Mystic Creatures RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to all mystical creatures! Who dares to walk among the humans? Or who hides in the forests and lakes of this site? We shall find out...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clawmark. -FINISHED-

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male
Number of posts : 3324
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Clawmark. -FINISHED- Empty
PostSubject: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 5:08 pm

Warning: This writing might include explicit text and mature scenes. You have been warned.
Note: Bad grammar shall be fairly noticeable in these texts. Please, don't PM me to diss me about it, because I'm (and some other people, such as Whilaroo) working on grammar as hard as I can.

“Leorn!”
Hearing my name, I opened my eyes tiredly. I looked up, rubbing my eyes with my clenched fists. I yawned, putting one hand in front of my mouth to be polite. I smacked my lips, looking up at the tall person. I saw Mrs. Lenamlee, my history-geography teacher. I wondered what she was doing here. I looked around, then it struck me. I was in a room, and not any normal room. My history-geography class. I looked up at my teacher.
“Care to answer the question?” she asked, glaring down at me. She seemed very oppressive, when you look up at her from your desk. What question? I thought, lifting one eyebrow at the teacher. That didn't make her any happier. “Well?!” she demanded. I felt uneasy. When you were supposed to answer a question to Mrs. Lenamlee, you better do it quickly, and hope to not get the answer wrong. I tilted my head sideways, looking at what the teacher had written on the white board. It was written, 'When did Columbus discover America?'. I lifted one eyebrow, then glanced back at Mrs. Lenamlee.
“1492,” I said, frankly, but hesitantly. She raised an eyebrow at me in return, and that made me feel uneasy. She turned around.
“Correct,” she said, walking over to the white board, taking a blue marker, marking the answer and underlining it, “Columbus discovered America in 1492.”
I stopped listening to the teacher as soon as she babbled on something about that Columbus had accidentally gone on the Caribbean, so he didn't really discover America.
My name is Leorn Teltesier. I am 14 years old, in eighth grade, male youth. I have pitch-black, uncombed hair. A few strands of it curl in front of my forehead as I stand. I'm pretty tall for my age. I have dark green eyes that resemble the colors on army camouflage. Even though I'm tall, I'm not much heavier than the major part of my class. But, I have to admit, most of them eat junk food all day, and that doesn't actually make them slim.
I am a kuijin, and nobody knows that. I hide my true form from the others, using my transformation power to blend inside human society by taking human shape. My family and I moved here quite a long time ago, since we had no other choice. My family and I were driven out of our previous residential area, in Spain. We marched to the closest next country, France. My soul animal is the coyote-fox. Because of that, you could notice I have larger and longer fangs than most kids my age. I have a bigger chest than the other children, and pointier ears, but that is hidden by my hair. My nails are sturdy and pointy, and many people say that I should cut them more often. I also have a tail, but it is hidden because I attach it to one of my legs, and I wear very baggy pants with that. I'm the best morpher of the family, my mother says, because I learned to hide most of my coyote features. My brother and sister are also moderately good morphers, but they basically have the same features as I have, and they are older, and have a different soul animal.
I sleep in class, because a coyote is mostly a crepusular canine, and I am affected by that. So, in the day, I'm very tired, and at night, I barely sleep. This whacks up my whole sleeping cycle, because since I cannot sleep in the day because of school, I have to sleep at night, but that's kinda hard when you are wide awake at night.
My ear pricked as I heard my name, called from my side. I turned my head around, to see that Laurent Dessiya, one of my friends, had called me. Laurent was small, and had combed brown hair. He also had brown eyes, and a habit to say the most random things spontaneously. He was almost always hyperactive, and he never listened in class. He lifted his eyebrows. Yes, eyebrow-lifting for us was a way to communicate in class without a sound. We could just guess the messages we passed to each other by body movement. Basically, here, he was saying, “Close one.”
I rolled my eyes. “Yes, I know.”
He poked twice at his right wrist. “Time?”
I looked at my watch, attached to my pant buckle after the bracelet broke, with a key chain lock. I raised my head to look at him, and put up seven fingers. “Seven to.”
He gave me a thumbs up. “Good.”
I turned my head back to the teacher, who was still blabbing on about Columbus who went to the Caribbean, and yadda yadda yadda. She hadn't noticed us pass messages by sign language, which was lucky for us, but, then again, she had forgotten her glasses today, like she did yesterday, the day before that, and she would do the same for the weeks to come. Then, I raised my head quickly as I heard a very familiar noise, that made my heart shiver, and my body warm. In other words, the bell rang. I grabbed my bag, set at the side of my desk, then opened it wide. I poured all my history-geography stuff into the bag, put my pen back into my pencil case, shoved that into the bag, closed the bag, then heaved it onto my back. As the students rushed out the door, the teacher announced, “Remember to revise your lesson for next week; test!” There was a loud groan from most of the students, as the last ones came out of the classroom. I waited for Laurent to come out, then for Jach. Jach came out, and I did a hand sign for him to come. He noticed it, and walked toward us. Jach was kind of weird. You had this eerie feeling next to him if you didn't know him properly, and he was always lost in his own little world in class. He also forgot his stuff frequently, earning him more homework. If you didn't know him well, you would think he would be daydreaming in the middle of music class, which was exceptionally hard, because the teacher always bawled her lungs out at you if you got a wrong note. But, if you knew him correctly, you would know he would be able to daydream in the middle of a raging battlefield with millions of people dying around him.

Last edited by CopynPaste on Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:00 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 5:09 pm

Jach had long arms, and slightly shorter legs than most of the students in the class. He was also short himself, but not as short as Laurent. He also has combed chestnut hair, in the same way as Laurent, even though he didn't do that purposely. He was always wearing long-sleeved shirts, even though it was boiling outside. He also had long pants, that hid his shoes, and the back parts of the pant legs slid against the ground as he walked. He held his bag on only one shoulder at all times, making him have one shoulder lower than the other. He was different from the other students. I could at least tell you that
Laurent started the conversation.
“Hey, Bruce,” he began. Of course, no one around here was named Bruce, but he was referring to me. To make a short story long, once we had known each other for a while, we started giving each other nicknames. Mine was Lee. Then, they saw my talents at martial arts in gym class, and they thought of Bruce Lee, and just took the Bruce out. Now, my nickname is Bruce. He continued, “Wanna go to the cafet'?”
Now, Laurent was referring to the cafeteria downstairs. We could buy food from there, but I never got into that, because everything they sold was either really greasy, or really sugary, and, is you ask me, I keep a very close eye on my diet, even though I'm a coyote. “Nah thanks,” I answered, “Y'know I never was really into that.”
Laurent shrugged, then turned to Jach. “How 'bout you, Jacky?” That was Jach's nickname. Of course, Jach didn't answer. It's not that he didn't talk much, it's because he was probably daydreaming again. Laurent nudged Jach, who then woke up from his thoughts. “Huh? What?” he said, startled.
“So, wanna go?” Laurent continued.
“What?” Jach asked.
Laurent sighed deeply. “Wanna go to the cafet'?” he asked. Jach shrugged.
“Fine with me,” he answered. Laurent and Jach started walking away, making their way to the cafeteria. I looked at my watch. 4:00 PM. I looked around, noticing that everybody there was gone, then I started going down the stairs, passing a few of my comrades, bumping once into a teacher, then walking calmly passed the principle (And then running like hell once I was behind him).
I arrived downstairs, and I opened one of the doors to go outside. As I thought, the whole group was there. Haylyn, Katherin, Claire, Toby, Andrew, and others were at the building where we usually met. I gave a little hand sign to them for saying hi. I shook Andrew's hand. He had a firm grip, and he tried to move my fingers in the way where it hurts, normally. But he did it so much to me that I got used to it, and he stopped automatically. I turned to Haylyn and Katherin, who were talking about people in their class. Haylyn turned to me, and gave me small hand sign, saying hi. I walked to them, and Katherin turned to me.
“Hey, Lee,” she said. Yes, she kept my older nickname, because she thought it was better, and she hated Bruce Lee anyways.
“Hi,” I said, in return. I stopped listening for a while, my attention being caught by Claire who was being hyperactive with Sophie again, doing weird things like imitating a plane. I lifted my eyebrows, then turned to Katherin again. I thought I had stopped listening for much more time than I thought I had, because now Katherin was going on about sex. I lifted one eyebrow, and Haylyn did the same.
“Wrong conversation at the wrong time, eh?” I said, trying to find my words. Katherin turned to me, smiling.
“Ehhh...” She began, “Yeah.” I rolled my eyes.
“I can recognize myself there,” I answered. That was true. I always got into the wrong conversations, at the wrong time. It's not that I am not keen on the idea of sex (And to be honest, I'm also perverted in a way), in fact, I don't really care, but I always get into conversations where I am not supposed to be listening. Haylyn laughed, and I rolled my eyes. Anyways, I had finished class for today. Same thing for Laurent and Jach, but not for Haylyn and Katherin. They were in 9th grade, and they finished at 6. Anyhow, I waved them goodbye, and I took out my identity book from my bag, showing it to one of the pawns, who then nodded. All students had an identity book, to show that they are really who they are, some important information, and the times where one finishes. I put my identity book away, heaved my bag onto my back again, and then walked out of the school gates.
I took the path to my house, which was near the other end of the area, but I didn't really care. I loved to walk, so I began trotting down the path, past the school. I looked inside the school through the bars, looking at the students who hadn't finished yet. I then passed the gym. I could hear the squeaking of shoes against the floor of the gymnasium, and the echo of the yells inside. I couldn't determine whether the yells were of pain, or if they were of happiness. I lifted my eyebrows to myself, and continued walking, not taking much notice anymore of the gymnasium. A few cars passed on the road by my side. I started thinking of the homework I had to do for tomorrow, if I had any. I sighed. I thought of many things, as I did when I passed this road.
After an hour or so, I finally managed to arrive at the suburb's entrance. I took my keys from my right pocket, them dangling, making noisy clinging noises. I took one out of the five of them, then inserted it into the key hole. I turned, and then I opened the main door. I walked in, making sure to close the door afterwards. I locked the door. Our family was used to lock the door now, as anybody could enter at any moment if we didn't there was a risk that they might enter at the wrong time.
“Hello!” I exclaimed, as I dropped my heavy bag into my room.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 5:09 pm

I heard my father and my mother call out, “Hello,” as an answer. My sister mumbled something, that I thought was a hello. My brother also said something, but it was hard to understand. I rolled my eyes. My brother and sister must've finished early today. I walked into my father's room. “So, G'day?” I asked, peeking in. My father nodded. “Mh'hmm, and what about you?” I nodded.
“Great, as usual,” I answered, “How are the dogs?”
In our family, we treat our brothers and sisters like 'dogs', so that we can go out in the day, in our true forms, without looking suspect. We just have an excuse that we have some sort of exotic dog race. Then, one of us three (my sister, my brother or me) stay in their human form, when the other two are in their normal shape. Then, the human 'walks' he two 'dogs' to the forest up north of the city, where we can all go back in our true forms, without being noticed. Our mother came up with that idea. Who said foxes were actually that smart?
“They're fine,” my father answered, with a smile, “It should be time to take them out.” I smiled back. I turned my head sideways. “Jakalt! It's your turn to walk the dogs!”
Jakalt is my older brother. He stepped out of his room, rolling his eyes. “Fine, fine,” he answered, taking the leashes off of the small table near the entrance. My sister, Serella, hopped out of her room, smiling slightly. Jakalt held the leashes up, and we frowned a little. The only bad thing about being the 'dog' was the leash. “Come on,” Jakalt insisted.
I rolled my eyes, and went into my room. I closed the windows. I took off my clothing. Unlike most morphers in books and such, Kuijin only have the magic to change their physical appearance, not their clothing. So, when you changed, you still had your clothes on. I then started to morph into my soul animal. It always went pretty fast. My chest expanded, while fur appeared on my whole body. My tail lengthened, then stood straight up. A muzzle and snout appeared on my face. My eyes went dark. My ears pointed up. After I felt that the transformation had finished, I pushed the door open again, panting happily, until I remembered that my brother had the collars and leashes. He always enjoyed doing that, for some reason. He pinned me down as I whined. He put the collar around my neck, then attached the leash. My sister came out then, and she also looked disappointed, seeing Jakalt with the collar and leash. He pinned her down too, attaching the collar and leash. She smiled gladly to himself. “Okay, I'll walk the dogs!” he said, waving goodbye to father and mother. I rolled my eyes, and walked over to the door, trying to turn the lock. I couldn't manage, so Jakalt came up to me and did it. I pushed the door open, and jumped out, but Jakalt kept me back from running, by pulling hard on the collar. I whined slightly. Collars hurt when they stop you from breathing. Serella always stood near Jakalt, afraid to also have her collar tightened up a notch. We padded through the path happily, heading for the forest. At this hour, only few kids were outside, and they didn't pay attention to a young man walk his dogs. We passed multiple buildings, some looking more crooked than others. Through a dog's eyes, you could only see black and white. It was pretty annoying, after some time, but you got used to it sooner or later.
The forest wasn't far. Barely ten minutes. Jakalt looked around, checking if no one was around. He then unattached the collars, and let my sister and I run. We ran into each other, and then chased. Little did I know that Jakalt was a fast morpher. He surprised me by pouncing on me. He sneered, and I glared at it, almost biting his muzzle, but he pulled away too quickly. He then bit my tail, and I yelped.
“Cheater!” I barked, in canine language. Jakalt laughed.
“Can't catch me,” he said, in a growling voice.
“Oh yeah?!” I yelled back, beginning to chase him. He jumped over me. Of course, he had more physical training, and he was some good hunk of meat; he was a German shepherd-fox mix. He then pounced on me, pinning me down. He put one paw on my face, bolting it down to the ground. “Looks like I win once again,” he said, laughing in a canine manner. I chuckled.
“It ain't over yet!” I yelled. I turned around on myself, making Jakalt go off of me. As he was trying to stabilize himself again, I leaped onto him, but he fell sideways, and I missed. I landed on Serella. She glared at me.
“Oh, sorry,” I said. She slapped me with one clawed hand. I yelped, and turned away. “Freakin' fox!” I yelled at her. She stuck her tongue out at me as she lifted herself up. Then Jakalt pounced on me while my back was turned. He was heavy, so I fell instantly.
“You lost yet again,” he said, laughing, jumping off of me. I growled at him, then bit his tail while he wasn't expecting it. He yelped, and then snarled at me. We both raised our hackles. We were about to face each other, when a branch snapped behind us, alerting us. We both turned our heads.
“What was that?” I asked.
“Oh, it was nothing,” Serella said.
“Nothing doesn't make noise,” Jakalt said, “Maybe we better get back, before someone notices.” Serella rolled her eyes, and stood up. We faced each other. “What do you want?” she snarled at me.
“Wow, you seem angry,” I said, lifting one canine eyebrow.
“You jumped on me,” she said, growling. I rolled my eyes. Just when she was about to bite me, Jakalt appeared, fully clothed, in his human form, with the leashes and collars. We both whined, but knelt. Jakalt still pinned us down. He enjoyed doing that, that's for sure. He then attached the collars and leashes, and took the leashes in one hand, standing up. We then started trotting back to the suburb, still wondering what that snapping stick meant. I noticed something on the ground, not far from where we were, but I didn't tell Jakalt or Serella. A broken stick lied there, behind a tree.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 5:10 pm

