Mystic Creatures RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to all mystical creatures! Who dares to walk among the humans? Or who hides in the forests and lakes of this site? We shall find out...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alba Linsky
Senator
Alba Linsky

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Location : Sitting on a leather couch in the apartment in my mind... =)
Registration date : 2008-09-15

This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... Empty
PostSubject: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 11:04 pm

I've always noticed that i have a different way of seeing the world than others. I don't know why, i just have.
I'm a normal kid from France, my mum's Scottish so i'm half and half really. I've been to international schools my whole life and bla bla bla

But i seem to have specific ideas about things. I donno, lets pick one shall we?
Love for example. Going out with someone. I just don't understand how people can say yes to someone if they know they'll end up breaking up. For me, going out is the beginning of a relationship, and you can't go out with someone just because they've asked you out and you feel sorry for them. I don't understand the people who take advantage of the innocence and vulnerability of someone who's in love with them. Ok, it's human nature to love and to feel so much affection for an other being that they want to spend the rest of their lives with them, but it's just not natural to pretend to love someone. Love is not to be tampered with, even if you'r going to make someone unhappy for a while. You've just got to think: "I know he/she's going to be unhappy is i say no, but if i say yes, i'm really going to hurt their feelings when i finally can't take it anymore and tell them it can't go on."
Some people say i think too much, but sometimes, thinking's all there is to do. Just thinking things over and over in your mind, trying to comprehend things you don't understand. It's what keeps me going really, using my imagination and trying to understand things.

I'm not sure if i'll have to mark this topic as rated, but sex is an other thing.
I was thinking after having heard about a party that went on last weekend (Jenn and Bart know what i'm talking about) and ... well...
There was all this talk about this girl (who's a total slut by the way) who 'made out or more' with this guy she barely knew on her parent's bed! She didn't even like him, but he was the only one there who was willing to sleep with her. What i don't get, is her doing that so rashly, without even thinking it over. For me, the basics of having sex are to have children. And i know that there are condoms and pills and all that, but imagine the responsibility and huge decision of it all. Do i want to have children with this person?
Nowadays, its' just turned into a form of pleasure everybody's suposed to have done before the age of sixteen (well actually it's been that way since man evolved from chimps), but when you think about it, it's something that you will so regret having done at fifteen if it goes wrong. Imagine if you find out your pregnant and you don't even remember who the guy who knocked you up was! I don't knwo about you, but that shocks me. Sex is something you do with a person you love and think the world of. With someone who will be the father or mother of your children.
I don't know what you think about it, but ... well you probably think i'm talking through my... *ahem* you probably think i'm talking rubbish, but i have specific points of views. I warned you i was wierd.lol

Anyway, this is a work in progress and i havn't thought of anything else yet... oh, yeah, appart from that love is a bed of very spiky roses, and they hurt big time! lol

I'll write again soon,
Alba xx
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male
Number of posts : 3324
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 7:38 am

I'm an admin, and I don't think that this topic needs to be rated, as this could also be adressed to a 'smaller' public without shocking them, as us humans think of sex actually quite early in our lifetime.

You're not the only one to think of the world like that.
Mark my words.
What you say is right, sex has turned everyone to a 'sexhappy' state of living, thinking that sex is just another form of pleasure. But you think about it as I do. A form of love.
If I had sex (which wouldn't be probable, until I'm 18, to at least make it legal enough for me), I'm sure I would wear protection for two reasons:
-If the other person has not done yet a test for AIDS.
-I do NOT want to be father at 13-17 years old. I couldn't stand the risk of it all.

Just to let you know you're not the only one that's thinking about the world this way.
Back to top Go down
whilaroo
High Priest
whilaroo

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 5:33 pm

Not weird, Alba, admirable. This point of view you have presented, you fear, is beyond the normal and perhaps it is, but if you are indeed weird then mayhap you can take solace at least in knowing that you are not alone.

