Mystic Creatures RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to all mystical creatures! Who dares to walk among the humans? Or who hides in the forests and lakes of this site? We shall find out...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When Light fades, Darkness weeps.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male
Number of posts : 3324
Registration date : 2009-02-02

When Light fades, Darkness weeps. Empty
PostSubject: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 8:51 pm

A scarfed, young girl sat on the border of a glistening lake. She swayed her legs gently over the rim made of earth, just over the water. Her reflection shined deeply. Even though she seemed to be curled dangerously over the water, she was being very cautious. Her weight was balanced expertly, to keep her from falling. The girl knew that the river was deep, and that she could not swim. And that her brother wouldn't be able to help her in any way, and if she died, he also faded.
Lear curled her arms around her body, shivering slightly. She had stopped her just to take a break from the long days of march she had been through. Her brother, on the other hand, didn't feel tired. He couldn't. He was just a shadow, attached to Lear's foot, supposed to imitate each and every one of the girl's motions. He laid on the ground, shaped as if he had his hands on the back of his head. He didn't move, and the grass that moved gently with the wind shaped him ever so slightly.
"Umbre," the girl finally said, breaking the silence, "You already asked me that many times. You know that I don't know." The shadow didn't move.
"I've already searched the book hundreds of times," Lear said. It seemed that she was talking to nothingness. But she was talking to her brother. And he was answering.
"No, I will not go back to father!" Lear yelled. She cupped her hands over her face. "Father was a traitor. He shouldn't have revived you from the dead. He should have let you stay in peace, as well as I. But, no, he was too stubborn. He didn't want only one twin. He wanted the two. Father wanted the two. Father revived you, and condemned me with bearing you for my whole life." The shadow squirmed slightly, his head moving sideways. No sound came from his mouth, but it was moving all right.
"I'm sorry if I sounded pessimistic, Umbre," Lear answered, "But I think you get my point." The shadow scooted over to his sister, and shaped a hug between him and her.
"I can't embrace you back, Umbre..." Lear muttered, "I'm sorry." The shadow stood still, still hugging Lear.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female
Number of posts : 9316
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:44 pm

Archangel appeared in the distance, and walked towards the figure she recognised. That magic signature is really too obvious, She thought as she sat down next to the girl, her violet hair free from being trapped under her hood as she leant back on her hands.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticcreatures.rpg-board.net
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:51 pm

Lear turned her head quickly to the girl as she sat beside her. Ubre also felt alerted, but as he recognized the female, he felt comforted, and he stretched out on the ground. Lear's heart stopped beating rapidly, as she put her hand over it. She looked at the girl's long violet hair.
"...You," Lear began.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:52 pm

"Yup, me." Archangel said, turning her head to look at Lear. "What's up?" The demoness asked, her eyes happy and curious.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:59 pm

"Oh," Lear answered quietly, looking at the river flowing under her feet, the many sparkles glistening on the transparent liquid, "...Just... Taking a break, from walking..." Lear finished. She waved her feet over the river once again, half closing her eyes. Her hands were kept in a cup on her lap.
"How did you find me?" Lear asked.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 5:00 pm

"The magic signature keeping Umbre attatched to your foot is rather distinctive," Archangel explained, making a mental note to thank the gods for the mental link she shared with her sister for not making her look like she didn't know what she was doing.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 5:07 pm

"Hm," Lear answered briefly, looking up slightly to glance at the small demoness. Umbre moved slightly, and he approached Archangel's shadow. He tilted is head slightly, knowing that the other shadow wouldn't be able to answer.
"Umbre has very fascinating skills, even though he's a shadow," Lear continued, "By reading over... Well, under my shoulder, he was able to spot and learn a spell which enabled him to speak mentally to the people that he is in current physical contact." Lear paused for a moment. "Oh, sorry, I forgot to explain," Lear continued, "That Umbre can 'touch' someone, making them able to feel what he is doing on their body, by touching their shadow. The place that Umbre touched on your shadow will be basically the place he touches. And you'll be able to feel it." Umbre moved again, and patted Archangel on the head gently.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 5:12 pm