I sniffed the air discreetly. I could recognize the smell, but I couldn't put my finger on who it was. I didn't tell the two others, as it might panic them, and also make even more problems in the family. I just hoped that nothing would go wrong.
We passed the same buildings as before, to get back to the suburbs. I kept a close eye on our surroundings, but it seemed that no one really cared. They weren't the ones. But... Maybe it was just something else? I thought. Maybe just some spontaneous event? No, sticks don't snap for no reason. There was something, but I'm not sure if it's human. I looked out, to see if there were people that I saw earlier that were missing. There were many. But I didn't suspect them. They could be gone for any reason. No one was looking at us weirdly. Good.
After a while, we arrived at our house, and Jakalt opened the door quietly, using his key. He went inside the building, and we followed. He took the collars off of my sister's and my neck. I went to my room and closed the door, as my sister did. Started transforming into my human shape. My chest flattened out slightly, my ears dropped to the side of my head. The fur retracted into my skin. My nails were still like claws, but a little more human. After I thought that the transformation had finished, I put my clothes back on, and then opened the window again. I went out of my room, to join my sister, who had finished her transformation before me, and my brother, who didn't have to transform at all. They talked quietly to each other, about the noise that they had heard.
“Should we tell mother and father?” Serella asked, lifting one eyebrow at Jakalt. He shook his head.
“No, it would just worsen the current problems we have in our family. Let this be a secret between us three, all right?” he answered. I was surprised that he had the same thoughts as me. I nodded, then went back into my room, and closed the door slowly.
I took out my maths book from my bag, then my homework pad. I flipped through the pages of the notebook, then I fell on the day known as 'tomorrow'. I read the homework we had to do. I rolled my eyes, then I started writing down the exercises, and answering them. It took me a long time to do the second exercise, but the rest was easy and it went fast. I clicked my pen once, drawing it in. I put it back into my pencil case. I thought of the classes I had tomorrow, then I prepared my bag with those classes. Two hours of maths, Gym, English, French, then History-Geography. I put every folder I needed in my bag, along with their coherent books. I then looked at the hour. It was 6:00 PM. I smirked, then I took a big book out of my bag. It was a book I had to read for English for next week. The Wind Singer. I found that it was a good book, with a nice plot. I laid down on my bed, then opened the book to the page I previously stopped at, and I began reading. I'm a slow reader compared to my brother and sister, but a fast reader compared to the others in my class. After an hour and a half, where I got to an interesting bit of the story, my mother called out.
“We're eating!” she exclaimed.
I rolled my eyes, then remembered the page I was on. I flipped the book closed, and put it in my bag again. I then opened my door, took a last glance in my room, then went out of it, closing the door quickly. I walked over to the large dinner table, where the plates and silverware were already put. I sat on he first chair I could grab. My sister appeared then, and then Jakalt came inside the dining room. I took a look at the food we were going to eat. Pasta, great. Even though we were mostly carnivores, we could still eat a balanced diet, composed of everything. That was one of the good things of a kuijin. Even though one's soul animal was carnivore, one could still eat vegetables, and then, vice versa, if one's soul animal was herbivore, one could still eat meat. But still less than usual. We mostly ate meat in our family, but that doesn't attract any attention, because we only very rarely invite people to our house. I served myself with food, then I passed the pasta to my sister, who served herself.
“So, how was the walk?” my father asked. At the dining table, one of our parents always began talking about one simple thing, and, later on, make it a gigantic topic, that we should all discuss on. It was one of the things that happened every day, in the evening. I rolled my eyes to that.
“Well, everything went fine, I guess...” I said, casually.
“You guess?” my father asked. My brother glanced at me.
“Yes, I guess, because Jakalt always keeps on pinning us down, even though we can stand still when he puts on the collars and leashes,” I answered, trying to find an excuse. Seems that my father believed me. He smiled at me, glancing at Jakalt, who lifted one eyebrow, and looked away.
“What about you, Serella?” he asked then.
Serella growled at me, glaring into my eyes. I smiled innocently.
“The idiot pounced on me again,” she said, angered.
“I missed Jakalt!” I retorted.
The parents laughed, and I was surprised that Jakalt was doing the same. “Hey,” Jakalt said, turning to me, “You're the one who needs better aim here.” I scowled at him. I then turned my head away, and began to eat. I didn't listen to what the others said, but as soon as I heard the word 'branch' my heart skipped. Thankfully, they weren't talking about that, and they didn't notice me, so I resumed eating quietly, as my sister did when she had nothing to say. Once I had finished eating, I took my plate, put my silverware on it, the turned on my chair to get off of it. I then walked to the kitchen, and I put my plate down on the table. I stood there for a moment, looking at blankness, and thinking of nothing. My sister came in and saw me, but I didn't see anything. She waved her hand in front of my eyes, and I jumped back into consciousness.
“Oh, sorry,” I said, scratching the back of my head. She shook her head.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 5:10 pm

“Don't be,” she answered, “We all get caught in our dreams sooner or later. What were you thinking of?” she asked. I looked at her.
“Nothing, to be honest,” I replied.
“Are you sure?” she asked again, skeptical, and insisting that I answer. I looked back at her, and shook my head.
“I'm sure,” I said, and I started to walk away. I put one hand on the doorknob of my room, then turned it, a slight squeal of metal emanating from the simple contraption's interiors. I opened the door, then closed it behind me. I sat on my bed, staring again into blankness. I lifted my hand to my forehead, and I shook it. I took off my clothes, and got into pajamas. I sat on my bed for a while again, then I looked at the alarm clock in front of my bed. It marked 8:15 PM. I then lied down onto my bed, and put my arms behind my head, and I closed my eyes. It was hard to sleep when you were nocturnal, so I just didn't move, keeping my eyes closed.
After a while, I opened my eyes again, to look o of the window. I saw the moon shining up in the dark sky, with the starts twinkling around it gleefully. I glanced at the alarm clock. 9:30 PM. I got out of bed quietly, and without a sound, closed my windows. I took off my clothes, and then began transforming. Luckily for me, transforming did not make any noise. Soon, my ears pricked up, and my black fur appeared. My tail slid upwards, and my eyes turned black. My nails turned into claws. After my transformation had finished, I pushed my door open with my muzzle. I peered outside, making sure that everybody was at least trying to sleep, or their doors were closed. I went out of my room, using my padded paws to make no sound at all, then I pulled my door closed again, rising on my two legs, grabbing the doorknob, and leaning backwards. I landed on my feet with a small thud. I glanced around, hoping nobody had heard that. I then grabbed the keys in my jaws, and I unlocked the front door using my paws. I went outside, then closed it as quietly as possible. I locked it again, putting the keys in my mouth, then inserting the key into the keyhole, and tilting my head. A small click was heard. I put the keys under the doormat, and then started walking off into the night. As I couldn't sleep at night, I preferred walking alone in the darkness. It calmed me down, and everybody was sleeping at this hour, so they wouldn't know what a dog was doing padding along in the streets. I escaped from the lights made by the lit open windows, hiding in the shadows of the buildings. I also went out at night, because I had a few canine friends that did the same. Being a canine kuijin was also good in a way, because you could speak with real dogs, even though your canine language was distorted because of your kuijin tongue. The animals accepted kuijins in their society. Well, their society, their life, more like it. I saw Max, a golden labrador, pad through thick grasses to come to me. He panted happily.
“Hey,” I said, in canine language, my voice being distorted. Max knew I was a kuijin, but, of course, I trusted him, as dogs could not say that we were kuijins to the humans. And, anyways, most animals were allied with the kuijins.
“G'night, ain't it?” he said, looking up at the moon. I looked up with him.
“Yeah,” I answered. Max turned his head to me again.
“I'm lucky to have you as a friend, Leroy,” Max said. He called me Leroy, because when I presented myself, my voice was such a disaster, that 'Leorn' sounded like 'Leroy'. Then, he learned that I was called Leorn, but he liked Leroy better. He continued, “My owner's being such a pain in the tail, these days.” A 'pain in the tail' for a dog, came basically next to the human 'pain in the arse'.
“Yeah,” I answered, “Some humans are like that.”
“Say what?” he said. He didn't understand me. I couldn't blame him, though. My canine voice was horrible, and I still needed to train to pronounce the ABCs correctly.
“Some humans,” I repeated, slower this time, to articulate every syllable of the sentence, “Are like... That.” Making the 'Th' sound when in canine shape was really hard. It was a 'pain in the tail' as the dogs said it.
He rolled his eyes, understanding. “Yeah, I guess,” he answered, quietly, “But why can't any be nice? Like you, I mean,” he continued. I sighed.
“I'm not human, Max, I'm a kuijin. Different mentality, you see,” I answered, very slowly, to try and pronounce each word correctly, but 'human' sounded like 'men' and 'mentality' sounded like 'mantiltie'. But Max understood, as he was used to my tongue, for some words.
“Mmh,” he answered, looking down. He then glanced back at me, panting, “How's the family?” he asked.
I shifted my head from side to side, rolling my eyes. “So-so,” I replied, “My family's still caught in slight trouble, but father and mother say they have a way to get out of it.”
“Glad to hear it,” Max answered, blinking. He looked behind him. “I better get back,” he said, “Or else my owner's gonna swat me again.”
“Kay, 'night,” I answered. He turned back to me.
“See you tomorrow night, hopefully,” he answered, padding away quietly. I gazed at him while he disappeared in the darkness, and then, when I couldn't see him anymore, I turned around, then I started padding back home, making no sound at all. I arrived at the door, and I saw a recognizable figure at the front door. Serella. But I noticed her too late, and she noticed me. I stepped up to her.
“What are you doing here?” I whispered to her.
“You're not the only one who goes out at night,” she answered, glaring at me. I rolled my eyes.
“Do the parents know about this?” I asked.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 5:11 pm

“No, they don't,” Serella retorted, “So I'm counting on you to slip not any word.” I nodded hesitantly. She lifted the doormat with his paw, showing two pairs of keys.
“C'mon, take yours,” she said, still looking at the keys, hidden by the darkness of the night and the shadow of the slightly lifted doormat. I reached down with my muzzle, and grabbed the keys. I tilted my head with one key in my mouth, as she took her pair of keys, and then I put the key into the keyhole. I turned my head, unlocking the door. She pushed on it with her muzzle, opening it, and quickly entering. She stopped the door from hitting the wall behind with her tail. I entered, and then he pushed the door closed, turning the lock once with her paws. She put the keys gently where they were before, as I did after her. She then walked away to her room, and I walked into mine, then closed the door behind me, as I morphed back into my previous human form. The fur instantly disappeared, and my tail shortened. My claws turned into nails again, and my eyes took their green color once more. My ears slid to the sides of my head. I took my pajamas, and put them on, and leaned on my bed quietly, pulling the covers over my body. I glanced at the alarm clock. 10:20 PM. I smiled to myself, and closed my eyes, hoping to sleep soon. Thankfully, I drifted to sleep after a few minutes.

I opened my eyes again, as I woke up to the sound of 'SkyRock' on my radio. I smacked my lips tiredly, then thudded a fist on the alarm, turning it off. I sighed, turning on my stomach. I pushed myself off the bed, falling on the floor. I cramped my head, standing up. I smeared my hand on my face, stretching it. I pushed the door of my room with my other hand, closing it tightly. I then lifted one eyebrow, and remembered that I needs to pull the door. I took the doorknob of my door, then pulled it open. The door swayed open, smacking gently on the wall behind it. I traipsed to the kitchen, my eyes half-closed.
I stretched my back, as I took a bowl from the shelf, and some milk from the fridge. I yawned, seeing my sister and brother who were already eating. I sat on a chair next to the table, pouring milk into the bowl. I took the bowl slowly, then opened the microwave door. I put one minute and forty seconds, closed the door, then pressed 'start'. A loud humming filled the room, but we were used to it. I looked around, while I took two pieces of bread from a small basket. I threw them onto the table. They slid until the edge of the table, but didn't fall off, luckily. After, a loud 'ding' was heard from the microwave, as it finished heating the milk. I opened the door, then pulled out the bowl. The bowl was hot, and a normal human would've dropped it, but I was used to warmth like that, because of the many times I put to much time to heat up the bowl of milk.
I put it onto the table, sat on the chair I had taken previously, and then smeared butter on my toasts. I nibbled on them, half sleeping. When I finished eating my toast, I tilted the bowl to my mouth, letting the milk pour into it. I gulped down, and finished the portion of milk I had. I put away the bowl in the dishwasher, stretched again, and walked calmly to my room. I opened the door, then glanced at the time. 7:05 AM. I had five minutes to check I had everything.
I looked into my bag, and I had everything. I opened my closet, and threw my gym bag next to my school bag. I then laced my shoes on, heaved the bag on my back, and put my sports bag around one elbow. I walked out of my room, then took the keys on the shelf next to the front door.
“I'm goin',” I said, to myself more than anyone else. Nobody answered. That was normal. I unlocked the door, opened it, went outside, then closed it again, locking the door by turning the lock once with my keys. I looked up at the blue sky. There wasn't a cloud in sight. And, yesterday, they said it was going to rain. Stupid meteorologists. I thought. I then looked at the path that I was going to take to go to school, and I lifted my eyebrows. It was clean and tidy, for once. I started walking quickly to school, passing buildings I did everyday to get there. I paid no attention to the kids around me who didn't ave school today. I saw Max pad off, glancing at me. I did a discreet wave to him, and he barked gladly. Of course, I couldn't tell what he meant, because I could only understand canine language when in canine form. But it must mean something like 'Hello'.
Once I got to school, there weren't many people. The gates weren't even open yet. There were some people I didn't know, and some people from my class. They didn't look at me, and they didn't pay attention to the others, also. That was good. I looked around, trying to find Laurent or Jach. They weren't here. I shouldn't get my hopes up, because they were never here on time, anyways.
After a few minutes, I saw Haylyn and her big brother step from behind the wall. I waved to Haylyn, and she waved back, walking over to me. I smiled.
“Good mornin',” I said, briefly.
“Hey,” sh answered, smiling back at me.
“What classes do you have?” I asked, lifting one eyebrow. She thought a bit, repeating what she had in her mind. She then looked back at me.
“Double french, double maths, then I get out to eat, I come back, just to have Chemistry, and then Technology,” she answered.
“Well, you finish one half hour after me,” I answered, “It's not that bad.” She glared playfully at me, then repeated.
“Technology,” she said.
“With who?” I asked.
“Mrs. Lunatic,” she answered, smiling. I laughed. Mrs. Lunatic is a nickname the ninth graders gave to Mrs. Moonateek.
“Ah, I understand now,” I answered, smiling. I looked sideways, and I saw the gates open. I tilted my head sideways, and she looked the same way as I did, and she nodded.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 5:11 pm