I'm sorry, I talk weird. What I'm trying to say is that, I share your opinion and support it. Moreover, I'm glad that you had the courage to put up your ideas on this matter. I take my hat off to you.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 7:00 pm

whilaroo wrote:
Not weird, Alba, admirable. This point of view you have presented, you fear, is beyond the normal and perhaps it is, but if you are indeed weird then mayhap you can take solace at least in knowing that you are not alone.

I'm sorry, I talk weird. What I'm trying to say is that, I share your opinion and support it. Moreover, I'm glad that you had the courage to put up your ideas on this matter. I take my hat off to you.
Echo in my mind wrote:
I'm sorry, I talk weird.
Echo in my mind wrote:
I talk weird.
Echo in my mind wrote:
Talk weird.
Echo in my mind wrote:
Weird.
Echo in my mind wrote:
Weird.

No, Whil. The manner of speaking does not make One be 'weird'. I could talk exactly like you, and would be considered 'weird' amognst the fools.
I love your way of writing, Whil. Keep it on. Don't lose that talent.
Back to top Go down
Alba Linsky
Senator
Alba Linsky

Female

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 9:57 pm

Awww, you guys are so sweet. Thanx for the support, i don't get much in this area. lol
I'm glad to know that i'm not alone in thinking this way and would also like to hear about your point of views on things like that. Anything: the abuse of children/women/animals; deforestation; poluting; euh... the unfareness of homework.lol
I donno, anything, Smile

Alba xx
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 7:38 am

Jesus Christ, this topic is probably going to become like one of those conversations I had with Dox a long time ago. Okay, just to bring back a dead conversation;
Why do humans always need this sense of superiority?
Yes, yes, I know this is a question that should not be asked, but, I mean, really.
Humans, at their birth, already depend on superiority. Babies try to get what they want (we all did, at some point, eh). Children then, at school, try to get a reputation. If this succeeds, they rediculize other people, to make them seem stronger than others. Decisions in elementary school are judged by force, thus by fights amongst each other. But those who do not get a reputation will foreveer be considered as inferior to the rest of the mates. Fortunately, I didn't get a reputation, but nor did I get discriminated, except in the first few days.
Then, near teen years, it's almost just like children, except with slightly more diplomacy, more use of words. But reputation then is very important. Someone who has high reputation can say something and be applauded for it, and someone with low reputation can say the same thing, and get objects hauled at him.
Near older years, 15-20, people seem to get alongside with others more, since they have a more mature mind. But then, that's because it gets way more diplomatic. Intelligence comes into play, where it is a race for the grades. People who have bad grades shall stay behind whilst the others will move on.
Once adult, you can feel the full superiority someone needs; Wealth, Health, etc. if you have lots of wealth, you are protected, you live better, etc, whilst people who don't have to beg in streets. If you have health, you are lucky, and you are fully performant, whilst those who don't are handicapped for life and have to move using a stick or a wheelchair.
Presidents, for example, use military force to try to win arguments. Just like children.
Ironic, hmm?
Back to top Go down
Alba Linsky
Senator
Alba Linsky

Female

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 10:09 pm

Well, i suppose it's just human nature, just a bad aspect of it. It's like Jellousy, or Hate, or Lust, they all tie down to the same thing: humanity being selfish and self centered. I know i'm making a generality of it all, because of course, some humans have done amazing things for animals, preserving nature and helping other humans in need, but i still can't stop thinking of Man as beeing a pessimistic image. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
whilaroo
High Priest
whilaroo

