Mystic Creatures RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to all mystical creatures! Who dares to walk among the humans? Or who hides in the forests and lakes of this site? We shall find out...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Darthelmo: Role Play Academy.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female
Number of posts : 9316
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Darthelmo: Role Play Academy. Empty
PostSubject: Darthelmo: Role Play Academy.   Darthelmo: Role Play Academy. EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:18 pm

A member of the site has put forwards a suggestion that we should place Darthelmo in the RP academy, as he has "a certain spelling and writing that can be confused with the incomprehensible (Forget commas and periods by times, doesn't put any apostrophes, sometimes grammar errors with its, it's and the other rules like that.)"

What is the opinion of the Council?
Back to top Go down
https://mysticcreatures.rpg-board.net
Alba Linsky
Senator
Alba Linsky

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Location : Sitting on a leather couch in the apartment in my mind... =)
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Darthelmo: Role Play Academy.   Darthelmo: Role Play Academy. EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 10:40 pm

I personally don't mind when it doesn't confuse the meaning of things, but otherwise I don't really see what we can do about it other than get him to memorise the dictionary. lol

Alba xx
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female
Number of posts : 9316
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Darthelmo: Role Play Academy.   Darthelmo: Role Play Academy. EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 11:39 am

Voting so far:
Two neutral (33%)
Back to top Go down
https://mysticcreatures.rpg-board.net
whilaroo
High Priest
whilaroo

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Darthelmo: Role Play Academy.   Darthelmo: Role Play Academy. EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 4:42 am

With the counsel's permission, I would like to bring this matter before the member in question in my capacity as both a senator and as a friend. I know that this is, perhaps, unorthodox, but I would like to give him a chance to redeem himself if he should choose to do so without the 'humiliation' of publicly being assigned to the academy for reformation. I present you this option, or that of another senator of the counsel's choice presenting the same information to him, but, like I said before, I believe that he would be most likely to listen to me.

I leave you with this choice and, at this juncture, tender a neutral vote on the subject.
Back to top Go down
Toryn
Senator
Toryn

Male
Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Darthelmo: Role Play Academy.   Darthelmo: Role Play Academy. EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 6:28 am

Mm. Neutral. I honestly don't care much, and, well, he does have dyslexia, which makes him naturally unable to write correctly, although, forcing him to use spell check isn't a bad idea... hmmm...
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male
Number of posts : 3324
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Darthelmo: Role Play Academy.   Darthelmo: Role Play Academy. EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 7:27 am

Okay, I guess I'll just say that I saw this member-in-question.
Whilaroo, to my eyes, there is no humiliation going to RP academy. Everyone has to go in it sooner or later in their career of an RPer. I only got to the level I am because I actually went to places such as academies.
Ah, Toryn, you state there something that actually changes another something. If he has dyslexia, I guess I can tone down a bit, but yes, using spell check is something that is important, for all of us. Sometimes, okay, I type a lil' bit fast and I do a few errors, but I try to correct them afterwards if there are too many. DE's writing is... Practically... Incomprehensible, when it comes to reading (dunno when sentence starts, ends, etc...)
We just need to find a solution for that. Such as, Whilaroo and Toryn, instead of rewriting what DE wrote, you can actually point out the errors, and leave him to correct, so that he'll learn from his mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Toryn
Senator
Toryn

Male
Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Darthelmo: Role Play Academy.   Darthelmo: Role Play Academy. EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 3:55 pm

... I agree with you. The method of learning by doing with guidance works here.

Even I use spellcheck when my mind gets sucked in a gutter and I can't remember how to spell simple words...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darthelmo: Role Play Academy.   Darthelmo: Role Play Academy. Empty

Back to top Go down

Darthelmo: Role Play Academy.
Page 1 of 1