We both went inside, and then heaved our bags on the wall where we normally went, to wait for the others of the group, such as Katherin.
Haylyn had brown hair, that stopped near the middle of her shoulder blades. She had green eyes, but of a more gentle color than mine. Her body was slim, but muscled. Her ears were hidden most of the day, or at least when she doesn't get angry at her hair, and then pulls the hair behind her ears so that it doesn't block her vision. I remembered when before I had to do that, but I cut the strips of hair off. She always says that she will cut the strips of hair off also, but she never does it. That's actually good, because I like it that way. Haylyn is also slightly unsociable. It is hard for her to make friends with people who don't give a good first impression the first time she meets someone. Kind of like me.
After a while, we could see more people from the group appear. Katherin appeared first, then Laurent. Jach was behind Laurent. He seemed as if he was looking for something. I hopped off the wall, walking over to Jach. I put a hand on his shoulder, and he jumped. He looked at me in a very awkward way
“Hey,” I said, smiling. He smiled back at me. I felt slightly uneasy, because Jach rarely smiles at people he knows.
“Hey there,” he answered. And he especially never said that.
“You seem bizarre this morning,” I said, lifting one eyebrow.
“Do I?” he asked. He put a hand to his hair. “Is it my haircut? Maybe I slept incorrectly.” Now I knew there was something wrong. Jach never took care of his hair. His mother did everything for him. I gave him a skeptical look. He lifted one eyebrow at me. “What?” he said. I squinted at him.
“Nothing,” I answered. He shrugged, and went back to Laurent, and then they began talking. I breathed calmly through my nose, and that's when it struck me. That smell... Was the same I had sniffed back in the forest. I opened my eyes wide at Jach, who didn't notice. Oh Christ, I thought. Jach saw me in my canine form. Or more like my brother. This is going to attract problems. I sniffed again once, just to make sure. I felt comforted, as I analyzed the smell. No, that's not Jach. That smell is the one of a bird. It must've been a bird that snapped the branch, and then it flew away, and that's why we couldn't see it. I thought a moment. But why does Jach smell like a bird? I tried rummaging through my thoughts. Then I found it. Oh yeah, I forgot that Jach's father is a bird trainer. He must've brought some birds, and the smell must've gone onto Jach. Silly me. Nothing to worry about.
I turned around, and walked to Haylyn and Katherin. Just as I was going to say something, the bell rang. A loud groan came from Haylyn's mouth.
“Aaagh, double french,” she said, looking up at the sky. I looked back at her, lifting one eyebrow.
“Gah, double maths,” I answered, half closing my eyes. She laughed, and I rolled my eyes. I heaved both of my bags on my back, then I started walking up the stairs o my math class.
When I arrived at the door, the class didn't begin yet. I waited in front of the door, looking at my watch. Then, the class appeared from the secondary stair door. Laurent ran out, and Jach followed. Then, the other students came out. The teacher was the last one, and so she closed the door. She took out her keys, ad opened the door to maths class. I walked into it, then threw my bag to my table. I sat on my chair, and I took out my maths book and I opened it to the page where I did my exercises for today. Well, Hell begins now. I thought.
The whole day, I felt tired, especially at noon. I barely ate, my eyes half-closed. Jach and Laurent sat at my table, but were not surprised by my tiredness. They called it 'being a teenager'.
“Your internal clock becomes all wacky,” Laurent said, pointing at me with his fork. I felt slightly uneasy, but the small slab of what they called 'meat' on the end of his fork. He shoved it into his mouth, and gulped it down.
“Shouldn't you two guys be skateboarding right now?” I asked, without looking up.
“Nah,” Laurent said, “The others didn't bring their boards. It's not fun to skate alone,” he said. Jach didn't say anything, but I noticed that he was almost always looking at me, throughout the whole day, and that made me feel uncomfortable. In the middle of eating, I looked up at him.
“Will you stop staring at me like that?!” I said. Jach widened his eyes, and looked at his food, that he didn't touch yet. I glared at him, and I noticed that through his dropping hair, he was looking at me again. I rolled my eyes, finished eating, then went to clean the tray. I came back, to take both of my bags.
The rest of the school day passed quickly. I didn't see Jach for the two hours o English because he takes a different English class. But, then, in French and in History-Geography, I always felt observed by him. I glared at him, and then the history-geography bell rang. I took my stuff, put it inside my bag, took my gym bag, then went to the gates as fast as possible, not talking to Laurent and Jach as I used to. To take my identity book out, I put my gym bag down on the chairs. I rummaged through my bag, and took out my identity book, and showed it to the pawn. She nodded, and I put my identity book back in my bag. I heaved my bag onto my bag, then I went outside. I fastened my pace, as I saw Jach near the gates, also. I kept looking backwards, to see if Jach was following me. I was feeling really uncomfortable. But he didn't follow me, even though he lived just next to my house. He was lazy, so he took the public transport to get to his house, while I walked. That calmed me down. Jach did seem bizarre today. I began asking questions to myself if I'm really sure that Jach didn't seem my kuijin shape. That smell that I got back at the forest seemed so familiar to the one that I smelled on Jach, and my canine senses don't let me down that easily.
As I asked myself multiple questions, I didn't see the time pass. I appeared at my house, and even earlier than before. I checked my watch. 6:00 PM. Haylyn had already finished. I looked around, and took my keys.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

Then something struck me. I felt lighter than before. I looked on my back, then my eyes widened.
I didn't have my sports bag. I slapped myself with an open palm, and hoped my parents wouldn't notice. I carefully opened the door. It creaked as I opened it, and then I closed it, locking it again. The house seemed silent for a while. I looked around, and saw no one. “Hello?” I said, hesitant.
My father jumped on me in his canine form, pinning me down. “Hello!” he said. I opened my eyes wide. I didn't really understand what happened. I smiled at him, then carefully pushed him off. Mother then appeared at the side of the door, in her human shape. I lifted one eyebrow. She understood my perplexity.
“Your father got a new better job,” she said, calmly, “It'll fix all of our money problems.”
I smiled, and looked at my father. “Really?!” I said. He nodded, happily panting. “Great!” I exclaimed, and I hugged him tight. He tried to hug me back with his arms, but it was hard for him, as I was squeezing so tightly.
“We'll be able to move,” my mother said, smiling.
I didn't like that sentence. “Move?” I repeated, “Where?”
“To another country,” she said. My smile turned into a sad face. I looked up at her. “But I like it here! I mean, I ave tons of friends, and all!” My mother lifted one eyebrow, and approached me. She put one hand on my forehead.
“Leorn,” she began. When she was serious, she always began her sentence with my name. She continued, “You know that we are a kuijin family, hiding from the humans. You need to learn not to attach yourself too greatly to the people you know. To hide, we need to keep on moving.”
“But-,” I said.
“No, Leorn. Your father and I have made our decision. We are moving,” she answered, strictly.
“When?” I asked.
“In two days,” she replied, with a smile. I looked at the ground. Only two days, to see my friends. My hug fell, and I walked sadly to my room, and I closed the door. I heard my parents saying something to each other, but I took no notice. I sat on my bed, staring into nothingness again, as my parents talked. I only heard murmurs from where I was in the room. After a while, I heard the door open, and my brother and sister came in, with a joyful 'Hello!'. I then heard the conversation begin between the rest of the family. It seemed that Serella and Jakalt were very happy about moving. I then heard my name, and then all of a sudden, the happiness was gone. I heard footsteps out of my room, and then I heard a few knocks on my door.
“Come in,” I said, sadly.
Serella and Jakalt came in, looking down at me. Serella sat by my side.
“So,” Jakalt said, looking at the ground, “You're not too happy about moving, are you?”
I shook my head slowly. “No,” I muttered.
“Leorn,” Serella began, “You need to learn to continue with your life. You can't just stay with your past.”
“But they're my only friends!” I retorted.
“You'll find new ones,” Jakalt said.
“That's easy to say,” I replied, glaring up at him, “At least you've got a reputation.” Jakalt rolled his eyes. We all stood silent for a long while, where each moment seemed like a long time to wait. Serella then turned her head to me. “Guess where we're moving,” she said.
“I don't know, and I don't care,” I answered, angered.
“Spain,” she answered.
I lit up, and looked at her. “Spain?!” I repeated.
“Our first residential area,” Jakalt completed, “See, it ain't all that bad.”
I still thought. “But... It won't be the same,” I answered.
“Of course it wont,” Serella replied, “Everything changes, and so shall you.”
Just after Serella spoke those words, a loud bang pierced the before quiet atmosphere. Another loud bang echoed through the house, as the door slammed against the ground. Jakalt, Serella and I immediately got alerted, but we didn't open the door, as we heard other words.
“Police!” A man yelled, “Nobody move! Hands up!”
There was a scream, from my mother. Men stomped inside the house. Their heavy bodies made the stomping even louder. There was a faint click as the police aimed their guns. “Get them!” one yelled. There were more footsteps, and then my mother yelled out.
“Let me go!” she yelled. My father was probably speechless, as I couldn't hear him. Then everything started to move. Loud thudding noises shattered the atmosphere, as there was a fight. Then silence again. “Hey,” one man said, “There are three kids here somewhere! Get them!”
Jakalt, Serella and I looked at each other desperately. I dashed for the window, breaking it open. We all jumped out of the window, transforming into our kuijin shapes as quickly as possible. I heard the door of my room being slammed in. “The window!” One of the policemen yelled. We finished our transformation.
“Scatter!” Jakalt barked. Serella and I nodded. We all ran away, as fast as we could, in completely different directions. I went to the north forest. Jakalt went to the south, when Serella went more to the west. I ran as fast as I could. I turned my head, as there was a building I recognized. Max's house. He looked at me through the bars of the garden.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 5:12 pm

He stared wide-eyed at me, but I kept on running. My stomach got caught into a knot. My muscles burned to tell me to stop running, but I didn't obey. I was terrorized. They had found us. The humans had found us. It seemed that I had been running for an eternity, but it was barely three minutes. I kept on running, until I met the forest. A wave of comfort overwhelmed into my body as I began jumping through the holes in the trees, passed them, over roots, but I kept on moving, fueled by fear. I panted excessively, trying to cool myself down. Adrenaline rushed into my mind, and then I turned sideways. I heard a stick snap behind me, which only told me to go faster, and farther. I kept on running. I looked backwards, making sure nobody was following me. My clothing flapped in the wind as I dashed through the leaves, nearly flying over the ground. I turned my head back to look in front, but I did it too late. My foot got caught in a root, and I tripped. I smashed my head first into a tree. The second after, my mind plunged into darkness.
I woke up only a half hour after. I glanced frantically around me, the fear still present in my chest. I put myself to my feet, but I didn't move, as I saw no policemen, and my head ached by the impact. I closed my eyes in pain. I turned around in circles, whining. I opened them again, only to see a pair of shoes. I looked up, and saw a figure that I recognized quickly. Haylyn. With my sports bag. I yelped, and I stepped backwards to run. She was following me, to send me to the police again. She caught my paw, and pulled me towards her. I whined. She crouched near me, putting one leg on mine so that I wouldn't escape.
“Leorn,” she said. I was astonished that she knew it was me. That means she had to know it all along. I looked at my sports bag again. Or else... She was brining the bag back to me, and she saw me transform back into my normal shape. Eep... She stared at me straight in the eyes. “Explain everything to me,” she continued. I put my paw on her leg, trying to push it away. I couldn't say anything to her. I yelped again, and I tried to bite her leg. She took me by the muzzle, and closed it shut with her two hands. Haylyn owned two dogs, so she knew how to talk to them. She then bolted my head down to the ground. I whined again. “ If you don't tell me right now, I'm afraid I'll have to give you to the policemen back there,” she said, glaring at me. I opened my eyes wide. No, not the police... I don't want to die! I tried to take off her hand with my paws, and she did so. I started transforming back into a human. The fur retracted into my skin, my tail shortened. My ears slid back to the side of my head, and my eyes gained their green color again. My claws turned into nails. Haylyn was scared by this transformation, and jumped off of me as I wanted. I took one step back, not able to speak. She then glared at me, and as I turned my back on her, she grabbed me by the neck, and pinned me down. Haylyn knew how to fiht, and I did too, but she had better level. “Explain to me!” She insisted.
“Okay, I will, just get off of me, damn it!” I yelled back at her. She slid off of me, and I sat up straight on the ground. I took one deep breath. It was either admit everything or get killed. I preferred admitting. “I guess I have to tell you everything, don't I?” I asked. Haylyn nodded. I looked at the ground. “I'm not human,” I answered.
She put a hand up to my chin, and lifted my head. “I think I noticed that, Leorn,” she replied, “What else?”
I gulped, and looked at her straight in the eyes. “I'm a kuijin,” I answered firmly. She lifted one eyebrow.
“A kuijin?” she repeated.
“A kuijin,” I said, “Is an entitty that can morph into different shapes.”
“A shapeshifter,” Haylyn added.
“Right,” I agreed, “Except, their main form is an animal, such as, mine, is a coyote, that you noticed not long ago.”
“And why do you have a human form?” she asked.
“To hide myself from the other humans,” I explained, “Long ago, before history was written, the kuijins and humans lived together. The humans hunted the kuijins, and then they separated. The kuijins could not live by themselves, so they developed a way to blend inside human society. Now, the secret of kuijins has disappeared from the minds of normal humans, because our plan worked: we managed to hide away from the humans, when we were just next to them. Only, some humans kept this memory, and know about the existence of kuijins.”
Haylyn blinked multiple times, and her hand dropped on the ground. She looked at the ground, seemingly thinking. She turned back to me. “Serious?” she said.
I nodded. “I don't know why I would lie to you right now,” I answered.
“To save your identity,” she replied.
“You would've noticed if I lied,” I retorted. She looked at me. “And how dis the humans discover you were here?” she asked.
I gulped, and looked at the ground. “I don't know,” I muttered.
The sound of footsteps was heard not so far away. I jumped, my heart skipping one beat. Haylyn brought me back down, and put me behind a tree. Policemen came near, and they looked around. They noticed Haylyn. “Did you see a young boy or a coyote run here?” one of the men asked. Haylyn pointed east. “I saw a coyote run that way,” she lied. The men turned back there. “C'mon, guys, let's get him!” one yelled, and then they ran in that direction. I gave a sigh of relief, as the men went away. I scooted away from my hiding place, concealing my tail, and I stood up.
“Why did you do that?” I asked.
“I'm helping you get out of here,” she replied, still looking at the direction where the men ran away.
“Oh no you aren't,” I retorted, “You'll only get into trouble by yourself. This is my problem, only mine.” She turned angrily at me.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 5:12 pm