Male

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 10:29 pm

Pessimism is the natural reaction... It is hard to look at a race, any race, and say that they are worth the time you have given them in the few moments you have taken to make a cursory observation. Humanity, no matter in what society, will, as a whole, strive to better themselves. You are right when you say that it is our nature. Alone, one cannot change their own nature. You can all think I'm stark raving mad for saying this, but I believe in God. In fact, it is the same one whose name you use quite frequently, Copy'N'Paste, Jesus Christ, I believe... Fear not, I'm not angry at you, whether or not you care. It is my belief that God is the one who can change the heart, the nature, of a person. I know that He has with me... Perhaps it is not impossible to be a person who can live completely for others without the influence of any other being, but I believe that one of the greatest reasons that society, as a whole, has turned inward is because they are without a reason to do otherwise, without faith, without hope of something more than what exists in the here and now. That is my opinion, that without purpose there is no such thing as love or caring for anything that is not you... Belief is that drive, that meaning, and when it simply doesn't exist, there is no reason to care about actions that will have no residual effect towards your person the moment you die...
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 10:44 pm

So, Whilaroo, basically, you're saying that not having a beleif or goal makes us go to the downfall? If that's what I read, and I think I red correctly, don't think of my above statement as offensive; I can venerate people whom beleive in God, but I can't understand why they think so.
Back to top Go down
Alba Linsky
Senator
Alba Linsky

Female

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 11:13 pm

I myself do not have a religion. I do not believe in God, just Man and what he does.
I don't agree with you (Whilaroo) when you say that Man does not care about anyone but himself. This is true about most people, but there are a LOT of exceptions.
Me for exaple. Of course, I don't want to die or be hurt or anything, but I feel so much more affection for certain people than for myself that it would be hard to live without them. My friends, family, the love of my life who i may or may not have met yet... the list goes on.

Alba xx
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 11:15 pm

I think Whilaroo meant that MANKIND only thought of himself.
In some way, what he mentions is true. Mankind is killing the Earth (indirectly or directly) in order to propage mankind.
Mankind for mankind.
Earth for mankind.

But, if he spoke about ones themselves, I have to reject that as you did earlier, but I highly doubt that he mentioned that that way, as we had a conversation on the chatbox not long ago. You can check the archives if you want, to see more detail.
Back to top Go down
whilaroo
High Priest
whilaroo

Male

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 11:17 pm

Not offensive... I am not too quick to take things in such an abrasive manner, nor do I feel so insecure as to have my beliefs rattled so easily. All of us have a goal of one kind or another. Anyone can through life with a goal and totally shred everyone around them. In fact, I agree with most of what you said up there... No... a goal is not what we need, rather something more... Hope. Think about it, you could walk through life having a completely set goal that didn't require anyone else to even be thought of as alive. What we really need is something... the promise of more than that which we can see. "Honestly, why should we be anything but out for ourselves?" Ask yourself why not... If you are like me the answer is simple, because we are not in existence simply to acquire for ourselves prosperity in terms of financial wealth or social standing. Like you said, Copy'N'Paste, we all desire some form of recognition, but we go about it in the more 'natural' way. I mean, if you are really just an animal that lives and dies, what is the purpose of being 'nice' to get attention? Well, I suppose some people take that point of view. Think about how easy it is to simply justify doing 'wrong'. What is wrong and right? Oh, for the love of... I'm doing it again...

I believe that love was given to us as the only true picture of what we are supposed to be... It is that belief, most strongly that makes me strive for whatever good is. I want to be a better person because I believe that I should. What is a better person? That's up for you to decide. I have chosen to put my faith in God, because what is said in the Bible makes sense to me... Do I always act perfectly, am I just a good person, no... But I have a reason to try to be... Is what I'm saying making sense? Without a reason to try to be good, why be good? So you may believe in logic or love or a greater good, whatever, the point is that when you believe, your beliefs form you. Everyone believes in something, it's what you believe in that matters. Inevitably, it boils down to a simple question of, "What do you believe?" (That's Rhetorical, by the way) It is that which we believe in that makes us who we are. We are only limited by what we are willing to believe. For instance, and I can totally understand how this doesn't make sense to you, I believe in an all powerful being who created me, a being of worship, to praise him in all I do. I do not always meet up to this so simple standard, but I try. This belief makes me that which I am...

