Mystic Creatures RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to all mystical creatures! Who dares to walk among the humans? Or who hides in the forests and lakes of this site? We shall find out...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clawmark. -FINISHED-

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male
Number of posts : 3324
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 7:56 pm

“The odds are against him, Leorn,” Isen answered, as calm as ever, “he arrived a few days ago, and we find that Pandora is pregnant.”
“Who says that she's not pregnant since a while?” I asked, “We need to check when she got pregnant.”
“And how can we do that?” Isen asked.
“There's no way,” I answered, “meaning that there is also no reason for you to suspect Sinen. Why are you two so tensed, actually?” I asked.
“Personal reasons, I already said,” Isen answered quickly.
“We need to know,” Dippy muttered.
“I'll choose when to talk about it,” Isen replied. He then tilted his head to look at us. “So, has everybody understood for Pandora's subject?” After a small second, we all nodded acknowledgedly. Isen then nodded. “Good, I'll let the others in again.” He hopped off the hammock. Cruor, Owen and I exchanged doubtful glances, and Dippy just looked at Isen as he advanced towards the door. He reached out his hand, and grabbed the doorknob. He turned it and opened the door. “You may come back,” he announced.
“What was all that for?” Nayru complained, walking in.
“Why couldn't we listen?” Jamina muttered, sitting on her mattress. Pandora kept silent, and entered, closely followed by Seir, who was hugging her. She laid down against a wall, and let Seir lean against her. She looked up at Isen, and caressed Seir's brown hair. Isen glanced back at her, and turned his head to the others. Sinen entered last, closing the door behind him. He casted a quick glare at Isen, and then hopped back onto the stairs, taking out his knife, and his piece of wood, beginning to carve it again. “Gills,” Isen muttered.
“Yess?” Cruor replied.
“Time?”
Gills lifted his arm, and glanced at the watch on his right wrist. He let his arm fall down on his leg again.
“Sssirty past ten, PM,” Cruor replied.
“Thanks,” Isen muttered. He walked over to one of the tables, that composed the large wooden barrage, that almost hid the stairs on which Sinen was carving his bit of wood. He picked up a small box, and waved it in front of everybody. “Poker anyone?” he asked quietly. Dippy stood up, followed by Owen and Cruor.
“It'll give uss ssomessing to do,” Cruor commented. I didn't stand up. I felt a little tired. And I knew that when I was tired, I didn't play correctly, as any player that knew what game he was about to play would know. Isen turned his head to Sinen. “Grieve?” he asked. Sinen glared back at Isen. Isen backed away, putting the small silver box onto one of the mattresses. Owen, Cruor and Dippy gathered around Isen. He opened the box carefully, and picked out a tall pile of blue, red, white and green checkers. He then picked up a pile of cards, wrapped tightly in a thin rubber band. He pulled off the rubber band, and flicked out two pieces from the box, with one marked 'small blind' and another one marked 'big blind'. He put the small blind to Cruor, and big blind to Owen. “I'll deal,” he announced quietly. The lamp flickered above their heads, propagating darkness over the cards and checkers. Each player took their own small pile of checkers, and put it I front of themselves. Isen passed two cards to each player, and put down the rest on the floor. He flipped out three cards onto the ground. Owen put a different colored checker than the four other players. I knew how we played this sort of poker. I laid myself down onto my mattress, resting my arms behind my head. I sighed.
“Hey, Gun,” Jamina whispered to me. I lifted my head. She discreetly pointed at my covers. I quickly nodded back, and she smiled at me as she took them away from me.
I shifted on the mattress, trying to find a better position. I wondered where Sinen slept. There wasn't any available mattress or hammock at the end, when everybody was sleeping. Sinen was still carving his bit of wood with his dagger, a certain gleam in his piercing green eyes as he did so. He didn't seem like a praying mantis. He shifted place, making the sleeve of his shirt move up a little bit. I noticed a crack right on the intersection between his shoulder and forearm. He had incisions everywhere, when you looked correctly. Just like an insect. And his fringes were probably his antennae, when you think about it, I thought.