“And so your wish is to get killed by those men? Mine's not!” she retorted. I approached her, putting one hand on her shoulder.
“Look, Haylyn,” I said, looking at the ground, “I appreciate your will to help me in my current situation, but I do not want you to get involved in my problems. It might just get you killed too.”
“Like it or not,” Haylyn insisted, “I'm helping you, period.”
“No,” I continued, “You aren't. End of discussion.” I started transforming back into my main shape. My ears pointed upwards, and my fur shot out of my arms as I knelt down to adopt a canine-like stance. My tail lengthened, and my claws appeared. My eyes went black. I turned away, preparing to run again, further away. But Haylyn grabbed my body, and locked her arms around me.
“You aren't going anywhere,” she said, calmly. It's true, I didn't know where to start, where to go. The only way I could get out of this sticky situation, was to trust Haylyn.
“Fine,” I muttered. She took her arms off my body. I continued, “You sure you want to follow a person who's race is your species' worst enemy?” I asked.
“You're not my enemy,” Haylyn said, after a while, “Even though I cannot trust you fully.”
“Can't blame you,” I answered, not looking at her, “But I couldn't speak about it.” I thought about something. “What about school?” I asked, looking up at her.
“What did you say?” she asked.
I rolled my eyes. I forgot that when I was a canine, my voice was crazily distorted. I returned to my previous form. The fur retracted into my skin, while my fangs shortened, and my eyes went back to their normal color. My claws shortened into sturdy nails.
“I said,” I began, “What about school?”
“I have other things to worry than school,” she answered.
“At least I have an excuse,” I replied, looking at her.
“Oh? Which one?” She asked. I turned my head down. The trees rustled as a breeze went through them.
“My family and I were moving to Spain, in two days,” I said, sadly. Haylyn lowered her head, and stood silent.
“Maybe you could use your coyote form, to call your family,” Haylyn said, looking at me.
“You mean my main form,” I corrected, “No, that would be idiotic in the first place. The humans could track us down, and we would both get killed, as you can't run as fast as me. And, anyways, my sister and brother must be far away already.”
“What about your parents?” Haylyn asked, slightly hesitant. My face darkened, and I lowered my head.
“They're probably already dead,” I muttered. She lowered her head, also.
“Sorry,” she murmured.
I stood silent. I turned away. “We better get a move,” I mumbled, trying to change the subject. The thought of my parents dead was the last thought I anted in life. I am pretty independent by myself, but losing my family was just too much. I tried to retain the tears from dropping from my eyes. Haylyn nodded slowly, and then approached me, as I walked further up north. I checked my watch. What had seemed to be eternity was a long time, still. 7:10 PM. I felt awake at this time, but I wasn't exactly sure for Haylyn. A cold breeze passed us, and Haylyn shivered. I did it too, but I tried to hide it.
We walked for what seemed to be a long time. The moon rose up above our heads, when we stopped. The forest still didn't end. We stopped at a great stone in a hillside, where no trees grew. I stepped to the edge of this stone, knowing that there was at least ten meters of nothingness below me. I sat on the edge, letting my legs dangle over the edge. Haylyn caught up with me, still shivering, her arms coiled up around her body. I looked down at the city, noticing exactly where I lived. It was easy to spot, as there were lots of red and blue lights everywhere near that area, and we could still hear the faint sound of the sirens blaring in the darkness. Haylyn stepped next to me, and sat down at my side. She turned to me.
“Could you go back into your main form, please?” she asked. I lifted one eyebrow at her.
“What for?” I asked.
“Just do it,” she insisted. I rolled my eyes, and began transforming. My ears pointed up, my chest buffed. Claws formed out of my nails, as my eyes went dark again. My tail bushed up, and I stood up on my four paws. I turned in circles, before slumping on the cold, gray stone. I looked up at her.
“Like this?” I asked. She knelt beside me, then curled up into a ball, and leaned her head on my stomach.
“Just what I needed,” she said, “A warm canine belly to rest on.” She shifted, to make herself more comfortable. Being in this position made me slightly uneasy. If I could've blushed, I would've done it, but, you can't when fur is present on your face. I looked down at her, when she closed her eyes. Suddenly, just by looking at her, I felt sleepy myself. Haylyn's brown hair covered my belly, and I was just large enough so that I could form a half-circle around Haylyn's curled up body. I blinked multiple times, and rested my head on my paws, looking at the city, the faraway sirens keeping me awake. I hope that Serella and Jaktal are all right... I closed my eyes. I was tired, after all these events. This wasn't going to end well, and I know it. I don't know what to do, I've never been taught what to do. I then closed my eyes tightly, hoping that tomorrow would be an exit out of this nightmare.
A blade of grass tickled my eyelid, and I opened my eyes. My right ear twitched two times, and I got up. I yawned, and stretched my limbs. I nibbled my fur, to take out things that got caught in it during the night.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

I looked around, then a surge of fear rose into my body. Where's Haylyn?! I turned in circles, scared of the things that might of happened to her. I barked, hoping to get to her, if she was near. No answer. I whined. And put my head in my paws. Oh no...
Then, a branch snapped behind me. I quickly turned my head, to see that Haylyn was behind me. She looked sad.
“I'm sorry,” she said, lowering her head, “I couldn't get any food for today.”
I padded over to her, and pounced on her. She fell backwards. I was so relieved that she didn't disappear. I panted happily, and she stared at me wide-eyed. I transformed back into my human form. My ears shifted to the sides of my head, and my tail shortened. I stood up, just as my fur disappeared into my skin, and that my eyes turned back to their green.
“Don't be sorry,” I said, standing up, lending out one hand to help her up, “I was scared that you went away.”
I looked down at Haylyn, and she looked scared. She was staring at me all bug-eyed. “What's the problem?” I asked. She gave a sigh of relief, and she put her hand to her heart.
“It's not everyday you get jumped on by a coyote,” she answered, looking up at me.
“Oh yeah,” I answered, looking at the ground, “Sorry 'bout that.”
Haylyn smiled at me, and grabbed my hand, pulling herself up. As I wasn't prepared, she pulled me down onto her.
“Eh?!” I said, falling down. Then, there was a loud thud. We opened her eyes again, noticing that I was on top of her. I opened my eyes wide, and I blushed. She did the same. “Aheheh... Sorry,” I said. I looked back at her, then she looked angered. She pushed me off of her, then stood up by herself, patting her shirt to take off the dust and the other things. I caught myself on my hands, and I stood up. She looked back at me, with her eyes half-closed. I looked at the ground, embarrassed. She laughed.
“I guess I'll get used to it sooner or later,” she answered. I looked up at her.
“Used to what?” I asked, doubting something bad as an answer.
“Getting jumped on by coyotes,” she answered, smiling. I rolled my eyes, half smiling. I then looked back at her.
“It's hard to get food without any tools,” I said. She rolled her eyes.
“So I've noticed,” she replied, looking at the ground.
“That's why we need to get back into that city,” I answered. I felt an imminent reproach.
“What?!” Haylyn said, looking up at me, “Are you crazy?!”
“No, I'm not,” I retorted, “Anyways, you won't be able to stand eating raw meat for the rest of your life.”
“No, I'm talking about you,” she answered, “You can't get back in there.”
“That's kinda funny,” I answered, “Because, even though you insist that I should keep hiding in this forest, nothing is going to change my mind to not go back to the city.”
“But-,” she replied.
“Haylyn,” I said, staring at her sternly in the eyes, trying to act like my mother did when she was serious, “We are going to get back into that city.”
“You aren't,” she retorted.
“I am,” I replied, “I have the money to buy food, and I know my father's bank card number.”
“Okay, but,” Haylyn continued, “Since you have a house in the suburbs, you must be poor, no? You won't be able to buy food for us two, not even for a few months.”
I smiled at that. “My family got into a suburb because we needed more privacy, because we are kuijins. My family is richer than you think. And we'll be able to last quite a while, with only two mouthes to feed,” I answered. Haylyn stood silent. Her head then turned to her side. She was thinking again. She took one step, turned around, then took another step. She continued stepping in circles, her head lowered, then she turned to me. “Fine,” she said, briefly. I smiled.
“Good,” I answered. I turned back to the city. “We'll need to get into my house to get my money and my father's bank card,” I said.
“Won't the police be there?” Haylyn asked.
“Nah, only tape will be blocking the passages,” I answered, with a smile. We started walking back to the city, taking the same passage as we did before. The trees swayed with the wind, as we went down the path. It was easy to get back to the city, because it was directly south. I checked my watch. 6:40 AM. It will take about three quarter hours to get there. I looked ahead, and started walking, Haylyn following, not so far behind. The forest wasn't as cold as yesterday, because it was day and not night. It was actually kind of hot, under the trees, that day. We walked until we met the city borders, where I recognized the buildings. I peered past a tree. The police weren't visible. I nodded to Haylyn, and we both went into the city. The neighborhood was quite, and it was still morning. We must've been doing some noise, because Max woke up, and started barking at me to say hi. I glanced at him, and put my hands above my head, and lowered them. I hoped he understood my message. He seemed to, because he stopped. Good, nobody's attention was caught. I gave out a sigh of relief, and we continued walking. We turned at a corner that lead to my house, but as soon as I saw the police standing by the entrance, I quickly stepped back, slightly bumping into Haylyn. I had noticed some yellow tape all over the entrance.
“Only tape, huh?” Haylyn whispered.
“Only at the entrance,” I muttered, “Only tape to the windows.” I quickly took one step, and then quickly ran to the next building, where I took a turn, to go to the back of my house. Haylyn followed behind me, not far away. I saw the window to my brother's room. There was only tape. “Just as I thought,” I murmured to myself.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 5:13 pm

I quickly stepped to the window, and then I really saw how high it was. I frowned, and made a hand sign to Haylyn to come.
“I'll need your help,” I said, quickly, turning to the window, “Gimme a ladder here, will ya?”
Haylyn nodded, and sat against the wall, putting her hands in a cup. I put my foot in her hands, and she quickly pushed me upwards. I pushed myself off, and then I grabbed the ledge of the window. ahem.... With great effort, I managed to heave myself up, past the tape. Of course, Jakalt's window was closed. I tried using a technique that people used on bigger glass platforms. Put the same pressure everywhere on the plate, then push. You should be able to take the plate without braking it. I put my two hands o one of the bigger plates of glass, then pushed. When I heard a click, I recognized my error. I had forgotten that Jakalt's window opens by the top part, and I was pushing on the bottom part. The window broke open, and I saw myself falling into nothingness, with nothing to grab. I fell, and I tried to get my feet under me. I landed on the ground, with a big thud, but using my hands to make the fall easier. Haylyn must be freaking out by now. I heard a whisper from outside.
“They heard that! The police are coming in! Get out of there!” she whispered, loudly enough so that I could hear her.
“No!” I murmured back. Anyways, if I wasted too much time, they would then get suspicious, and put more guards, even on the windows. I continued by standing up, hoping I didn't break anything. Not surprisingly, I heard the footsteps come up the stairs. I hid in the box that Jakalt used for his random school stuff. I closed it just as the door opened. I heard some footsteps around me. I would be lucky if they didn't notice the wide open window. “Hey!” a man said. Okay, so they noticed it. “That windows open!” Then there was a scuttle. Durr hurr hurr, I repeated in my mind. “There's someone that came in here,” another man said, “Find him, and get him to me.” The footsteps went out of the room. I raised the box lid for one second, then I noticed that there was still a policeman inside, so I closed it immediately.
“Guys, I'll stay here, to guard the window!” he yelled out. Great, just my luck, I thought. I opened the lid again, and then I saw that his back was turned to me. I opened it as quietly as I could. I then stepped out of the box. The man started whistling, still looking at the window. I quickly jumped on him. He wanted to yell for alert, but I cupped my hands over his mouth, and I gave one clean strike to his neck. He was about to fall on the ground heavily, when I caught him. I put him in Jakalt's closet. Before I closed the door, I heard his radio.
Officer 1830! Seen anything yet? I gulped. I took his radio, pressed on the button that I thought was used to speak inside, then I coughed twice.
“All clear,” I answered, in a low tone. Then the communication broke. I took the radio, so that I would know what the police were up to inside the house. Good idea, I thought. I tried drawing a map of my house, so that I would know where to go to get my money, and my father's bank card. I would have to go down the stairs, then go right to my father's room. Then, I would have to get out, go really near the entrance, and get to my room. Then I could hop out the window again. Good.
I approached Jakalt's room entrance, and I put one ear on it, to see if there was no one outside. I opened it as quietly as possible, then I peeked out. All clear, I thought. I quietly stepped to the stairs, which were, luckily for me, close to Jakalt's room. I heard the door to my sister's room open. I quickly jumped to the stairs, and hid behind the wall. Then I heard the door close, and the footsteps of a heavy man getting closer. Oh Christ. I quickly descended the stairs, making a little noise, then I hid behind the wall of the stairs. The footsteps stopped, then began coming down the stairs. I looked to my right, and I saw that my father's room was there. I opened the door quickly, and I entered, closing the door after. I looked around the room. One bed, a metal poll over the door for my dad to do pull-ups, a desk with tons of papers, then a closet. Also, my father's leather jacket, lying on the chair. I took it, and rummaged through the pockets. I felt comforted as I felt a familiar shape. His wallet. I took it out, opened it, and quickly took out the credit and ban card. I shoved them into my pocket. I heard the footsteps outside the door. They stopped. As quickly and as quietly as I could, I took the envelope opener lying on my father's desk, making sure the blade was long enough. I jumped on the bed, and then jumped on the metal pole. I curled my legs around the metal pole, and pulled myself up, so that I would be attached to the wall just above the door. The doorknob shook, then the door opened. A heavy man came inside the room, pointing his gun. He entered the room. He looked around. Now! I thought.
I dropped down, and quickly slid the blade of the envelope opener under the man's neck. I then pulled myself up again, strangling the man, pressing on a pressure point right above the neck of the man, on the lower jaw. He struggled for a bit, then stopped, and stood unmoving. Knock out, one point for me. I then jumped down from the metal pole, and landed on the unconscious man without a sound. I looked around, and closed the door. I grabbed the man's gun, and slid it in the back of my trousers, and pulling my shirt over it. I kept the envelope opener in my pocket. I took the man's radio, and I listened.
Go down the st -ccrrrck- and go to the -crck- ts room. I thought I heard something down there.
You didn't need to be Einstein to know what they were talking about. The police were going down the stairs, to the parents' room. I thought quickly, and then I smirked. I took the key that locked my parents' room. I jumped on the bed, and curled my legs around the metal bar again, lifting myself again. I heard footsteps go down the stairs. They went outside the door. The doorknob rotated, and the door opened. One man gasped as he saw the other heavy man lying on the ground. Three men entered the room quickly, pointing their guns in various directions. One spotted me, and I waved at him happily. He pointed his gun at me. I quickly swayed outside of the room, front flipping out of it, dodging the shots. I quickly slammed the door shut, inserted the key into the lock, and then broke it inside. The men tried to struggle with the doorknob, but nothing did.
This only buys me little time, though. Anyone would just shoot the damn knob to bits, then open the door.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 5:13 pm

And, just as I thought, I heard gunshots in the room. I quickly paced to my room. I heard their conversation over the radio.
He locked us in the room!
-Who?-
The little brat! Get down here!
I opened the door to my room, and then closed it shut. I heard the police going down the stairs, and the door to my parents' room getting slammed down onto the ground. I quickly opened my drawer, and then took my money. 150 euros, ought to be enough. Then there was silence. I knew they were just outside my room. They were preparing. One was looking out of the keyhole. I sneered, and I took my pen. I ripped a bit of paper, and I wrote something down on it, and I put it near the window. I went to the wall, at the side of my door, where the man couldn't see through the keyhole. I chuckled to myself. I stuck my pen into the keyhole. And, as thought, the man was yelling out, “My eye! My eye! He stabbed my eye!” a few moments later. I quickly jumped out the window, ripping through the tape, and I began running away. I heard my door being slammed down once more. They entered in, and then there was silence. Then, one man started walking. Even though I was far away from my house, I could still hear the yell of the man.
“Aaaaagh! That pest!” he yelled. I smirked.

