Mystic Creatures RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to all mystical creatures! Who dares to walk among the humans? Or who hides in the forests and lakes of this site? We shall find out...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Twilight series.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male
Number of posts : 3324
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Twilight series. Empty
PostSubject: Twilight series.   Twilight series. EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 7:03 pm

Title says all.
Discuss.

CnP's opinion--
Twilight is actually an adequate novel, come to think of it. The characters could use more depth (Whilaroo could've done better for descriptions) and more... 'Plot' to it. It only had one main plot per book, and almost no sideplots, or else I'm just being schizo again and I've forgotten what they were blabbering on about. It could've used also more description, and some more plot. Did I mention it should use more description?
Well, basically, I'm so-so about it. But more negative 'so' than the positive 'so'. And, also, the film just annihalated the book, no offence guys, but you have to admit the film is utter shizzle-da-wizzle compared to the book, and the book's not that epic. But, I guess people have opinions, but I'm still against grasshoppers as stars in films, you see.

Nyx's opinion--
Well I don't like the series.
SM did a poor job describing everything. lol 'his breath smelt so nice'? Erm.. Let's all sniff our boy/girlfriends breath! It smells so gooood.
Also, the romance between Bella and Edward is way too unhealthy, the 1265th time they say they can't live and are nothing without each other it gets really, really annoying and boring. On top of that, SPARKLY vampires? Okay, I can accept that they're made of granite.. But sparkles? No. Just no. Seems like the vampire version of mylittlepony or something.. Sorry to say, but personally, I find Bella a b*tch.... When Edward's gone she runs to Jake, when Edward's back she immediately dashes to him -.- All the while feeling a black hole in her chest. There are a lot of other things I absolutely detest about the Twilight series but I'll spare you guys.

Overall rating for now:
-CnP's more or less moderate appreciation about the series, but more 'less'.
-Nyx's almost complete hostility towards the book.

Rating: >: P / Book.

Last edited by CopynPaste on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Tracker
Tracker
Nyx

Female
Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Twilight series. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight series.   Twilight series. EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 8:04 pm

Well I don't like the series.

SM did a poor job describing everything. lol 'his breath smelt so nice'? Erm.. Let's all sniff our boy/girlfriends breath! It smells so gooood.

Also, the romance between Bella and Edward is way too unhealthy, the 1265th time they say they can't live and are nothing without each other it gets really, really annoying and boring. On top of that, SPARKLY vampires? Okay, I can accept that they're made of granite.. But sparkles? No. Just no. Seems like the vampire version of mylittlepony or something.. Sorry to say, but personally, I find Bella a b*tch.... When Edward's gone she runs to Jake, when Edward's back she immediately dashes to him -.- All the while feeling a black hole in her chest. There are a lot of other things I absolutely detest about the Twilight series but I'll spare you guys.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

Twilight series. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight series.   Twilight series. EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 8:03 am

No, no, continue.
I basically wanted to say that, but I was scared to offen the Twilight fans.

Well, your opinion has been added.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Tracker
Tracker
Nyx

Female

Twilight series. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight series.   Twilight series. EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 8:46 am

lol knowing myself, this is going to change into a rant.. xD

But nevertheless I must say I respect the people who like the series. I even think it has an interesting plot; my problems with Twilight lie -like copynpaste also said- in the characters, other little things, writingstyle, plot, some happenings.

For example:

At the end of Breaking Dawn, the volturi and their army arrive to slaughter Renesme and the Cullens. Thing is: THEY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING. I mean, the Volturi are the badasses, right? The unbelievably strong vampire kings. So why do they act like sissies? Why are they just passively waiting all the time? I grasp the concept of character evolution, but I think that was a bit too much evolution. And then, when they finally understood that maybe they could attack with their supermighty army or something, Alice and Jasper arrive with a halfvampire/humanbreed. Just, what the hell?

SM also messed up the series with Renesme and Jake.

The first two books are alright I guess, pure crack. However, she failed Eclipse and Breaking Dawn in my opinion. The thing I like most are the werewolves, or should I say 'shapeshifters'. And Jake.. I was fond of Jake; he's always happy, native american, humor... Okay, no problems yet. He's also in love with Bella and always has to endure her breaking his heart. But he keeps loving her.

And still SM manages to make him imprint on the daughter of the girl he has loved his whole life.

But okay.. This is just about the story & books. Razz

The movie.. *doommusic*

Sorry to say; but if the series wasn't ruined yet, it is now. I think some actors did a great job (like 'Carlisle', 'Charlie', 'Jasper', 'Victoria' and 'Alice') but Rob and Kristen were too.. Hollywood. Playing Edward is hard. You have to become some sort of extraordinary gorgeous god. I don't like Rob's way of playing Smile Doesn't feel right.
And Kristen is way too beautiful to play Bella xD Bella is a normal girl, you discern in the series that she doesn't have a high self esteem, she's certainly not the arrogant girl Kristen portrays. (I find Bella arrogant, only, SM wanted to make her look like a 'grey mouse'. The one who blends in and never gets noticed)

I have to stop now.. School starts xD If someone wants to hear the rest of my rant, I'll gladly post it. Sorry for wasting your time Smile
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

Twilight series. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight series.   Twilight series. EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 12:14 pm

Lol, you ain't wasting my time. I'm actually quite fond of actually making this topic.
What? It says 'Twilight' on this section. You don't have to be Einstein to think about a Twilight rating topic.
Anyways, to my point of view, it seems that Nyx more or less loathes/despises the series, even though their are some good things (and, as you say, get f*cked up sooner or later). So, I guess tat makes two of us.
I only read the first book, though. So my opinions don't really matter. But it seems tat Nyx has read the books, and seen the film (brave little female) and got out alive, despite her thoughts of the series.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Tracker
Tracker
Nyx

Female

Twilight series. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight series.   Twilight series. EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 12:49 pm

lol no it's just that I keep ranting about it xD Gets boring to read after a while Smile

I can't stand that so many great books are being shoven aside because of one poorly written vampire lovestory. And it's still always 'omg Edward.. OMG EDWARD!!! EDWAAAAARD!!' Shocked Even my sister has started -.-

But yeah you're right; I've come to completely loath the series. That doesn't mean I won't ever again read it. I'll do when I want to have a good laugh.. Maybe when there are no other books near. Yehaa! Yeah, I wanted to know how it would end. I must say, I almost died at the cinema. Gosh, so many faults. Also, the special effects were sloppy. That's something I absolutely hate: if you use them, make sure they look like something.

So: when you paste a climbing vampire on a tree, please, for the reputation of special effects, make sure the vampire actually touches it and not just moves his hands and arms in a pathetic climbing gesture without making contact AND that the shadows are right -.- You almost can't do more wrong than creating shadows in the wrong places. Use a decent blue/green screen. The film was horrible.

Last edited by Nyx on Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

Twilight series. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight series.   Twilight series. EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 12:53 pm

Boing, seems that Edward is a vampire/grasshopper cross breed. That means the kid between Bella and Edward is like, who, a third human, third vampire, third grasshopper.
Koo story bro.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Tracker
Tracker
Nyx

Female

Twilight series. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight series.   Twilight series. EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 12:54 pm

Yay! Insechupire.. Or something..

Bloody mutant grashopvamps.
Back to top Go down
Naveion
Tracker
Tracker
Naveion

Male
Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Twilight series. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight series.   Twilight series. EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 4:37 pm

From what you peoples say, I don't ever want to read the books.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Twilight series. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight series.   Twilight series. Empty

Back to top Go down

Twilight series.
Page 1 of 1