I don't know how else to put it... The goal stems from the belief, the belief is made of hope and faith. Without these, what reason is there for living? And life without reason is only a fleeting experience, so why not make the most out of the time you have left, regardless of anyone else? That is one of the reasons I cannot understand how someone could not believe in God. How can this really be it? How can this be the beginning and the end, but from the perspective that it is, this life is all you have... What are you going to do with it?

Alba, I understand what you are saying, and I do not mean to offend. I was using very broad terminology, as is my tendency. But will you deny that you believe love is important? Why is that? Is there really a reason? Or do you just believe that it is right?
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 11:30 pm

Whilaroo, you're writing huge blocks of text again...

I beleive that our feelings and personality are our true forms of what makes us humans, well, humans. If everyone had the same mentality and feelings as another, what could differ them, except the fact that they are two different beings in reality, but, technically speaking, they would only be clones one another? What happens through our life changes what we do and what we say the second day, and that day changes what we want or what we say the third. Feelings are chosen by your mind, but is your mind chosen by you? I think not. The mind developes the feeling system, as the personality does. So that would mean that personality and feelings have something in common, which is not completely false.
It is true in one way, as personality affects feelings, or vice versa. If you have been mistreated by something or somewho, your personality might think that violence and pain is a normal thing of life (which isn't completely false, also, for that matter) and thus, violence and pain won't afflict you as much as to others. If you were raised by caring parents, or 'too-caring' parents, that treated you too well, breaking to your every complaint, you'll think that your way should be the way, no doubting it, and when you want something, you would have it, no matter what, and you would be hoping to get it as soon as you ask it (as everyone does, for a matter of fact, but some accept decline more than others)
As for feelings can afflict your personality, if you were sad most of your life for diverse reasons, you could then be of a depressive personality. If you were angered very easily, then your personality would change to low temper, and thus act before thinking. Your feelings and personality change the way you act. But do not think that animals do not have personality nor feelings, as I have not forgot them, even though I am talking about humans.
Animals which have consciousness of themselves on the Earth, such as monkies, elephants, dolphins, have personality and feelings, but they get effected by instinct. Monkies may show compassion for one another, and react the same way a 'human' would do, as protecting their one, etc. But they can also show agressive sides against ones that aren't the same as them, as an example was shown by a group of black-furred primates, rejecting a white-furred one. Would that mean that 'racism' exists in every being that has consciousness? Could be so. But then, that would mean that consciousness are immediately agressive against others, (which isn't completely false) and thus, stray into groups, chaning once again their personality and feelings, etc, and that's how goes the line.
Back to top Go down
whilaroo
High Priest
whilaroo

Male

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 11:58 pm

Look at he who has chosen to speak!

This opinion is interesting but you act as if there are only outside factors that can alter a state of mind... As if, even at full cognitive power, that a person is incapable of changing themselves, which is, I think, the same feeling that Alba got about my own previous statement. If it is then true that only through outside factors (which, I grant, does have credence to it) are able to alter that within, then we are furthermore just along for the ride that life may or may not give us. It would seem that you say, we are who we are without any say in the matter... Honestly, I am not sure as to whether or not this is indeed what you actually mean. I agree that when we believe ourselves to be only the next step in the evolutionary chain we have a tendency to simply emulate the animal kingdom in following our instincts which are naturally of a fickle constitution. We are shaped by the events and people we meet with, and our personalities can definitely changed by our emotions, but we also have choices as to what influences we allow to change our fundamental beings, and although we have emotions we can choose to suppress them. I am not saying that the oppression of emotions is necessary to living a good life, but if you simply acted on your hatred for a person, would it end up well? If you allowed passion to rule your existence...what do you think would happen? We are not merely at the whim of nature or fate, we have willpower and the ability to exercise it...

If we did not, then everything I have said up to this point is moot. Think about it, we are changed by that around us, but we can choose, to a certain extent, how. Also, from within we are able to choose what we dwell upon emotionally. Now, sometimes, emotions can be overpowering and are hard to control let alone master, but we have the ability to...defy what you might call our nature. We do not have to be simply what the 'world' has 'made' us to be.