You didn't get me today, bastards
Try again another day
signed, Taltesier

I saw Haylyn a little further west from my house. She was relieved to see me.
“Why didn't you get out of there?” she said, almost angry.
“Couldn't get back from wh-,” I began. She put her arms around me, and hugged me tightly. She put her head against my chest.
“I was so worried, you little bastard!” she said, slightly smiling. I opened my eyes wide. I didn't really know what to say in this kind of situation. I looked sideways, slightly embarrassed. I then put my hand on her shoulder, and pushed her away. I smiled at her.
“Don't worry, every thing's fine. I'm here, and I'm not hurt,” I answered.
“You're dead lucky you aren't!” she retorted, “If you were, I would've killed you myself!” I laughed, and she glared at me.
“Riigght,” I answered. I looked back at her. “Anyways, I got a few things that could help us.” I took out the gun from the back of my trousers, and I also took out the envelope opener from my pocket. I also grabbed the radio, and I threw it on the ground. No use, I thought. Haylyn grabbed the gun. She looked at it from every angle. “Nice,” she replied. She checked the magazine. “Fully loaded, too,” she added. She looked up at me, smiling, “Good job.”
“And, of course,” I added, wanting to boast, “I got my money and my father's credit and bank card!” I reached down into my pocket, taking out two cards, and a pack of money, tightly wrapped in a rubber band. Haylyn smiled at me, but then turned away.
“So, how are we going to use this money?” she asked.
“Well,” I replied, scratching the back of my head, “We first need to buy a flat or something, to be able to live in.”
“Without identity?” Haylyn said, looking back at me.
I stood silent. “Damn,” I said, finally, “Maybe I should've taken my identity card with me...” I turned to Haylyn, and then I felt relaxed. “Unless I forgot it in my sports bag again.”
Haylyn lifted her eyebrows. She didn't really know why she had kept the sports bag, but she dropped it to the ground, and opened it. She took out a pair of shoes, then a dirty shirt. She then took out a small wallet. She handed it over to me as she put the stuff back into the bag.
“Good,” I said, opening my wallet, and taking out the identity card, “For once, I'll thank myself to have forgotten something.” I took my sports bag, and I took everything out again, while Haylyn rolled her eyes, because she had just put everything back inside. I put the gun and envelope opener inside my shirts, hiding them. In the pockets of the sports bag, I put my money, and my father's credit card and his bank card. Then, I put the enveloped weapons and shoes inside the bag, closed it, along with the pocket I used to put the money and cards.
“Do you know your father's credit card number?” Haylyn asked.
“That's why I took it,” I answered, feeling proud of myself. Haylyn smirked at me.
“Care to tell me how you did it?” she asked. I lifted my eyebrows.
“In the most honest way possible,” I lied.
“Right,” she answered, skeptical, “Care to tell me the truth?” I rolled my eyes.
“I looked at what my father typed as a code when he used the cards,” I answered. When I saw Haylyn looking at me distrustfully, I raise my hands, saying, “What? It's not my fault if my father doesn't hide what he types!” Haylyn rolled her eyes.
“Don't worry, it's ok,” she answered, “We all committed small crimes once or twice in our life.”
Like I just did with the cops, I thought, smiling to myself. “Right,” I answered.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

Haylyn looked down the hill, not knowing what to say. I looked at her. “You were really that worried about me?” I asked. She turned her head to me, her green eyes locking on mine.
“Of course I was that worried about you, after I heard those gunshots!” she answered, putting one hand on her hip. I lifted one eyebrow.
“I dunno, if I did ever die in there,” I began, “Y'know, you could just... Go back to your house, and live like if nothing happened.”
Haylyn stood silent for a moment. “Leorn,” she said, “You're a great friend, and I don't let people down like that.”
“Hm,” I answered quickly, looking down at the ground, “Thanks.”
Haylyn stood silent again, also looking at the ground. She crossed her arms, then lifted her head to glance at me, then look down the hill. “But, even with identity, how are we going to get that flat?” she asked.
“What do you mean?” I answered.
“You need to be at least 16 to live alone, no?” she replied, turning her head to look at the ground.
“Erm...” I began. I hadn't thought about that. “Damn,” I ended.
“We'll need to get your sister's or your brother's identity card,” she said.
“We can't,” I answered, “They took it with them, when they ran away. And they must be out of this area by now.”
Haylyn looked at the radio. She picked it up, and then inspected it.
“What are you doing?” I asked.
“This might be useful,” Haylyn replied, “If ever the police find your brother and sister, we'll be able to know it through this.”
“But,” I answered, “Won't they be able to track us with that?” I asked.
Haylyn put her hand to the back of the radio, then gripped on something. She pulled hard on it, then it ripped off. She showed me the piece. “Only with this,” she answered. She threw the piece away, and put the radio in the bag. I smiled at her, then turned to the city again. I always wondered if I was the only kuijin in this city, and, many times, I've thought that I wasn't. But now that I really think of it, I'm actually quite sure that I'm the only one. I frowned slightly, lost in my thoughts. Haylyn waved a hand in front of my eyes, which made me jump back into consciousness.
“Sorry,” I muttered quietly.
“S'ok,” she answered quickly, smiling at me, “We all get lost in our thoughts sooner or later.”
I blinked multiple times, looking at the ground. If the police did find my brother and sister, and if they were lucky, where could I find them? Maybe, if they had the mind to take a radio with them just as I did, we could talk over it. No. Then the police would know, and we would all get caught. I frowned once again. No, I'm alone in this part of my life. I need to get thinking by myself, and learn to survive. I looked back at Haylyn.
“Seems like the flat won't be for soon,” I said. She looked at the ground, absent-minded.
“Where will we go?” she asked.
I sighed, rolling my eyes. I know I didn't want to answer like this, but this was for her own protection.
“You,” I began, “Shall go to your house. You ain't sleeping outside with me.”
“Leorn,” she replied, “I would feel uncomfortable, knowing that there is a friend of mine resting in the cold night, while I'm on a bed. I don't know if I can accept.”
“Oh, but, whatever you say,” I answered, sternly, “You shall go back to your house. I'll find somewhere to take refuge by myself.”
“But, Leorn,” she began, insisting.
“Just...” I interrupted, “Just do as I say, all right?”
Haylyn looked down at the ground, thinking. She looked sad, then she turned away. I also glanced at the ground, noticing that the grass was getting greener by the day. I looked back at her. She lifted her head, and nodded once. She slid the sports bag off her shoulder, and passed it to me. I caught it, and pulled it over my neck. She began walking down the hill, and I stood straight. She stopped and turned back to me, and waved me goodbye, and I waved her back. She then turned back, and continued, running to her house. I looked at the ground, as she disappeared behind the buildings. I shifted the sports bag on my body to make it more comfortable. I looked to the horizon, my eyes scanning over the city. Right, I thought. I need to get moving. If I don't, I'll most probably have to stay outside. I frowned, and started hopping down the hill. I landed at the bottom, behind a small tree. I scampered behind, and I looked out. No police. With a sigh of relief, I walked out of my hiding place, heading into the city.
Without looking behind me, I passed my house quietly. The police did not take any notice, as they were too busy trying to figure out why the Taltesier boy went into the house. I smirked, and fastened my stride. I was heading for a n inn that I knew well, and the manager was a great friend of my father. All I needed to do is find an excuse why I needed a room. The inn was pretty far from where I lived, but, anyways, I loved to walk, so I continued my pace. I passed Max's building again, but he was sleeping. I smiled at the canine, and continued on the right turn. I continued in that alley for a few meters, before turning left to a road. I saw some policemen there, so I tried to hide from them, by going behind the wall of the building behind them. I appeared on the other side, and then I glanced right and left, checking for more people. I smiled to myself, and I continued my way. At the entrance of the inn, I checked my watch. 8:20 AM. It must be open by this time of day.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 5:14 pm

I pushed on the door, and I swung open. I entered, with a smile.
Freddie, the manager, looked at me with wide eyes. He didn't ever see me coming alone in his inn. Only my father went into this inn, whenever he had a good price for something to sell, when he had his last job. He stared at me for a few moments, then his weary face began to smile.
“What are you doing here, Leorn?” he asked, lifting one eyebrow.
“Oh, I just wanted to ask,” I began, “You have a room I could rent?”
Freddie lifted one eyebrow at me again. He was slightly shocked. He bent down over to me.
“Why do you need a room?” he asked.
I frowned. I still didn't find my excuse. I tried to think. Then, I blinked multiple times.
“Do you always question other's motives?” I asked.
“I don't know,” Freddie answered, “Seeing the son of one of my friends here to ask me one of my rooms seems rather interesting.”
“Well, here's the thing,” I replied, looking at him straight in the eyes. My father said to me that I should do that to convince people that I'm telling the truth. I continued, “We're moving to Spain in four days, and you know how my parents love to prepare everything in advance, so the whole house is filled with random junk at the moment. There's only place for my mother and father to sleep in there.”
“And what about your siblings?” He asked. I gulped.
“They managed to get a night over at their friends,” I answered, hesitantly. Freddie lifted one eyebrow at me, then leaned forwards again. I felt uneasy. He then lifted up, standing straight, and smiled.
“Brave little fellow,” he said. I smiled back. He continued, “I can give you a room for a couple of days, with less cost, since you're the son of one of my friends.” He leaned over to me, approaching his face dangerously to mine. “But don't tell anyone, aye?” He winked at me, and I nodded back, smiling. He nodded too, and then took out some keys. “That'll be forty euros,” he said, “For four days,” he whispered to me, lifting his eyebrows. I laughed, then reached down into my bag, and took out forty, and handed it over on the shelf. He took the euros with a firm grip, and put it in his pocket. He gave me a key, winking.
“Fifth room, on the right,” he said. I smiled. I gripped the key, coiling my fingers around it tightly. I then nodded once, and began walking up the stairs. Freddie went back to cleaning his glasses, when some people came in.
I walked down the dark hall, with the lights illuminating the whole area. I read the numbers listed on the doors with squinting eyes, and I stopped once I had read the fifth room on the right. The ninth, to be exact. I inserted the key into the keyhole, and I turned it. The door opened, creaking at the joints. I pushed it open, and I entered the room, locking the door behind me.
In the room, there was one bed, and one window, that gave view on the building in front. There was one shelf, to put clothes in. On the right, there was a small bathroom, with a sink, and a shower. I looked back at the bed. The covers were tightly placed on the mattress. Next to the bed, was a light, and an alarm clock. The curtains on the window were flame red, and the shutters were asphalt gray. The walls were of a pineapple orange, with small, fade yellow stripes. I smiled, then put my bag on the ground, sitting on the bed. I took the various things out of the bag. I took out the shoes, and put them under the bed. I took out the shirt, and I laid it down onto the bed. I hesitated, before unfolding it. The gun and the envelope opener appeared. I took the gun in my hand tightly, rotating it. I then looked at the shelf, and opened the drawer. I put the weapons inside. I took the shirt, folded it again, and then I put it in the closet. I then opened the pockets of the sports bag, and then I took out my father's credit and bank card, along with the rest of my money. I put it it the second drawer of the shelf. I put the bag itself under the bed, and I lied on the bed, relaxing. At least, I could think of what I should do for a couple of days.
I can't go back to school. The police know that I went there, most probably. It would be taking too many risks. I frowned, and closed my eyes. I thought about what had happened recently. The police finding out who my family and I really are, then... All this. I closed my eyes, and shifted on the bed, curling up into a ball. I squeezed my legs tight against my chest, and I put my head in my knees, as I sobbed quietly, lonely. For once, I was deprived of my whole family, which I wished many times before in my life, but now that I had it, I just couldn't bear it. I begged to myself to not die, and, most importantly, find my family again. The tears slithered down my cheeks, dropping on the soft sheets of the bed. The stains spread over the cloth quickly. I put a hand up to my face, wiping the tears away fiercely. I punched the bed, and my fist sank into the mattress, with a loud puffing noise.
“I'll get the humans later,” I murmured to myself, “But first, I need to try and find Serella and Jakalt.”
I quickly turned my head to the door, as I heard two knocks> There was a long silence, where I stared at the door, hesitant to open it or not. Then, the knocks continued.
“Can I come in?” a man said, behind the door. I recognized the voice. It was Freddie. I quickly took the tears from my eyes, looked myself in the mirror to see if my face had gone red, which, thankfully, didn't. I then turned to the door, unlocked it, and opened it. Freddie looked down at me, smiling.
“So, everything's going right?” he asked, peering inside.
“Yes, yes,” I answered quickly, “This room's perfect.”
“Glad to ear it,” he replied, turning to some people, then waving at them so that they could go up the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 5:14 pm

I heard different kinds of footsteps go up the stairs. A heavy pace, a short one, and then a more light one. A bulky man passed me without giving one look at me. He was dressed with a red shirt, and a black leather jacket. He had black pants, that were tight around his legs. There was a young woman, about in her twenties, walking behind him. She had a green shirt, and blue jeans, Her sleeve on her right arm was pulled up. Then, a boy, not older than his six years, passed me. He paused and looked up at me with big, shining eyes, then continued waddling towards the two other people. He wore very short shorts, and a red shirt, with 'popstar' written on it, in marker. I lifted one eyebrow, as Freddie showed them their room, and then I closed mine.
I walked to the bed, and checked my watch. 8:35 AM. I smiled, then I went out the room again, taking the keys. I closed the door carefully, and then I locked it, looking at Freddie, who passed by me, smiling, flipping through his gained money with one licked finger.
I lifted my eyebrows. The gleam in his eyes told me that his money was something important to him, and I didn't blame him. Everyone needed money. I rolled my eyes, then put the keys in my right pocket, and I went down the stairs. Freddie looked at me, lifting his eyebrows.
“Where are you going?” he asked.
“Well, it's not night,” I said, stopping at the entrance, turning around to him, “So, I'm going to walk outside for a bit. Y'know, just... Walk.” Freddie smiled at me, then nodded. I smiled back, then went out of the inn. I closed the door, cautiously on the lookout for the police, if they were here. But I saw none, and I headed for Haylyn's house. I passed two policemen on the way, and I lowered my head when I did. They glanced at me, but took no notice, and continued walking down the road. I lifted my head, and glanced back, and fastened my pace to Haylyn's house. By this time, she should have entered, I thought. I quickly looked around, and took a shortcut I knew to get to her house. I passed through many dirt allies to get there, but I managed.
As I appeared at the entrance, I hesitated. I couldn't pass by this door. Even though Haylyn was my friend, I still could not trust humans. I thought in my head, then I got an idea. I scampered over to the wall where Haylyn has her window. I glanced at the ground, and took a small rock on the ground, and threw it against her window. At fist, there wasn't any answer, but I threw a second one. Then, just when I was about to think that she was gone, the window opened. Haylyn looked out for a while, then noticed me. I waved at her, then she mouthed something to me. I lifted one eyebrow, as I tried to understand what she said. Then I understood, She was saying she had found an excuse why she didn't come back home yesterday. I smirked, and then looked around I mouthed to her, asking how could I get up to her room, looking at the height between the ground and her window. She looked at the wall, then frowned, thinking. She then illuminated, and I lifted one eyebrow. She put one foot on the edge of the window. I hoped that she wasn't thinking of doing what I thought. But she was, anyways. She jumped, and I quickly went under her, stretching out my arms. I caught her, and fell to the ground with a loud thump. She then fell onto my stomach, and I got my breath shot out. I tried containing myself from throwing out my lungs, and I gently laid down my head on the ground. She looked at me, her face turning red. I also blushed, and I looked away. Then, she lifted one eyebrow and smiled.
“You know, now that I'm looking at you closely,” she began, “I can recognize your coyote traits.” I blinked several times, then I looked back at her, eyes wide.
“Ah? Are they that obvious?” I asked.
“Well,” Haylyn said, scanning me. She put a hand on the side of my head, lifting my hair, showing my pointed ears, “Your ears are slightly more pointed than usual.” I lifted one eyebrow, as she put a hand to my chest. “Your chest is expanded, not really human-like,” she continued. Her hands drifted to mine, her fingers coiling up in mine, “Your nails are thick, and they are more or less curved like the one's of a canine's,” Her hands then slithered down my body, onto my right leg, where the smallest of lumps could be seen and felt, “And your tail is still there, hidden inside your trousers.”
I looked away, and blushed once more. Without looking up at her, I asked, “Er... That's all well, but, can you get off me? I can't breathe correctly.”
She sat up, putting her hands on my chest to push herself off. “Sorry,” she muttered. I sat up, aching my back, squinting my green eyes. I let out a low growl of pain, and then I looked up at her as she stood up. “Why did you come back?” She asked.
“To tell you that I found a place to live, for a short time. Four days, in an inn my father knew,” I answered.
“Do the people know about... You know?” She asked, a frightened expression on her face.
“No, I got the excuse of me moving, and that there was no place at my current residential area,” I answered, smiling. She smiled back, and let out one hand. I gripped the hand tightly, and pulled myself up, stabilizing on my feet. She put her hands on her hips.
“Shouldn't you be at school?” I asked, lifting one eyebrow.
“I start at eleven today, so no worries yet,” she answered, looking at the ground, lifting one hand to pinch the top of her nose.
I nodded, then looked down, as she asked me something else.
“How are you going to go to school?” She asked.
“I won't,” I answered quickly, “The police must know that I've had my education there, and they'll probably go there today; I can't risk coming back. They'll also notice that my brother and sister aren't there.”
“Mmh,” Haylyn answered, looking down at the ground, her hand slipping down to her chin.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