I stopped looking at Sinen just as he noticed me staring. I laid down on my back, and I heard the caracteristic sound of him carving the wood he had in his hands. I took a deep breath, and closed my eyes. I heard a few whispers of joy from Dippy as he just managed to beat Cruor by a very small point. I turned on my bed, and I began to sleep.
The next morning, I wasn't the first to wake. I opened my eyes to the sound of wod carving. I looked up at the stairs, and I saw Sinen, with a new bit of wood in his hands, carving it slowly. The carvings of wood curled up and fell on the floor gently. I stood up, and he looked at me. I felt a shiver up my spine, even though he didn't talk. I walked up to the wooden furniture, and then I hopped up. The wall moved, and I slid down to the stairs. Sinen looked down at me, as I looked up at him. Both our piercing stares met. He stopped carving.
“What do you want?” he murmured.
“Are you always awake at this hour?” I asked.
“A kuijin like me doesn't sleep much,” he replied calmly.
“You mean a praying mantis kuijin,” I corrected.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 7:56 pm

“In other words,” he answered, going back to carving his bit of wood. We both stood silent for a moment. I looked around, checking that nobody was awake.
“What's up those stairs?” I asked.
“A house,” he replied quietly, looking up at me, “what else could it be?”
I sighed. Sinen stopped carving. He gently put the dagger and the piece of wood on the stairs, and crossed his arms. “You want to get somewhere,” he murmured.
“Why are you and Isen so hostile towards each other?” I asked. He leaned towards me.
“You know I don't have to answer that,” he answered firmly, “it's my problem. And his.”
“He's been acting weirdly ever since you came,” I answered, choosing not to talk about the suspicions about Pandora's pregnancy.
“That's because something happened pretty long ago,” he answered. He glanced sideways, checking that Isen was asleep. He turned his gaze back to me. “Something pretty... 'He's-going-to-really-get-it-up-his-ass-one-day' thing, if you don't mind me using that term.”
“Which was?” I asked discreetly.
“You don't need to know,” he replied, “as I said, it's only something between him and me. Others that intrude this have more chance of being killed than a blind, one legged rodent on a two hundred kilometer per hour highway.”
“That doesn't leave much chance...” I muttered, “I'll take them.”
“I'm afraid there are none,” Sinen snapped, going back to carving his bit of wood. We sat there, for a long time, in the darkness, without the light. I saw him perfectly, with my canine-like eyes. He could also see me perfectly. But, as we say, never contradict an armed man.
I stepped off the stairs, and I landed on the ground silently. I stood up, watching out not to step onto one of the members. I cautiously walked over to the door, stepping over the heads of multiple members of the Its. I put my hand on the doorknob, and I turned it quietly. A metal squeal shrieked from it, and the door opened. I hopped into the open, closing the door quietly behind me.
A cold wind brought new odors from the streets, slightly better than the ones I normally smelled in the alleys. I lifted my head in the humid atmosphere. I looked up at the sky, looking at the sun, hidden behind light gray clouds, looming above our heads. I concluded it was approximately six in the morning. I shoved my hands into my dirtied pants, breathing in heavily. I was now used to the foul smelled that wretched from all the garbage cans that laid out in the street.
I turned around, noticing James. He was smiling at me, like he always was before. He seemed unaffected by the stench that resided in this desolate place. He looked at me with his fake brown gaze. He pulled one of his fringes backwards, to get it out of his sight. It just went back to the same place as before.
“Thinking again, Leorn?” James asked.
“More or less,” I answered, “I thought you would've left me by now.” James smiled at me. This time, I saw it as a smile of satisfaction.
“I'll keep coming back until you find what you truly need, truly want,” James explained.
“And isn't this what I want? To be protected, to feel welcomed, and, most of all, be away from you?” I asked.
“That could be something that reaches a very close degree of what you would want forever,” James explained, smiling at me, a true smile, this time, “but it's not even as important as what you truly need and want.”
“Then what do I truly need and want?” I demanded, “Stop talking in riddles, will ya?”
“That's the good question, Leorn,” James replied, “what does one person want?”
“I dunno,” I replied quietly, “have a good life?”
“I'll leave you to find out for yourself,” he replied, beginning to fade away.