I mean not to demean animals either. Though I perhaps do not give them such an elevated position as you do, or rather I do not feel the need to protect their honor so fiercely. I believe that animals do have intelligence, though I know not its extent. I even believe them to be in possession of a soul, not quite like are own but not so different as to be unrecognizable. You seem to feel that animals are threatened in talks of intelligence, which in some circles they might be, but know that here they need no advocate...
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female
Number of posts : 9316
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptySat May 02, 2009 9:25 am

Animals have intelligence, that much is true. I take the example of a horse. Anyone who has ever been in close contact with one will know that they are in fact, rather intelligent beings. A horse trying to worm its way out of work or trying to throw a rider will always think up news ways to do so (Believe me I know...).
Back to top Go down
https://mysticcreatures.rpg-board.net
Alba Linsky
Senator
Alba Linsky

Female

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptySat May 02, 2009 11:19 pm

I do not agree when people say that animals are totally inferior to humans (and i never said you said so). How can this be, when, I might be going against certain people's views here, man himself evolved from apes. When you look as an orangutang (sh*t can't remember how to spell it) or a chimp, you can tell that they understand so much of the world. They are the closest beings in the animal kingdom to us and i understand that completelly.
But not only monkeys. As Jenn pointed out with her example on horses, you look into centain animal's eyes and you just think "God, how could anyone ever have thought you were inferior to us."
Obviously, not all animals' brains are anywhere neer ours. After all, there's a huge difference between a chimp's or a dolphin's and a mouse's or a rabbit's. But when people say that animals are inferior to humans, it's like saying that the earth will blow up in 50 years. It's a generalisation that it=sn't taking in all the other possibilities of life.

(( can i just point out that fish have liquid brains. Random, i know, lol))

Alba xx
Back to top Go down
whilaroo
High Priest
whilaroo

Male

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptyMon May 04, 2009 4:03 am

Liquid brains? That's... Really? Why didn't I know that?... never mind.

For sure, animals are incredibly intelligent beings and depending on both what it is and the individual, I have met animals that I would say were smarter than some humans which i have come into contact with... The only quandary I can think of in so emphasizing animals as you seem to, Alba, is that in a situation where you had to pick between an animal and a human... No, that was wrong of me. I'm sorry for even thinking such a thing.

Evolution... such a strange concept... Never mind me, just thinking out loud...

Forgive me if I have misread any of this situation, but I do not seek in any of this to force you to alter your opinions. The purpose of me posting here is to try to give you insight into the twisted labyrinth of my mind. I don't have with you the personal relationship that most of the members of the forum have with each other. Thus, I utilize this place of discussion to give you an understanding of me, if you should desire it... Likewise, I endeavor to learn about you through your replies. My intention therefore is not to argue with you or prove you wrong, but merely to summon forth your thoughts so as that I might try to... comprehend your standpoints. Such understanding will hopefully put us in a place of friendship, or at least bring whatever relationship may exist to a point that lacks animosity. The part that backfires is that, depending on how well I portray my ideals or how you would chose to receive them, I might put some rift formed by either misunderstanding or anger between us. All I'm trying to do is to get to know some new friends better, and let them in on what they can expect from me...

Lastly, I want to thank you, Alba, for making a topic on which we are free to voice our thoughts in an environment that suffers not from the hostility that it might be met with elsewhere. I, for one, will make a great enterprise of not interpreting the strength of your emotions to mean an attack on my person, and request that you would keep in mind that I say nothing in a heated manner or with injurious nature. If I ever have anger with you I will (well, knowing me, I'll probably keep it bottled up inside and let it eat me alive from within) tell you, but I would not be so insensitive as to do it in front of everyone else. As if I hadn't already made my point fifteen different ways, my quest is not your humiliation or mine, although my being made to look the fool would undoubtedly happen long before you started to even think in a clouded manner. If you have made it this far, thank you for reading my ramblings, and I hope you now understand that," what may look like a conflicting nature in my words is, in truth, no more than inquisitiveness and the need for clarification that my oh-so-dense mind cannot live without.
Back to top Go down
Alba Linsky
Senator
Alba Linsky

