkle in Time

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
whilaroo
High Priest
whilaroo

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2009-04-04

A Wrinkle in Time Empty
PostSubject: A Wrinkle in Time   A Wrinkle in Time EmptyFri May 01, 2009 6:49 pm

This was probably mandatory reading for everyone here at one point or another, but if it wasn't, I have just made it so. Madeleine L'engle is one of the greatest writers I have ever read. A Wrinkle in Time is probably her best known work and, in my opinion, her best, but I haven't read everything that she has written.

The book is about a young girl named Meg who is not the most attractive or coordinated. She has three younger brothers: Sandy and Denny are twins with an athletic bent, and Charles Wallace is a silent five year old who reads dictionaries for fun. They live with their mother, a brilliant scientist, but their father 'disappeared' some time ago, presumably having run away from his family. Meg meets Peter, a boy at school, who becomes perhaps her only friend. He joins Meg and Charles Wallace on the most odd of errands. Meg seeks to find her father, Charles Wallace perhaps has a larger quest, Peter is trying to grasp what is going on, but what will they truly find? In the end, the quest is really one of self discovery or death...

If you have read the book, then please put your opinion here.
Back to top Go down
Naveion
Tracker
Tracker
Naveion

Male
Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2009-05-15

A Wrinkle in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wrinkle in Time   A Wrinkle in Time EmptyThu May 28, 2009 4:33 pm

I haven't read it in awhile but it was awesome!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Prism
Senator
Prism

Male
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2009-03-23

A Wrinkle in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wrinkle in Time   A Wrinkle in Time EmptyThu May 28, 2009 7:53 pm

It has been a while for me too but I enjoyed it also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Wrinkle in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wrinkle in Time   A Wrinkle in Time Empty

Back to top Go down

A Wrinkle in Time
Page 1 of 1