“Hey!” I exclaimed, taking one step towards him, “Don't leave!”
“Just think about it,” James said, before completely disappear. I stepped into nothingness. Into air. He wasn't there anymore. I sighed, and I lowered my arms, as I did with my head. What do I want? I asked myself. The sound of the door opening pulled me out of my thoughts. I turned my head around, to notice Pandora. She turned her head to me, and gently lifted her hand to her lips.
“Oh,” she murmured, “You're here.”
“Yeah,” I answered, taking one step closer to her, to completely turn around and face her. I took one deep breath, and I frowned at the young woman. “We heard about the news,” I began.
“Yes, that,” she muttered, her face darkening. “Isen talked about it to you, did he not?”
“In fact, he did,” I replied, lifting my face to the sky, ten lowering it again to look at Pandora, “look, Gust, if we're going to have to bear this, we'll also need to have some more information.”
“I can't tall you anything more then what Isen has already informed you of,” Pandora replied.
“Not even how many months?” I asked. Pandora stood silent.
“No,” she answered quietly.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 7:57 pm

“Well that certainly advances us to something,” I replied sarcastically, rolling my eyes. The cold wind blew my hair in front of my eyes, surrounding my vision with darkness, and I flipped it away with one jerk of my head to get it out of sight. Pandora stood silent, her head lowered. Her shortly-cut hair fell slightly over her forehead. “Why are you out here?” I asked.
“Because, normally, I can be alone to think to myself,” she answered, “and you?”
“Same reason,” I replied. Another cold wind, harder this time made Pandora shiver. I advanced to her, and she looked up. “Come on,” I muttered, “let's go inside. It's freezing in here.” I walked to the door, and I slowly opened it. The light was on, Cruor and Owen were awake. They turned their heads to look at me. I beckoned Pandora to come in. She nodded weakly, and she went inside, and sat next to Seir's sleeping head. Cruor glanced at Pandora, then eyed my suspiciously. I walked over to him.
“I couldn't get any more information,” I whispered, only letting Cruor hear.
“Sssooner or later, sshe'll talk,” Cruor murmured back, turning to Pandora, who had her head lowered. “but for now, we hopefully sstill have time. Her sstomach issn't even sshowing yet.”
“I guess so,” I whispered coldly back, “we'll just hope everything goes well.”
“We can only do that while we wait,” Cruor murmured back, turning to Owen, and stepping to him. I looked at Cruor for some time, and then I turned my head to Pandora, who was gently caressing Seir's head. I heard a yawn coming from my side, and Jamina slithered out of the huge mass of covers, along with Nayru. I smirked at the two girls as they rubbed their eyes, yawning again. Jamina pushed the covers off her shoulders, that had been pulled as she had stood up.
I walked over to the stairs, to notice that Sinen was still carving his piece of wood. At his feet, were many curled strips of wood, marking the shredded pieces of wood that had fallen at his hands and blade. I looked up at him, and he glanced back at me for a split second, then went back to carving his bit of wood. I shrugged, and walked over to a plastic bag, with some pieces of bread that Cruor had gathered from the market, two days ago. I picked one up, and nibbled it slowly, looking at Isen as he woke up, stretching his arms. He smacked his lips, staring at the ceiling for a while. He then turned his head to the side, and noticed me. I lifted one eyebrow at him, and he stepped out of the hammock, stretching his back. Seir then opened his eyes, and looked up at Pandora, who just smiled back at him, ruffling his hair. He smiled back, and stretched his arms, beginning to stand up. He opened his mouth and yawned a long time, before opening his eyes wide and glancing at Cruor, then at me. Isen looked down at Seir, and he nodded once. Seir stepped to the door, and opened it slowly. Pandora got up, and just before Seir departed to do his morning area patrol, Pandora caught him, and delicately kissed him on his forehead. He smiled at Pandora, who smiled sweetly back. Seir then stepped outside, closing the door behind him.
I turned around, as Pandora went back to her mattress to lean on it. She carefully leaned her back onto the mushy mattress, and she gave a silent sigh as she closed her eyes, her hands flattened on her stomach. I smirked, and turned away, finishing my piece of bread.