Female

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptyMon May 04, 2009 10:07 pm

Can i just point out that you are the most articulate person i've ever had a discussion with, Whilaroo! I swear, you convey your feelings into words so well it would be hard to mistake your feelings. Finally someone who has as much passionate emotions about aspects of life as me. YOU RULE MAN!!! lol
Anyway, i know i'm changing subject, but I'd like to know your opinion on abortion.
Strange topic, yeah, but it's something that's happening more and more these days, and I'm not too sure what to think about it.
On one hand, I'm against it, knowing that it's taking away life and an actual human being. Women have no right, even if the child was unwanted and and accident and is "theirs" as most say, so they can do what they want with it, it's inhuman to take away a life without the person's concent (even if the life is only a fetus).
But on the other hand, abortion can be a good thing. For example, if you find out that your child suffers from a serious mental or phisical disability (even if this could only be detected quite late in the pregnancy), it's understandable that if the child would not be able to live properly, that abortion might be necessary to prevent suffering at birth. Also, there's the idea that the unborn child is not really a life, seeing as it has never taken a breath and opened it's eyes on the world outside the comfort of it's mother's womb. People could say that it wouldn't know what it would be missing... though that doesn't sound too good, does it.
What do you think about this?
Back to top Go down
whilaroo
High Priest
whilaroo

Male

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptyMon May 04, 2009 10:47 pm

Truly, Alba, it is an exhortation to me to know that I speak with such a measure of clarity. Being misunderstood is perhaps on of my greater fears, that I should be incapable of implicating my thoughts in cognitive manner... I too am glad to find someone with a passion for life and such firmly formed opinions. It is most intriguing to talk with someone who does not appear to abhor speaking about their convictions and the reasoning behind them. Know that I speak only my thoughts, this is not embellishment, your conversation is incredibly refreshing. You cause me to think, both you and CnP, and for that, I cannot thank you enough.

Abortion is wrong, that is the least extreme way in which I can indicate my feelings on the matter, but you seemed to have already grasped the base concept upon which I have built my opinion: a human, even in the fetus state is a human being. The way I see it, then, is that the elimination of such a life would be to the murder of a newborn or any other person, and as the unborn child has not committed any sort of crime, it is not as if they can be charged with anything other than being unwanted. True though it may be that they will live a life that is less than pleasant, they should be, at least, given the chance to live it. The probability, or so I have been informed by several medically employed persons, of the child having some sort of a defect that causes the pregnancy to become dangerous is minuscule in even the worst cases. I have not personally been involved in a situation where I knew someone who chose to abort a baby, but from what information I have been able to garner, the experience actually seems to have a tendency to cause mental scars to the woman who aborted the child...

You mentioned above that the baby wouldn't be able to give consent, but even if they would that would only be euthanasia, another practice which I do not condone. Perhaps, if they were at a cognitive state and you look at it as one life sacrificing themselves for another, in the case that the pregnancy would definitely end in the death of the mother... But even then, I am an idealist and believe that the mother would be willing to give up their own life for the child. But then, my mother always was and forever shall be that kind of person, so...

I can honestly say that she is my greatest influence in this area, my mother that is. She was adopted after having been put up for adoption because her birth mother "didn't want her". She ended up with what some would call a messed up family, but she loved them all the same. Her life was hard at times, but she survived...no, thrived even in difficult situations. As far as I'm concerned, she ended up a better person than most, not that she's perfect, but she is a good person. If her birth mother had just opted out and had an abortion, I wouldn't exist... Some might say that, "Well, these circumstances just make you to close to the subject to be objective." I ask you though, do you understand what it means to know that you could have been quelled before you were born, or that your best friend might not have been because of whatever reason his/her mother gave for needing to abort them?! So my emotions on the subject are a mixture of fear, sadness, rage, pity, heck I probably span the whole emotional bridge on this issue.