I rolled my eyes, and then I thought for a moment, but I quickly brushed away the idea I wanted to say, and I looked down at the ground again. My green eyes glittered with the grass, gently swaying with the calm, cold breeze. Haylyn hugged herself, trying to warm up as she started to shiver. I looked at her, smiling ever so slightly. It's great to have a friend like her, I thought. Always there to help you. I looked down. And I can't do anything, without always risking myself being discovered. I drifted to my own thoughts again,and Haylyn noticed me. She waved a hand in front of my eyes, and I rolled them, turning my gaze to her. She glared playfully at me, and I smirked, lifting my eyebrows. I checked my watch. 9:10 AM. I looked at her, poking my watch twice. She looked at the time, then closed her eyes.
“Well,” she began, “Looks like I have to go.” I nodded, as she began going back to the door to her house. Before disappearing behind the wall, she turned back, waving at me. “Don't get caught, please!” she yelled out. I laughed, and waved back at her.
“Don't worry; I'll be cautious!” I yelled back; She smiled at me, then went behind the wall. I heard a door open, and then it closed again, seconds later.
I looked around. I gazed at the trees behind her house that were of a shining green, just as the grass covering the earth. The leaves rattled gently in the breeze, and I then glanced forwards. I took one step, and then I found myself running back to the inn. I paced on the shortcuts, striding quickly over to the roads, almost hovering over the cold cement. As I saw two policemen at an intersection, I slowed down, and lowered my head. They glanced at me. I felt uneasy, and instantly quickened my pace. One said something to the other man, and my heart sank as I saw the two of them walking calmly after me. I quickened my pace again, and as I saw that they did the same, I felt that I would need to run. I pushed greatly on one foot, and began to run. I noticed that behind me, they were running too. I swiftly skidded into an tight alley, and they followed me. The alley had lots of obstacles, that I knew I would be able to jump over, and dodge easily, and that would slow them down. I heard one say something to the other one, and he took out his radio. I couldn't understand what he said, but I felt like he was asking for reinforcements. I jumped onto a garbage can, and pushed on it with strength as I jumped off, making it fall down to the ground, blocking the policemen as they tried to climb over it. One seemed to be more dexterous than the other one, and he soon started running after me again. I scampered out of the alley, the sudden light almost blinding me. I saw one policeman on his radio, and he turned around, glaring at me. I looked the other way, and another policeman was running to me. My only choice was to go forwards, onto the road, where cars were still passing quickly. I hesitated, looking at the cars zoom by. It would take a short time to get to the other side, but in that short time, I could be killed at least four times. I took the decision to take my risks, and not abandoning to quick death. I stepped onto the road, just as a car came zooming. It screeched, and I instinctively jumped on the car's trunk. I rolled on it, and the driver started yelling at me, but I took no notice. As I saw the police get closer and closer to me, I decided to continue sprinting. Another car passed, and it braked severely. The tires squealed, and the markings appeared on the floor. The car turned, and stopped at a low inclination. Another car behind it also stopped brutally. I continued running for dear life, as the four policemen gathered, and started jumping on and over the stopped cars. I then dived into an alley, and I did a somersault on the ground, and continued running. The stomping behind me yelled that I had to keep on running, or else it would be the end for me. In the alley, there were lots of obstacles, like the other alley, and it had lots of garbage. I saw a line hanged from one building to another, then I saw the hook of an umbrella, appearing just over the rim of a garbage can. It gave me an idea. I took the umbrella. It was closed, and the cloth used was torn to pieces. The metal pieces were bent and dirty, but that didn't matter to me. All that mattered was the hook.
I looked up at the line, still running. The police were just behind me. I thought that when I would arrived at the drying line, the police would be at one meter from me. I continued sprinting, panting heavily. As I was under the line, and just as the police were about to catch me with their tensed hands, I lifted the umbrella. The hook locked onto the line, and I soared upwards. I widened my eyes, impressed at how fast it was. Unluckily, I didn't calculate my speed, and I stopped in mid air, just above the line. I fell downwards, letting go of the umbrella. It crashed against the ground, and the police started looking up at me. I caught the line, and I dangled up and down. I felt nauseous when this happened, but I retained myself. I looked sideways, seeing an opened window. I quickly crossed, and heaved myself up to the window.
“Quick! Get in that building!” One of the policemen yelled, to the others. Two nodded, and started dashing away, turning at their right. I went into the building.
I entered a dark room, with no light in it. A light bulb dangled from the ceiling, it's wires showing. I saw an oven, and a microwave near that. Food was stacked up not so neatly on the gray shelves. Bread was cut on a tray, and the knife was still stuck in the loaf. I took one more step forwards, and I stopped, as I saw the door of the kitchen rattle. I thought it was the police. I took the knife out of the loaf. The door swung open, and I only felt half-reassured that it wasn't the police.
It was an old man, in his eighties. He had very few hair, only visible on the sides of his nearly bald head. He had dry eyes, and big glasses. He wore a green jacket, with red stripes that crossed vertically, and blue stripes that crossed horizontally. He had a cane, and his limbs look as if they had been used for centuries. The man held out one shaking hand. He still seemed quite young, even though he was probably very old.
“Wh... Who is it?” He stuttered, squinting his eyes.
“Sir,” I began, “I can explain everything.” I gulped once. “My family is very poor, and we needed some food. These policemen have been following me for at least one hour. Please, help me,” I lied.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 5:15 pm

The old man approached me very slowly. His hand dropped. “I know when someone is lying, boy,” he said, quietly, “But, even though, I know when someone is in need of help.”
After he spoke those words, we heard two knocks at the door. I jumped, and I took one step back. The man put a hand on my shoulder.
“Don't worry, boy,” he said, cautiously, “Go in the back room, and hide yourself in the closet. They won't see you there.” My face lightened, and I nodded. I dashed to the back room as said, and I opened the closet door. It had spider webs, and old clothes, but, it was somewhere to hide. Slowly, I entered the closet, and I closed it, just as I heard more knocks from the door.
“I'm coming,” the old man said, beginning to walk to the door, using his cane to walk. He was shaking and he walked very slowly. After a while, he opened the door. I heard two other men, with a younger voice than his. Voices of the policemen.
“Good morning, sir,” one said, “Have you seen a boy come into your flat?”
“A little boy?” the old man asked. “Ah yes, a little boy! Yes, he dashed through this very room, and went up to the rooftop!”
“Thank you, sir,” the other policeman said, taking a glance inside. The door then closed with a bang. I opened the closet door quietly, and I stepped out. The old man smiled at me.
“Thank you so much,” I said, walking to the man, “Why did you help me?”
“Oooh, that,” he said, rising one flat hand, “I never really liked the police, really.” He laughed, his voice tired. I laughed too, and I smiled at him.
“How may I ever thank you?” I asked. He smiled back at me, looking at me with small, glinting eyes.
“Nothing, boy,” he answered, “The feeling of being useful is good enough for me.” I smiled, and nodded. I approached the door, and I put an ear to it. I heard nothing. I looked back to the man. “I'm going to have to go now,” I said. The old man nodded, and turned away.
I opened the door, and it creaked gently. I glanced outside, and then, seeing that there were no policemen, I walked out cautiously, closing the door. I quickly dashed down the stairs, and went out the entrance of the apartment. As light filled my mind again, I quickly turned to where I was supposed to go. At Freddie's inn. I took one look left and right, and then I continued, my pace quick, and silent, to the road that I knew, which would lead to my destination. I passed more policemen, who seemed a little worried. They were glancing around. I noticed that one of them had a photo in his hand, and he was looking at it through squinted eyes. I passed my way, supposing that I knew the identity of the person on the photo, who was probably me. I closed my eyes, still walking on the sidewalk, thinking about various things. I thought of the different events, and thought about my security. Am I really protected for the moment? I thought. I don't think the police would find me in Freddie's inn. Except if, they give a visit there. But why would they, anyways? I'm not that important to them, come to think of it. I opened my eyes again, seeing that there was a man in front of me. I passed my way, head lowered. After a while, I noticed that I had arrived at the inn. I checked my watch. 10:00 AM. I went out 'walking' for a good hour and a half. I smiled to myself, and I opened the door to Freddie's inn. He saluted me, with a wave of the hand. He closed his eyes, going back to cleaning his glasses.
“So, how was the walk?” he asked, not looking up.
“Good, good,” I answered quickly, looking up at him, noticing that he wasn't looking at me, so I gazed back down at the ground. He then glanced at me.
“Only? Is there something wrong?” he asked. I glanced back at him, then fixed a a plant that he had put near the shelf. The plant was green, and well alive. But it seemed so small, next to Freddie. I sighed, and then looked back up at the man.
“No!” I answered quickly, “No, no, there's nothing wrong! Why do you ask?”
“Well,” he began, “You seem stressed, that's all.” He then looked down at me, from his shelf, making me feel uncomfortable. “Aren't you supposed to be at school?” he asked. I gulped.
“Nah,” I replied calmly, “I begin at one today. I only take one hour to walk to school from here.”
Freddie contented himself of an eyebrow lift as an answer to my words, and he went back to cleaning his glasses again. I only noticed now how many times he cleaned the things he put on his ears. Why were they so dirty, yet, he barely moves from where he is? I was beginning to ask myself this question, but I soon brushed it away, going up the stairs.
I stood in front of my room, and I took out my keys. They dangled as I took them out of my pocket. I inserted the correct key into the keyhole, and I turned it. A click was heard, and I pushed the door open, and closed it behind me, locking it quickly. I fell onto my bed, slightly tired. I moved on the bed to make myself more comfortable. I felt slightly tired, so I closed my eyes, beginning to think about the things I could do. But I couldn't think of anything to do in the long term. I could not hide indefinitely. I could not shelter myself indefinitely. I needed to find a plan. Faster than I thought I would, my eyes got heavier, and I drifted to a small sleep.
I woke up brutally, after I heard a knock at my door. I stood up from my bed, and I approached the door.
“Who is it?” I asked, at the side of the door.
“It's Freddie,” a voice answered, “Shouldn't you be going to school now?” I recognized the voice, and I felt comforted. I glanced at the alarm on the shelf next to the bed. It marked 11:05 AM. I took my keys, and I opened the door with them. I rushed out of the door, locked it again, and smiled up at Freddie.
“Thanks for waking me up,” I said, with a smile. I didn't know whether I sounded serious or sarcastic.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 7:39 pm

“No problem,” Freddie answered, with a smile. I couldn't guess if that was serious or sarcastic, either. I skipped down the stairs, landing with a loud thump on the bottom. Freddie came down after me.
“You don't have your bag?” He asked.
I looked back at him slowly, thinking. “I need to get it back from my house. I know, it's complicated, no need to remind me,” I answered. I waved to him, and he rolled his eyes, and went back to the shelf. I stepped out of the inn, going outside. The cold wind brushed my coal black hair, through my clothes. I hadn't thought about school, and I couldn't find an excuse to skip. I couldn't go to school anyways. There was surely the police back there, checking. But I must take a look, I thought. I began walking down the road, trying to find the path that lead to my school. I stopped at a road, where cars passed. The light went green, but I refrained from passing the road, because policemen were there. I took another street to go to the school. It was longer, but it was worth a shot. I didn't think there were any policemen there. But then I frowned, as I thought of something else. Why do I always see policemen? The few times I came here, there weren't as many. My face darkened. No, it must be coincidental. I'm not important, even for a human. But... I wonder... What do the humans do to the kuijins they capture? I stopped thinking there. I tried not to think of the question I just asked myself.
As I was lost in my thoughts once more, I appeared quicker than I expected at the school. I peered through the entrance. I was surprised to see no policemen. I looked around the building. There weren't any police cars. I frowned. That doesn't mean anything. I know that there are policemen inside that building. But, deep inside me, I knew that what I was thinking was incorrect. What would the policemen do in a school, anyways? Nothing, that's what. They would cause panic. I felt relaxed, and I sighed. I can't go to school. I don't have my stuff. I looked around, then I peered through the bars, that gave view on the court. I saw Haylyn and Katherin, and the others. I couldn't spot Jach or Laurent. As I looked closer at Haylyn, I saw that she looked worried, not really paying attention to what Katherin was saying. She looked sideways, then noticed me. She widened her eyes, and told something to Katherin, who shrugged, and continued talking to the others, as Haylyn made her way to me. She went against the bars, as I did.
“What are you doing here?” She asked, glancing to her right and to her left.
“Just paying a visit,” I answered. I looked down at the ground. “I won't be able to go to school anymore. That's finished.” Haylyn rolled her eyes.
“Well, duh, but I think it's better that way. You're protected,” she answered. I looked up at her.
“And you are too,” I replied.
“But I'm still worrying about you,” she retorted, looking at the concrete below me.
“Why do you worry so much about me? I mean, I said I would be cautious,” I answered.
“Yes, but having the thought that your friend is out there, being researched by the police, all day long, is actually quite disturbing,” she answered. I rolled my eyes.
“Look,” I said, “I'll find my family, we'll all group together, I'll get my parents back, then, after a few days, when this case shall be left alone, in a dark corner of the police's shelves, I'll be good again, and I'll come back here,” I answered, “It's all a matter of time.”
Haylyn didn't seem that convinced. She looked up at me with scared eyes. “But what if something happens?” She asked.
“I already told you that nothing will,” I answered, trying to comfort her. She looked down, then up at me again.
“The others have been asking questions about you, what do I answer?” Haylyn asked. I thought for a moment.
“Robbers,” I replied, “The police evacuated the house for further investigation. For now, my family and I live in a flat, okay?” Haylyn nodded. I smiled at her, and then I glanced sideways, hoping no one was looking. For some reason, I felt observed. After I checked and that I saw nobody, I looked back at Haylyn, who smiled at me after glancing sideways.
“Actually, where do you live right now?” She asked, tilting her head.
“In a place called Freddie's inn. Freddie is a friend of my father, so it went out well,” I answered, scratching the hair on the back of my head. I looked sideways, and she did too.
“Well,” I said, “I'll have to go now.” Haylyn nodded.
“See you, Leorn,” she answered, getting to her feet, “Don't let anything happen, all right?”
I nodded, and smiled at her. I waved at her, then I turned around, and I set my destination to Freddie's inn. For a moment, on a rooftop, I saw a light flash, and I turned my head away from it, because it was blinding me. I wiped my eye, and I looked back at where it came from. It must've been a window or something reflecting the light, I thought. Without worrying any more, I continued my way, looking at my sides for eventual policemen. As I saw a police car dash past me, I jumped, but they took no notice of me and continued. I put a hand on my thudding heart, and tried to calm down. I rolled my eyes to myself. Close one, Leorn, I thought. I crossed the road, heading for another shortcut I knew to get to Freddie's inn. I checked my watch. 12:10 AM. I'll say that my last teacher was absent, so I got no class. I continued my way, looking at both sides. My ears pricked up the slightest sound around me. I was on full alert. I sighed to myself again, passing some people, who suspected nothing. I rolled my eyes. Humans, I thought. I continued my pace, lengthening my stride to Freddie's inn.
I arrived there about fifty minutes later. I gulped, and opened the door quickly. Freddie looked up at me.
“School?” He asked briefly.
“My last teacher was absent,” I said, “So I got no class today.”
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 7:39 pm