I noticed Cruor was shuffling the Poker cards. He did it like an expert. It seemed that the cards flew between his hands as he mixed them. And he continued, not faltering for even a second. Then, after a while, after it seemed like he had shuffled randomly, he pulled out the four first cards from the pack. He flattened them out on the table, leaving them there. He went onto the second hammock, and pulled his fedora over his face. I looked at the four cards that he had taken out. The four aces. I turned to Cruor, who was gently balancing on the hammock. I lifted my eyebrows, and I headed for the door. I opened it quietly, and I stepped out into the dark alley.
The smell was still the same. I looked up at the sky, hidden by the dense clouds. It didn't seem like it was going to rain, but it was gloomy. Seir had to do the whole square kilometer around the hideout to check for James' men. He mustn't be scared to show himself in the open like that. Unless he morphed into a mouse. I rolled my eyes, and I sat on the kicked over garbage can. The rain that had poured last night had washed off the blood from the front of the hideout. I sighed gently, remembering the image. It was horrid. I thought about other things, like Serella and Jakalt. Am I going to find them one day? I thought to myself. I wandered inside my mind a long time, reviewing the images of what happened ever since I had been found out, like a fast forwarded film.
A squeak coming from my side took me out of my thoughts. I turned around, and I saw a small gray mouse, scampering towards the hideout. It sniffed the air every two meters. It squeaked again, and I stepped towards it. It turned it's head quickly to me, gazing at me with big black eyes. It was an outrageously big mouse. Seemed more like a rat. A big rat.
“Seir, back so soon?” I asked. The mouse squeaked again. “Um,” I muttered, “I can't understand mouspeak.” The moused turned around in a circle, and stood on it's feet. It began to morph. It's tail almost fully disappeared, and it's paws became longer. It's head shortened and flattened, and it's body grew, just as the fur slunk back into the skin.
“Leorn!” he almost yelled, “I saw five of James' men, heading towards here!” He was panting, and he looked terrified.
“Okay,” I answered, looking down, “calm down...And please put some clothes on.”
Seir frowned, and looked down at himself. “Oh crap!” he exclaimed, quickly changing back into a mouse. I laughed loudly. Seir squeaked violently at me.
“Okay, I'll say it,” I replied quickly. The mouse kuijin scampered away. I stood there for some seconds, and I put my foot back onto the ground. I walked to the door, and I pushed it open. Isen looked at me with his one eye, lifting one eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 7:57 pm

The light dangled dangerously over his head. I thought his hair was going to go on fire.
“Seir says that he located five men coming here,” I said quickly.
“Where's Seir?” Pandora asked, sitting up.
“I'll just say that he needs to get clothed,” I muttered quietly. Seir popped up from behind me.
“Isen!” he yelled, “Five men coming here through the alleys of Quarter Square!”
“We heard,” Isen answered, “Gills, Gun, Grunt, Grieve, go and get them.” I nodded quickly, and I headed for my mattress. I stepped up to it, and I crouched besides it. I shoved my hand under the mattress, and I pulled out my gun. I made sure it was charged, and I went to the door, turning back to Cruor and Owen, who were still preparing themselves. Sinen was right next to me, with his hand on his hip. Cruor then walked to us, followed closely by Owen. I went out into the humid alley first, followed by Sinen, and then by Owen and Cruor. I glanced left and right before I took another step forwards, tensing my grip on my gun. Heading for us? We'll get them right then, I thought. I started dashing away, in direction of Quarter Square. Sinen ran after me, Cruor and Owen did the same. We each padded through the alleys, hopping past the diverse obstacles that presented themselves on our way.
“We'll get them just as they shine in these alleys,” I explained to Sinen.
“Waiting in the buildings,” Sinen completed. He began running faster than me, and he sharply turned to his right. I turned to my left. We each broke up in one direction, to take a building, to surround the whole hideout. I skidded to a halt at a large door. I tried to open it, but it was locked. I took one step back, and rammed my shoulder into the door, forcedly opening it. The door cracked at it's joints, and it slammed on the wall behind. I stepped into the darkness, and I ran up the stairs, throwing my arms in front then back to gain speed. I quickly appeared on the first floor, and I turned to a door, which I opened quickly. I ran through the old unused flat, passing doors and entrances. I stepped up to a window, which I opened, and I peered through. I breathed quickly, as I waited for the men to come under. My green, squinted stare grazed the road below, scanning the surroundings.