Understand that I do not condemn women who chose abortions, I pity them, for I truly believe that you could only do something like that if you didn't understand the ramifications of your actions... Thus, it could be considered involuntary manslaughter, if you will, an accident, but if whence someone became conscious of exactly what it was they were doing and still went on to do it, what could I perceive but murder?

Summed up, abortion is one of the saddest things in the world, the ending of a life that knew not the joy of living...
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptyTue May 05, 2009 10:15 am

Yes, but abortion has it's qualities. I'm not saying that it is good, but there are some things that it can be used for:
Imagine, teens, well, have sex, without any protection. The female gets a baby. Having teen parents is a really, really, really, bad thing. Abortion would've been the first thing that would come into my mind.
Back to top Go down
Alba Linsky
Senator
Alba Linsky

Female

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptyTue May 05, 2009 4:46 pm

I do agree that abortion is a form of murder, and I also agree that being a teenager and having a child is totally wrong. For one, you can't stop your studies to look after the child because than you're stranded for work in the futur. To hire a nanny is even worse for the child because they end up thinking they have two mums and don't see their parents enough. Also, the mother might not be old enough to look after the baby properly.
For example, a few years ago, a young spanish girl of 11 ended up pregnant after having slept with her 14 year old cousin. Now I know that's SICK, SICK, SICK, but imagin the position she would have been in. At eleven, a girl's body isn't developped enough to even cope with the birth, let alone looking after the child afterwards. I would endanger her life!
Now there, I think that abortion is a valid solution, even if, yes, it is murder, but even so, i think that the girl had much more potential than the unborn baby. In my opinoin (even though i don't know what happened) she sould have lived and had an abortion, and not died, probably killing the baby at birth.
Although I have no proof that either of them died and they're probably having a great life... well, a 15 year olf girl with a 4 year old child is just awfull, but you never know what could have happened...
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptyTue May 05, 2009 4:51 pm

Alba Linsky wrote:
I do agree that abortion is a form of murder, and I also agree that being a teenager and having a child is totally wrong. For one, you can't stop your studies to look after the child because than you're stranded for work in the futur. To hire a nanny is even worse for the child because they end up thinking they have two mums and don't see their parents enough. Also, the mother might not be old enough to look after the baby properly.
For example, a few years ago, a young spanish girl of 11 ended up pregnant after having slept with her 14 year old cousin. Now I know that's SICK, SICK, SICK, but imagin the position she would have been in. At eleven, a girl's body isn't developped enough to even cope with the birth, let alone looking after the child afterwards. I would endanger her life!
Now there, I think that abortion is a valid solution, even if, yes, it is murder, but even so, i think that the girl had much more potential than the unborn baby. In my opinoin (even though i don't know what happened) she sould have lived and had an abortion, and not died, probably killing the baby at birth.
Although I have no proof that either of them died and they're probably having a great life... well, a 15 year olf girl with a 4 year old child is just awfull, but you never know what could have happened...
Bolded is what I wouldn't like. At all.
First, they commited incest. Eh.
Second, they have a freakin' kid. That's just well. I mean, imagine the kid's state. HELP.
Third, the kid is probably going to have a very, very hard lifetime.
Back to top Go down
whilaroo
High Priest
whilaroo