“Ah,” Freddie said, “Good for you.” He went back to cleaning his glasses. I frowned, and then I walked up the stairs. I unlocked my room, and then I stepped inside, locking it again once I had entered. I laid myself on the bed, putting my arms behind my head as I closed my eyes to think. Light poured out by the window behind me, and it was slightly disturbing to keep my eyes open. I shifted on my bed, so that I would lay completely on the bed. I curled up into a ball, and closed my eyes tightly, as I began sleeping, affected by my coyote 'dusk' and 'dawn' awake times.
I awoke again, after a while, as I heard three knocks at my door. I checked my watch. 15:30 PM. I wondered who it was. I hopped off my bed, and I approached the door.
“Who is it?” I asked.
“It's me, Freddie,” a voice behind the door answered. I recognized the voice. It was Freddie. I unlocked the door quietly, and I opened it. What I saw with my eyes made my heart sink. Freddie was behind five policemen, who had their guns pointed at me. He was bent into a small ball.
“Sorry,” he muttered, just loud enough so I could hear. I couldn't believe my eyes. The police had checked here. As fast as I could, I quickly slammed the door shut, and locked it again, this time with two different locks. I heard many clicks from outside the door, as I scampered over to my bed. I felt the shelf, then I opened the drawer. I took the gun out, and pointed it at the door.
It was only then that I noticed I was breathing heavily, that sweat had formed on my forehead and temples. I pulled my sleeve over my face. My hands shook as I held the gun.
“Open the door immediately!” A man exclaimed, from behind the door.
“Don't even try opening the door!” I retorted, “Or I'll shoot!”
There was a long silence. I heard many voices from behind the door, and I could recognize what they said.
“He's bluffing,” one man said.
“He doesn't seem like he is,” another answered.
“Where could've he got a gun?” One asked.
“Well, he did loot one of our officers back at his house, so it doesn't surprise me. He also took a radio,” one answered.
I kept my hand in the air, shaking. I glanced to the window. I need to get out by there. I slowly paced to the window, me still looking at the door, cautious. The door clicked, and then banged. They were forcing the door open. I pulled on the trigger. A loud shot was heard, piercing the atmosphere. A hole was found in the door, where the bullet lied. It hadn't gone through, but now the police had proof that I had a weapon in my hand.
All of a sudden, the light from the window dissipated. A shadow crept over mine, and a very recognizable one. I turned around to the window, where I saw a man dressed in black, with a rope around the waist, standing against the window, with a long rifle. I quickly turned my hand to point my gun at him, but he shot before I could. The window broke, sending shards of glass scattering all over the floor. I felt numb in one of my limbs, and the sensation propagated all over my body. I looked at my shot limb. There was a brightly colored dart, that was stuck into my arm. I heard the sirens of the police cars, before my eyes turned upwards, and I lost consciousness, falling into the vast shadow.

I woke up later on, in a white room. I looked around, and my vision was all blurry. I shook my head quickly to stabilize my sight, and then I opened my eyes again. I was lying on a white bed, with a white sheet over it. Everything I saw was white. I first thought that I was in my canine form, but I checked my hands, and I wasn't. I saw myself colored. I looked around the room, wondering where I might be. There was an armored door at the front of the room. I looked around, and I saw a camera, angled so that it was pointing at me. I got off the bed, and I headed for the door. I felt a sharp tug on my neck, and I fell over backwards, hitting my head first on the floor. I curled up into a ball and ached my head.
“Shit! That hurts!” I exclaimed, as I looked up. I saw a chain leading from my neck to the wall near the bed. A metal collar was attached around my neck. I tried pulling it off, but it was locked. I pulled on the chains, in hope of breaking them, but nothing did. I turned myself over, and reached for the door. The chain was just short enough so that I couldn't reach the door. I pulled and pulled, but my efforts were in vain, and I fell to the ground, tired out. I crawled to the bed, and I looked at the chain stuck to the wall. I tried breaking it again, but my hand hurt after I tried pulling on it by jumping off the bed fiercely after the fourth time. A loud growl escaped from my mouth. I raged to myself, then I cursed at myself.
I sharply turned my head to the door, as I heard it being opened. The knob moved, then the door opened. A man, dressed in a brown suit, came in, followed by two heavily armed guards. They kept their guns pointed at me, but the man dressed in brown did a hand sign to them, and they lowered their weapons.
The brown-clothed man had his hair died white, with two strands of hair sticking out of the right side of his forehead. He looked very young for an adult, and he had a pointy nose. His blue eyes were piercing, and his smile was deceiving.
“Hello, Leorn,” he said, in a strangely calm voice.
“You bastard! Get me out of here!” I yelled, and I tried to jump on him by coyote instinct, but the chain was too short, and my breath was taken out of my body, as it grabbed at my neck. I fell to the floor, gripping my neck, breathing heavily.
“Only in time,” he answered, as calm as ever. He started to get me furious with his superior acting. I stood up straight, with an angered face. “Allow me to introduce myself. I am James Lorin. Call me James.”
“What do you want?!” I exclaimed, harshly. He put his hands up in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

“Now, now, dear child, no need to get so upset,” he answered, smiling at me. I hated that smile of his. I was about to rip his lips off of his hostile face, but then he continued, “I only want to... Discuss.” I frowned at the man, and then sat on the bed, the chain on my collar making tingling noises.
“Discuss of what?” I asked.
“Of some...” He began, approaching me. He leaned over me. He continued, “Business.”
I approached my face dangerously to his. “My only business here would be to rip that foul smile off your face, and get away with it,” I commented, angrily.
“No need,” James said, “Because we are willing to let you free.” My face lightened.
“You are?” I asked, suspiciously.
“After you accomplish some...” He began, searching for his words, “Tasks.”
“What sort of tasks?” I demanded.
“Oh, nothing, really,” he answered.
“Get to the point,” I retorted.
“Well,” he began, “We just need you to find some... More kuijins, for us.”
“Why do you need them?” I asked, frowning.
“Experimenting, perhaps. You are a very interesting race, you know,” he answered.
I took the collar of his shirt, and I gripped it tightly. I pulled him to me. “Well, I got some news for you, James,” I began, “You see, you can just cram your stupid business up your dirty ass, and get me free this instant.” James smiled slyly at me, pushing me away.
“Would you change your mind,” he said, calmly, “If we used dissuasive force?”
“I'm a stubborn kid, for your information,” I answered, scowling at him. He laughed, and then turned his head to the guards. He clapped his hands twice.
“Bring the dissuasive force, please!” He demanded. I grinned to myself. What was this guy thinking? I won't work for him. One of the guards left the room quickly, only to come back with a female person. I opened my eyes, and my stomach tied itself in a knot when I recognized who it was. The guard was gripping Haylyn tightly, and she was struggling to get free.
“Haylyn!” I exclaimed, and I tried to run to her, but the collar on my neck pulled me back once more, and I fell to the ground, in pain. Haylyn struggled free from the guard, and she crouched near me. The guard pointed her gun at her, but James lifted one hand, and the guard then lowered his weapon. Haylyn was sobbing, her tears making stains on my dirty clothing.
“I'm sorry...” She muttered, quietly to me. I scowled at James.
“You loathsome freak!” I yelled at him, getting up to my feet.
“So, did you change your mind?” James asked, sneering at me. I grinned back, once I had thought of something.
“Oh, no, I didn't yet,” I began, “Because you ain't going to kill Haylyn. You would have trouble on your ass for the rest of your freaking life, if you ever get away once I'll be done with you.”
James laughed, and put a hand to his face. “You really are thick, are you?” He said. He clapped his hands twice again. “Bring them in too!” He demanded. One guard nodded, and went out of the room. I turned myself around, and I couldn't believe my eyes at what I saw. My two parents, with their hands strapped behind their backs, and their feet chained, traipsed into the room. I stared wide-eyed at them, for a long moment.
“We cannot kill dear Haylyn,” James began, approaching me, lifting Haylyn up to her feet by force, making her fall on me. She was still crying, and that made me just even more trapped than I felt before. He continued, “But we can kill your parents. And your dear brother and sister, once we find them.”
That sentence made me comforted, but only for the idea of my brother and sister. They didn't find Serella or Jakalt yet. That means they were still protected. I glared up at him, but I stood silent.
“Do you change your mind now?” He asked, grinning, rubbing his hands together. I stood silent for a while.
“Speak!” He ordered. I jumped as his voice raised. This had been the only time he had reached an angered tone of voice. After thinking, I nodded slowly.
“Good...” He said, approaching me. He put a hand on my shoulder. “Protecting one's mother and father, plus one's friend. How sweet. You made the correct choice, Leorn.” I wanted to kill him this instant, but I knew that if I even tried, my father, my mother and Haylyn would be all killed, in front of my eyes. He left the room, followed by the two guards, who took my father and mother away again. They didn't say anything. James whispered something to one guard, and I was able to hear it.
“Let the girl in there, and guard the door.” The guard nodded, and closed the door. A faint click was heard, as the lock turned. I dropped to the floor, along with Haylyn, she hugged me tightly against her body, and I hugged her back. We were both on our knees, and I was aching everywhere on my body.
“I'm so sorry...” Haylyn muttered to me, between two sobs.
“Why did they take you?” I asked. She let go of me, and she wiped the tears off her face. Her face was red, and so were her eyes, from crying.
“They took me to say where you were living,” she answered quietly. That's why they knew I was at Freddie's inn. I hugged her back, and she curled her arms around me. “I'm sorry Leorn, they were threatening me... I just couldn't bear.”
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 7:40 pm

“Don't worry, Haylyn,” I answered. I felt the tears coming out of my closed eyes as well. They slid down my cheeks, until they dropped on Haylyn's shirt. “This wasn't supposed to happen...” I muttered to myself. Now, beginning from that day, I would have to betray my race. It was so dishonorable for me, I couldn't stop the tears from dripping from my eyes, onto Haylyn's already tear-soaked clothing.
We stood there, saying nothing, just hugging each other, for a long time. We didn't speak. We barely didn't even breathe. We didn't move at all. We just stood there, as if we were waiting for something. He tried to comfort each other, but, as hard as we tried, it didn't work. We had a stopped crying since a long time, but we stood there.
The door opened, with a faint click. It swung wide, and two guards entered. They grabbed Haylyn by the shoulders. I gripped onto her hand.
“Haylyn!” I yelled out. She also gripped her hand with mine.
“Leorn!” She yelled out, almost louder than me. A guard came up to me, and took out a bat. He hit me on the side of the head, and my grip on Haylyn's hand fell, as I did towards the ground.
“Leorn!” She yelled out once more. She started fighting against the guards. “Let me go, you bastards!”
I felt dizzy, but I stood up on my four limbs. I looked up at them, growling, and I crawled to Haylyn. I couldn't even move properly, because the hit that the guard inflicted me nearly concussed me. Haylyn was dragged out of the room, and the door slammed shut. I reached for the door, but the metal collar kept me from going any closer. I strained against it, then I fell on the ground, dizzy. I tried to stand up, and I wobbled. I fell down to my four limbs again. A low growl escaped my mouth. It got bigger, as time went. It became a roar of fury, and I started fighting against the chain. I morphed into my canine form, to bite against the chains, in hopes of breaking them. I pounced everywhere on the walls. My mind was let loose. The collar grabbed at my neck every now and then, but it hurt less and less, the more times I did it. I slammed myself against the wall. My tail flopped on the ground, and I whined quietly to myself, as my black eyes gazed over the white floor. My canine breath was warm, but it was slow and unstable. Pain ached in my whole body.
We found me later on, lying on the floor in a puddle of red liquid. In my rage, I had nearly demolished my skeleton, and I had inflicted wounds on my limbs and stomach. As my consciousness started to fade, two guards entered the room. They both pointed their guns at me, but I lied still, breathing slowly, only clinging to the rim of life.
The two guards grabbed my arms and legs and unlocked my metal collar with a key. The chain fell to the ground, the heavy, abrupt noise echoing in my ears endlessly. The two guards carried me away to the medical room. As my eyes passed over the lights, I closed them, because they were blinding me, but the image stayed in my mind. As they opened the door to the medical room, two nurses and one doctor examined me, putting me on a table, and scanning my wounds. The two guards left the room, and the doctors started to heal me.
After what seemed to be many endless hours, I was transported back to my room, and laid onto my bed. My forearms were covered in a tight bandage, as was my tail, and my stomach. The doctors had injected painkiller into my wounds, but it seemed to do no effect on my body whatsoever. I also noticed that they had locked the collar on my neck again, preventing me from escaping. I morphed back to my human state, instinctively. The guards that transported me leaved the room, only to come back with the man I hated, James.
James crouched near me and put a hand on my wounded shoulder. I growled fiercely, and he took off his hands. I closed my eyes, my ears pricked to listen to the man.
“Why did you do that, Leorn?” He asked. I answered what I thought would be a good answer.
“I want to see Haylyn,” I replied, not opening my eyes.
“That doesn't answer my question, Leorn,” he answered.
“I want to see Haylyn,” I retorted, opening my eyes to glare at the man.
“I'm sorry, but,” he began, “Haylyn cannot see you at the moment.”
“Why not?!” I asked, trying to lift myself up, but in vain. The pain was too high, and I slumped back onto the bed helplessly.
“Haylyn needs to...” James began, searching his words, “Calm down.”
“Where is she?!” I asked, scowling at James.
“In another room,” James replied, “Nothing to worry about, Leorn.”
“I want to see Haylyn,” I repeated.
“All in good time, Leorn,” James answered, with a smile. Before I could say anything, he continued, “Your wounds don't seem that bad, Leorn. You'll be able to move by tomorrow morning.” What James said, for once, comforted me, but only in the slightest manner possible. He continued talking, “Which means you'll start your new 'job' tomorrow morning.” He handed me a photo, of a men I could not recognize.
I took it cautiously out of his hand, and I looked at it. The man had green, cat-like eyes, that stared at you in a very stern manner. He had trimmed brown hair, and long ears. His head was square, and he looked tough. A goatee could be seen, shooting out of his chin, curling inwards.
“This is Jackie Novel,” James said, looking down at me. The name didn't sound tough. It seemed like on of those names that were given to people who lived in gangs. He continued, “We are sure he is one of your race. He lives in the Brick Square of the city you lived in, Leorn.” I looked up at James. He seemed that he wasn't lying.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 7:40 pm