That's weird, I thought after a long while, they should be here already.
I heard a crack of wood behind me, and I sharply turned around, rolling on the ground. A man shot at me, but missed. He pointed his gun at my face, but I shot before him, right in his stomach. He doubled over on himself, his black clothing swishing violently, as he fell suddenly on the ground. I stood up, and left him agonizing there, as I quietly stepped back to the entrance of the flat, checking for more. That was quick, I thought. But if the men appeared behind me...
ahem...!
It's a trap!
I dashed out of the flat, and I began jumping the stairs. I landed heavily on the ground below, using my hands to lessen my straight fall. I dashed out the building, stepping out into light again. My gun glinted gleefully as I showed it into the light, but I paid no attention, as I stormed back to the hideout. I jumped over some metal bars that laid on the floor, as well as a turned over trash bin. I saw the door that lead to the Its, and I noticed Owen and Sinen already standing there. Owen seemed to be looking for something.
I skidded to a halt, and I looked up at the two. My green gaze met Sinen's piercing eyes. Owen didn't look at me.
“Where's Gills?” I asked.
“Not here, obviously,” Sinen replied calmly, “did you also get attacked from behind?”
“We all did,” Owen muttered, “and if Gills isn't coming back any minute now...”
“No, you cannot look for him,” Sinen snapped, “it might be just what they want. If Gills doesn't come back any minute, we'll have to believe he has been trapped.”
“But...” I muttered, “it happened so quickly.”
“Lots of things happen very quickly in the Its,” Sinen answered, his face darkening for an instant. His two fringes each went over his two eyes, blocking his emerald stare. Owen seemed worried by then. Isen hopped out of the Its' open door. He glanced at me, at Sinen, then turned to Owen.
“Where's Gills?” Isen asked.
“Isn't it obvious?” Sinen hissed.
“Gills didn't come back,” Owen muttered.
“And he won't,” Sinen added coldly, heading into the Its hideout. We stood there. All three, staring into nothingness for a pretty long time. Gills didn't come back. Isen glanced up at me, with a sad face.
“We need to accept it,” he muttered, “until further notice, Cruor Aerimn is now dead.”
“That can't be true,” Owen replied, taking one step, further into the alleys.
“Grunt!” Isen yelled, “I forbid you of trying to search for Cruor!” Owen turned his head to glare at Isen, and he then entered the Its, head lowered desperately. Isen then lifted his one eye to stare at me, his eye half closed. He tilted his head to the Its hideout. I headed into the room, and Isen followed me inside, closing the door quickly behind him. A last breeze made the lamp above shake and wobble, spreading dark shadows over all the grieving members of the Its.
“Where's Gills?” Nayru asked. Isen's face darkened.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

“He didn't come back,” Isen muttered quietly. Nayru put her hand up to her mouth. “Until further information,” Isen continued, “Cruor Aerimn is dead to us.”
“No!” Nayru protested, “He can't be dead! Not like this!”
“Gray!” Isen shouted, “His death makes me agonize inside, as much as you do! Cruor Aerimn was a great member, one who was able to do a variety of very useful things to the Its!” We all stood silent for a while again. I lowered my head, to drop my stare at the mattress. “May we leave him a minute of silence,” Isen murmured, “it's the only thing we can do.”
We all sat down, desperate. Nayru was sobbing quietly, and Jamina tried to comfort her by putting her arms around Nayru's body, rocking gently. Seir seemed sad, and Pandora also had a grieving expression on her face. It was the first time I saw tears come out of her eyes. Owen was crouched in a corner, his head lied onto his tensed fists. Dippy was looking at the ground sadly. A looming, sticky atmosphere hung over each of our heads. I turned my head to Sinen. Even Sinen had slowed down when he was carving his bit of wood, but his face remained expressionless. Isen's head was lowered, and he was hanging on the couch, going back and forth delicately.