Male

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptyTue May 05, 2009 6:39 pm

Teenage pregnancy is an incredible problem, but to end the baby just to cover for even these things... If the girl is able to give birth, which is only a minuscule percentage of the population, then at least you could put the child up for adoption and give them a chance. It's true that their life may end up as a horrible and twisted thing, but they also have the chance at just living. One of the things you said, Alba, hit me: "i think that the girl had much more potential than the unborn baby." How can something like that be decided? I don't mean to...I don't...I seem to run out of words... Every day we choose to value one life over another, I do it too, so this is a statement that I make to include all humans, but in this instance, when it is possible that both beings might survive... Albeit, life in the aftermath of giving up a child to either abortion or adoption is not easy for the girl, but when you opt for abortion you don't even consider the child worth the while, the time? At least if you let them be adopted, they live. Yes, their life could be emotionally tumultuous and end in a horribly disfigured manner, but why should we be the ones to decide that for them before they've even had the chance to find out what breathing is like?! I know that I sound like I'm caught in a spin-cycle, but I'm trying for all I'm worth to get this out without choking on my own emotion. Hmm, how about we try it this way... The girl made a mistake, a big mistake, and the guy...yick, made the same one, although I'm gonna hit him harder with it because he doesn't have to go through pregnancy and is most likely exempt of responsibility. So, someone has to pay for this 'mistake'... For the sake of simplification I'm gonna say that there are three people who could have to pay: the mom, the dad, the kid. The mom would have to pay by sacrificing a good deal of her young life to care for the kid, but in doing this she does get the joy of a child. The father could equally 'suffer' the sacrifice of raising or at least helping to raise the kid, again he would undergo the 'horror' of having a child. Both of these routes through life could either make or destroy the mum and da, or could make, and I shiver as I say it, a family. Now we get to the kid... At this point, the only sacrifice the child can make is its own life. It seems so simple, doesn't it, to just eliminate the fetus, what science calls the baby until it has its umbilical cut, and live your life... The father gets away from this one scot free, but the mother undergoes, generally, what most mothers do when they lose a child, loss, emptiness, inconsolable sadness. Of course, for some this can easily be gotten over, but others who realize what they have done... Like I said, I'm just a writer as far as this is concerned. I've never even been on the sidelines of an abortion to know what it is like, but I have seen what it is like to not have been aborted. Frankly, I fear for someone who can justify abortion because it makes expendable the life that might have otherwise had at least the simple right of living...
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female
Number of posts : 9316
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptyTue May 05, 2009 6:53 pm

Ok, I'm going to point one little thing out in this abortion discussion. Rape. A teenage girl is raped, as is unfortunately quite commun in some countries, even if we don't hear about it any more. If the girl gets away with her life, then she also looks forward to the possibility of being pregnant. The girl may not feel ready to be able to care for the baby, and yet it was not of her own fault that she ended up with-child.
I think that, in these cases, then it is acceptable to abort. Going through with the pregnancy and then giving the child up for adoption can often cause more psycological problems than the abortion. Postnatal depression, or just depression in short, as well as the post-traumatic stress of the rape itself.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticcreatures.rpg-board.net
whilaroo
High Priest
whilaroo

Male

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... EmptyTue May 05, 2009 10:38 pm

But could you imagine being a victim of something as brutal as rape and then terminating the pregnancy? Now, it may start off all right, but just think about what would happen if, at some point in life, she would decide that she was responsible for the death of that child. Yes, I can see how the child could be a symbol of pain for the person or just another thing that they wouldn't be able to take care of, but I myself can find no basis to condone the ending of such a life. I know that, were I capable of being put in this situation, I couldn't abort a child under any circumstances, but I'm not a female so I can't. Think about it, would you ever be able to justify to yourself having an abortion or encouraging someone else to undergo the procedure? Rape messes you up bad, again I have not had the pain of being anywhere near such a case, but I am an empathetic person at least. I understand humiliation and pain. Even not being able to magnify them to that incredible extent, nor possessing a desire to do so, I believe that I can barely begin to see what I would do to console someone in that situation... It's hard... To me it just doesn't matter the reason: health of the mother, health of the child, rape, not wanting a child, not being able to deal with a child, etc...I cannot bring myself to believe that abortion is ever necessary or even a good alternative...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... Empty

Back to top Go down

This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next