I thought that my family and I were the only kuijin in the city. I was wrong.
“We want you to bring him to us,” James said.
“What is his soul animal?” I asked.
“The last time my men spotted Jackie, he was a boar,” James answered calmly. That made me feel uneasy. How was I going to fight a boar, if I only had the strength of a canine?
“You'll be armed,” James added, “If ever something happens, take him down. But bring back the body.”
“He'll probably take me down with him,” I commented, looking at the photo. “If he's not stupid, he must have firearms himself.”
“He didn't have any when he last escaped us,” James said, looking at the photo as well. He had a point. Jackie could be just another kuijin, like we were before. I looked up at James, who looked down at me. I nodded once, and he took the photo back gently. “Good,” he said, “This mission shall begin tomorrow. Be prepared, Leorn.”
Before James could get out of the room, I asked, “After, will I be able to see Haylyn?” James turned around to face me.
“If she has calmed down, and that your mission was a success,” James answered, “Yes.” He then left the room, closing the door behind him, locking it. His sentence repeated itself multiple times in my head. I put my head in my hands. I shouldn't of have accepted this mission! Damnit! But, as I thought, I knew that if I hadn't accepted, they would kill my parents, and most probably do the same to Haylyn. I moaned quietly to myself, shifting my position on the bed. My arms ached, as did my legs. I closed my eyes again, and I tried to rest. But the cold sensation of being observed always made me feel unprotected. Like if a blade was at my neck, at all times. I shut my eyes tight, and I tried to calm down my breathing, which was just getting faster by the moment. After a while, it became silent, and I slumped onto the bed. This had tired me out. I just needed some rest. I dozed off, but I didn't fully go asleep. I opened my eyes, to look around the room. The light was still present, even though I could not know where it came from. The only object I noticed in this room was the bed, and the camera, always looking at me. I wondered why the camera was there, because, obviously, I couldn't get out of here in any way, with this chain on my neck. I glanced sideways, then sighed. I flattened out my arms and legs on the bed, as I tried to relax. It was hard to do so, when you know that bad things to happen were imminent. I closed my eyes again, and I fell to sleep, despite my thoughts.
I woke up tiredly on the next day. I turned over, and stretched my body. I remembered what James said before, and I took off the bandages from my tail, my limbs and my stomach. I looked at my belly, as I passed one hand on it. There were scars, that marked my previous wounds. I lied still on my bed, lazy. I then tilted my head to the black camera, which was the most obvious thing one could see, in a room of white. I turned on my bed, and I put my feet on the cold ground. I stood up, wobbling. I looked around, and walked in circles. I then ran in circles. I braked, slowing down in my sprint. As James had announced, I was in perfect shape for the mission today. I looked back at the bandages, which were spotted with red, where my blood had dried.
I turned my head sharply to the side as I heard the door open. It swung widely, and James came in, accompanied by two armed guards. James was still as clean as the last time I saw him. He readjusted his suit, and looked down at me.
“Well, well,” be began, “It seems that our friend, here is just fine, as I thought would happen.”
“I'm not your friend,” I retorted, “If there weren't those bodyguards around, I'd gladly rip out your neck.”
“Now, now, let's not ave any manners, shall we?” James said, smiling at me. I wondered how he kept his calm in these situations. He must be used to it, I thought. He continued, “Now, you must know why we're here.”
“The recovery mission,” I replied quickly.
“Good,” he said, smiling, “You remember.” I would've said that those sort of things cling to my mind, but I refrained myself from doing so. “Well,” he continued, “Let's better not stay here, and get to work.” He looked at me with his piercing eyes, and I felt a shiver run up my spine. “You'll be transported to your city by car,” James explained, “You'll dispose of a pistol, and of a small radio to communicate with us. You'll also have twenty-four hours to complete the mission, or, in other words, one day to bring back the body, alive or dead.” He smiled at me. “Do you understand?” I nodded weakly, and he approached me. “Follow me,” he said briefly. He took one key out of his pocket, and inserted it in a lump on my metal collar. He turned the key, a faint cringing noise emanating from the collar as he did so. The collar opened, and I took my head out of the object. I put a hand up to my neck, grabbing it tightly. The collar slid off my elbow, and hit the ground heavily. I took my hand off my neck, but James was already heading for the door. I followed him, as did the guards. We walked through several halls, past several doors. I hoped Haylyn wasn't locked in one. I gulped, and looked at where I was going, following James.
After a while, time lead us outside. A car was waiting for us. It was a black Porsche. I lifted one eyebrow at the vehicle. I wasn't that good with cars, but somehow, something told me that this car shouldn't even be sold anymore. The design looked too old for it to be modern. James went up to the black Porsche, and opened the door. The driver was already inside, seeming to have waited for a long time. I went into a car, and James followed, wit a silver suitcase, closing the door. I sat on the chair next to the window, opposite to where James sat. The chairs were maroon, and they were comfortable to sit on. The car departed silently, went past the gates, and drove onto the road. I took a quick look out of the window, to try to know where I was. I recognized the road we were driving on. It was a road that lead out of the city I lived in before. I glanced at the suitcase James was holding on his lap. I wondered what it contained. Probably the things I would use, later. I didn't ask.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 6:21 pm

I cast a quick glance at the car clock. It was 10:30 AM. I slept more than usual that night, I thought. I looked out the window, my head on my hand, gazing outside, looking at how blue the sky was that day. I sighed to myself. If we were driving on this road, we were going to get to the city quickly. I gazed over the vast plains of grass for a long moment, and I almost thought I wasn't blinking or breathing anymore. The car engine rumbled as we approached the upcoming city. I looked forwards, and saw the buildings that stood high above the ground. I recognized a few of them.
After a while, we stopped at the side of a sidewalk. I didn't open the door to get out of the car. James looked at me with his profound gaze, and our eyes met. We stared emotionless at each other for a long time, when, finally, James broke the silence.
“Now, for your equipment,” James said, opening the silver suitcase. It glinted n the sunlight passing through the windows, and the compartment creaked, as if it were a snake hissing. In the silver suitcase, was a classy, shiny black gun. I couldn't recognize it, but it seemed very professional. There was also a small earphone, with the wire coiled up around the phone and the speaker. James unclipped the gun from its socket, and passed it over to me. “Keep this safe, and hidden,” he quietly said to me. I took the gun with a shaking hand, and slid it down the back of my trousers. I really wanted to use the gun against the vile man, but I knew that if I did, he would still have the power to slaughter the rest of my family. He then passed me the small radio. “Put this on your ear, and make sure the speaker is up to your mouth at all times,” he explained casually. I snatched the speaker, and put it up to my ear. I slid the wire down my shirt, and the speaker up to my mouth. James took a small intercom from his pocket. “Now, get out of the car, and your mission begins.”
I opened the door, and stepped out of the car discreetly. I made sure that the gun was well hidden, and I closed the door behind me. I heard the phone crackle, then an electronic voice came out.
“Testing, you hear me, Leorn?” James asked through the intercom. I put up a hand to the speaker.
“Perfectly,” I answered.
“Good,” he replied, and the connection cut.
I walked away from the car, and it stood in its place. I tried to remember where James said Jackie was. Brick Square. That's a big place, I thought. I continued walking down the road. After looking at multiple buildings, I finally recognized this area. It was far away from the Brick Square, but it wasn't close either. I continued padding down the road, not looking back at the car, even to glare at James once more.
My shadow danced on the walls of the buildings I passed as I walked quickly down the road. My feet made small thudding noises as they landed on the concrete sidewalk. I passed a few people, who didn't even look at me, which comforted me slightly. I still have to escape from the police, though, I thought. I glanced warily sideways, hoping that there were no policemen around. To my great appreciation, there were none, and I lifted my head. As I looked at the roads, I noticed that there wasn't much traffic in the city today. I waited on the side of the road to let the cars pass, and then I crossed the road quickly, to get to the other pavement that lead to the Brick Square.
After walking a few minutes, I got to the intersection with the Brick Square. I turned, and then appeared in the so-called area, where Jackie lives. The Brick Square was bigger than I thought, and there were buildings all around. It would take me ages to find out where he lived, if I checked the buildings one by one. I thought of getting some help. No one would suspect anything. I hid the small radio in my shirt, and I walked up to a tall, clad man. He had a small, trimmed beard, and a red bandanna on his head, hiding his hair. He had an anchor tattooed on his right arm. When I walked up to him, he looked down at me.
“Excuse me, sir,” I began, hesitantly at first. Then I looked at him straight in the eye, with a determined look. “Would you know where Jackie... Novel lives around here?” I asked. He lifted one suspicious eyebrow at me.
“Jackie?” The man repeated. As he talked, the voice boomed into my ears, making the figure seem even more imposing. “Oh yeah, Jackie!” He looked down at me. “Why do you need to know?” He asked.
“He wanted me to see him, personally,” I answered. The other man still seemed skeptical as he glared down at me. His face lightened.
“Ah, brave fellow,” he answered, patting me on my head. I felt crushed by the man's gigantic hand. “He lives in building number fourteen, fourth story,” he answered. I gently pushed his hand away, and turned to the building. I ran to it, turning my head to the man, waving at him.
“Thank you!” I yelled after him. He turned around, and kept on walking.
I arrived at the building number fourteen. It was tall, gray, and did not invite people at all. It was monotone, and the paint on the walls was crumbling to bits. I heard a stereotypical crow cry far away, as I pushed the button to enter. A faint, long buzzing noise was heard from the door, and I pushed it open. I entered the building, and I closed the door behind me. My footsteps echoed for seconds before the noise faded away when I stopped. I went up the stairs, that turned in circles. I finally got to the fourth story.
A giant door showed me the entrance to Jackie's so-called home. I scanned it, seeing four types of locks. I knew that I could pick two of those locks, but not the third or fourth one, which seemed way more protective. I walked up to the door, an imminent sens of inferiority welling up inside me as I did so. I gulped, and I pressed on the doorbell. I heard no answer, but I heard the steps echo inside the building. After the steps stopped, the door didn't open.
“Who is it?” A voice grumbled behind the door. The voice was so sudden and direct, that I jumped away.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 6:21 pm

I came back to my original place. My legs were shaking. I couldn't imagine a boar kuijin. It must be huge, I thought. And hairy, like the monsters we see in those horror movies. But I calmed down my beating heart, and I answered.
“Please, open the door, sir,” I replied.
“Who is it?” The man repeated behind the door, more stern this time. I thought that if I didn't lay an extra dose of will, I would never get inside the crummy flat.
“Sir!” I begged, “My father got a car accident downstairs, and he doesn't want to wake up! Please open the door and help him!” This time, I thought it would be enough.
I heard the locks on the door turn quietly. They creaked and cranked. The door then opened slowly after that, showing a massive man, like the one I saw on the photo. A shiver went up my spine. Is he Jackie? I thought. Oh Christ, I won't be able to take down a man like that! I looked up at him, trying my best to seem helpless. He crouched down next to me, and put his hand on my back.
“Where's your father?” He asked. His voice was thunderous, but it had a gentle tone to it. I gulped, as I thought again of what I would have to do. My hand slid behind me, and I pulled up the gun to under his jaw. The gun clicked.
“I'm sorry, sir,” I muttered quietly, “But I'm doing this for him.”
Jackie seemed surprised. He slowly stood up to his feet, as I did. He lifted his hands cautiously. Without taking my eyes off the man, I tilted my gun, to make him go back into the flat. He slowly stepped back into his residential area, and I closed the door behind me. He glared at me, as I took out the radio again, and fixed it onto my ear.
“James,” I said, not taking my stare off Jackie, “I got him.” Jackie seemed surprised as I say the name 'James'. He must know who he is, after that he had been chased all over the place, I thought. The intercom cracked, and a voice spoke out of it.
“Good,” James said, “Nice job.” There was a long silence, and the speaker broke the silence once more. “Is he dead or alive?” James asked.
“Alive,” I muttered.
“All the better,” James replied. “Don't move, we're coming.”
“Building number fourteen, fourth story,” I answered. I heard the engine roar through the intercom. The connection cut. I put the radio away, and I noticed my hand was shaking.
“Erm... Can I sit down?” Jackie asked. As he asked, my heart skipped. I pointed my gun at him, trying to calm down my heart. I nodded briefly, and Jackie turned around, took a chair, and sat on it. I pointed my gun at his head.
“Why are you doing this?” He asked.
“For my parents,” I muttered. “I already said that.”
“James,” Jackie said, looking at me, “Do you even know who this man is?”
“You know him?” I asked.
“I recognized his voice, and his radio,” Jackie answered, looking at the ground, his hands still raised. “Do you know what he really is?” He asked again.
“He's an idiotic, loathsome bastard, I already know that,” I answered quickly.
“Why did you join him, then?” Jackie asked.
“I didn't have the choice,” I replied calmly.
“How did he force you?” Jackie asked. I gulped. I was almost crying, as I wanted to answer the question. I sniffed, and wiped my gleaming eyes with my shirt sleeve.
“He took my father and mother, and threatened me by saying he would kill them if I didn't do what he wanted,” I answered.
“I can't remember James threaten humans,” Jackie replied.
“He wasn't,” I answered, quietly, the tears falling out of my eyes. “I'm a kuijin, just like you,” I answered.
“Then that means we're in the same bloody situation,” Jackie answered. I wiped my tears away with my sleeve again.
“Huh?” I asked.
“He did the same thing to me long ago,” Jackie explained, “After a few missions, I refused to do any of his biddings, and he killed my parents in front of my eyes, as well as my little sister.”
“James still doesn't have my brother and sister,” I said.
“But he has your mother and father,” Jackie retorted. “Do you want to work for a guy that will kill all your relatives if you do one error?”
“Of course not!” I retorted, “But I have no other choice!”
“Hey, kiddo,” Jackie said, looking at me, “Do you know what's going to happen to me when they bring me back to that wretched place?” After sniffing two times, I shook my head slowly. My feet were moving sideways. I felt like moving a little would comfort me. He's going to experiment on me, as he did with my father and mother. I don't want that,” he explained, “At least, not while I'm alive.” I lifted one eyebrow.
“You're saying that you...?” I asked. He nodded silently.
“Shoot me,” he murmured. I stepped back once. I couldn't do that. Especially since he didn't even try to defend himself. But, I don't want him to suffer, as his father and mother did. What do I do? I thought. “Just shoot me, damn it!” He yelled. I silently stepped towards the man. His hands were still raised. I pointed my gun at the kuijin's head. My hands were shaking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- Empty

Back to top Go down

Clawmark. -FINISHED-
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next