Archangel jumped, turning to look at the shadow.
"Sorry, that's creepier than the habits of one of my cousins," Archangel said before realising what she had said. "No offence..."
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 5:17 pm

Lear smiled slightly, but glared at the shadow, which quickly scooted aside. "It's just a way to communicate," Lear explained, "Though, Umbre has for now not the skill to talk to other people other than me. I can feel his gestures greatly, and he could even control my body. But I know how to make him stop, using my own spells." Umbre turned around, or at least, looked like it. He was embarrassed, and he lowered his head.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 5:22 pm

"I'm sorry, I'm just not used to it..." Archangel said, shaking her head. She watched Umbre, wondering what life was like as a shadow. She rapidly blinked back a few tears, turning her head away as her thoughts strayed.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 5:29 pm

Lear lifted one eyebrow at the girl. She tilted her head to the side questioningly.
"What's wrong?" Lear asked, letting her black hair flow over her face. Umbre also felt slightly uneasy, and approached Archangel's shadow again.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 5:30 pm

"My mother." Archangel said quietly. "Her name was Shadow..." The demoness looked out over the river, tying to rein in her emotions again before she started to lose control over her magic.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 5:34 pm

"Oh," Lear muttered, "I'm sorry," she said gently. Her jet black hair flowed in front of her face, hiding each and every physical trait of it, as she lowered it over the river. Her legs dangled gently over the river. She pushed one fringe aside, to put it behind her ear. She pulled her hood back, and looked at Archangel.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 5:35 pm

"No, I should be putting it behind me." Archangle said, curling her hands into fists, looking angry with herself.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 5:39 pm

Lear put her outstretched hand on one of Archangel's fists. Her fingers coiled around the tight sphere.
"Don't be angry," Lear said gently, "We all remember our past lives sooner or later when we part from it."
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:20 pm

"Yes, but we're supposed to move on." Archangel said quietly, "It's the way the clan had to work. We have to move on."
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:24 pm

Lear didn't move. She looked at the female demoness. She frowned slightly. What? She thought. The wind grazed on the cold grass, making very little waved in the trickling water, that shined in the rays of sunlight that passed the thick leafing of the trees.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:25 pm

Archangel sighed, leaning her head back again and closing her eyes. It had been a while since she had last been out in broad daylight, and the sun felt good on her grey-tinted skin.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:29 pm

Lear's hand widened slightly to grab the whole of Archangel's hand, trying to comfort her. Lear looked down into the river. She saw her reflection inside. She didn't know whether she saw a cute little girl or an abandoned female.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:31 pm

Archangel looked at Lear, and smiled thankfully. She gazed over the river, watching the occasional silvery fish darting through the water.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:35 pm

When Archangel looked at Lear, Lear was gazing at the river. Her hands were on the ground, stabilizing her. She looked down at the glinting liquid. She was waggling her legs above the surface of the water.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:37 pm

Archangel sighed silently, closing her eyes and feeling the sun's warm breath on her skin. She unclasped her cloak, feeling no need for it.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:40 pm

Lear's hand widened again on Archangel's hand. "I'm still wondering when you are going to notice..." Lear said, quietly. Lear blew one strand of black hair out of her sight, and she pulled another one behind her ear.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:41 pm

"Notice what?" Archangel asked, slightly confused. Her mind had been in another world, pretty much literally as she had been thinking of Synairn.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:45 pm

Lear looked at the demoness, tilting her head. "Huh?" She asked, not understanding. "Notice? What?" She asked. She was trying to think, but the question was so vague. Lear shifted on the border of the river, to put her two hands on the ground to push onto. Archangel could still feel the hand on hers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Light fades, Darkness weeps.   When Light fades, Darkness weeps. Empty

Back to top Go down

When Light fades, Darkness weeps.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mystic Creatures RP :: Role Play :: Role Playing Academy :: Old and First parts of RP threads.-
Jump to: