Mystic Creatures RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to all mystical creatures! Who dares to walk among the humans? Or who hides in the forests and lakes of this site? We shall find out...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female
Number of posts : 9316
Registration date : 2008-07-21

This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 11:26 pm

Then there are all the psycological problems that accompany it. Say that yes, you do go through with the pregnancy, and then give the child for adoption, you're putting your mental health at risk. For one, a mother has a bond with a child that is so strong that it can cause severe mental problems, such as thinking that you're not good enough to look after the child, or severe depression. By terminating the pregnancy before the advanced stage, then the link isn't forged, thus saving the mother from these illnesses.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticcreatures.rpg-board.net
whilaroo
High Priest
whilaroo

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2009-04-04

This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...   This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2009 4:32 am

So... one person's mental health is worth another person's life?

The mind can heal, in fact, any aspect of the human is capable of healing. True, the person may live with scars for the rest of their life, but the point is that they have the capability to repair themselves as well as the choice to allow their 'psyche' to knit itself back together. Death, however, is not something that simply reverses itself. For me, the concept of death is not a wholly bad thing, but for you who believe that this world is the end-all be-all, I cannot understand how you might treat death with even a tiny bit of a casual attitude... Excuse me if I sound rash, but I feel a bit disturbed at the moment...

What I said above is rather abrasive, but it is still how I feel, whether it is offending or not. To demean the life of an unborn child is to demean the most innocent form of life. With that mentality, it becomes even easier to deem anyone unnecessary to life's function. If someone else's existence threatens your life or has the potential to in some way, say that of your mental health, are they not expendable as nothing more than a danger to your person? I find that letting such a feeling guide anything but a villain or antihero character in my writing is a rather frightening. When the death of innocence becomes an acceptable outcome, morality takes a back seat as it sits and watches the world fall apart... The ability to condone such removal of presence can lead to far darker things...

Sacrifice...we talked about it before... Tell me, should not a mother be willing to sacrifice herself for her child? If not, can she be trusted with motherhood? Is not the mark of true love the sacrifice of one's self? CnP, Shadow, when asked about what the extent of your belief in love would be, you answered, unless I'm gravely mistaken, that for one you loved you would find it in yourself to give up even your own lives for that one for whom you cared that strongly... Tell me, were you ever to be in such a situation as that you should have children, this is addressed to all, would you not wish to have that sacrificial love for your offspring? I do not question your integrity, but merely wish to understand if you truly have the opinions you stated above...

Wow, but I do appear like the black cloud, don't I?
Back to top Go down

This isn't a diary, but more my point of view on things...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2