Isen stood up after the minute had passed, and he went outside, closing the door quietly behind him. He left all of us members alone, silent. The only audible sound was the carving of the wood, and the delicate flicking noise the carvings made as they touched the ground below.
We all stayed like this for the whole day. Seir had gone out twice, and came back with no report. It only made us even more worried about Cruor. Nayru had gone under the covers of her mattress, and she was still crying silently throughout the whole day. Isen came back, and lied down onto the hammock. We didn't eat lunch that day. Dippy, alone, went out to buy food. He had thought a bit, and came back with some unfinished cans and bottles of alcohol he had found somewhere, along with a pizza. We ate silently, and Dippy and Nayru were finishing the alcohol ends. I had to say that it must've felt good for Nayru, because she had stopped crying, but she seemed kind of tipsy. Dippy wasn't affected by the alcohol. No wonder we called him Gin.
It was silent the whole night, too. Out of sympathy, I quickly gave my covers to Nayru, and she crept under them, the effect of the alcohol having dissipated. Owen almost did'nt sleep that night. To be honest, he wasn't the only one. Sinen and I were awake just as Owen woke. I gazed at all the members sleeping under their covers, thinking about what they could dream about. Sinen finished his second piece of wood, and took another one from a decaying cupboard, and began carving it with his knife. Owen turned his head to look at me, and I set my green gaze on him. We both stared at each other for a while. I turned my head to Sinen, who didn't notice. I quietly stood up, and I hopped onto a table, then onto the stairs. Sinen looked up from his work. I looked at all the carvings, which almost covered all of his feet. I then looked up, and met his green eyes.
“What do you want now?” he asked abruptly.
“I just wanted to... Talk,” I replied.
“About what?” Sinen asked, delicately putting down the piece of wood and his knife.
“About Cruor,” I answered, “maybe he isn't dead yet.”
“Of course he's dead,” Sinen snapped, “either shot down, or taken away then experimented on.”
“If we have the luck that he wasn't shot down,” I remarked, “and that he's being experimented on, maybe we still have time before he dies.”
“Don't count on it,” Sinen hissed, “I don't think the new James would let Cruor have one chance.”
“But we must make sure,” I replied, “imagine that he isn't dead, and that he's waiting for us.”
“I can't take any decisions here, kid,” Sinen answered calmly, going back to carving his wood, “if you want to talk about your life plans, go to Glue.” He glared at Isen as he said his codename, and he pronounced it so darkly that I knew that there was something between them. I jumped off the stairs, landing on the ground quietly. Isen woke up shortly after Dippy did. Dippy stood up, stretching his arms longly. Isen yawned, putting a hand over his mouth, and he then sat up on the hammock, noticing me. I quickly stepped outside, to see what time it is.
Even though the clouds were almost dark, and that the Sun was behind them, I could distinguish a light above. I could say that it was six in the morning, approximately. I took a whiff of the new smell the wind had brought us, and it didn't really change the wretched odor that normally lurked in this place. I went back inside, closing the door. Isen turned the light on, and lifted his one eye to look at me. Behind him, I could see Sinen glaring at Isen.
“Isen,” I muttered.
“Mh?” he replied briefly.
“I'm going to get to the point,” I warned, “we need to get Cruor back.”
“You don't even know if he's still alive,” Isen answered.
“But we don't know if he's dead, do we?” I replied, “You see, if he wasn't shot down, he must've been taken away to be experimented on.”
“And killed, so it's two options which have the same end,” Isen replied.
“But imagine if he's not dead yet, and waiting for us,” I answered, “we need to check, Isen.” Isen stood silent for a while, and he looked at the ground, putting his hand up to his forehead. He started walking in circles.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

At one moment, he stopped, and turned his head to me.
“I guess you're right,” he answered. I lightened. “we need to check if Cruor's not dead. We depart immediately.” He looked around. “Grieve and I will go,” he mentioned. Sinen lifted his head, stopping his carving, to look at Isen, “you stay,” he added, to me.
“I thought you failed your last infiltration mission,” I remarked, “with only two men, it won't change anything. I'm coming.”
“And I'm coming too,” Owen grunted, standing up. Isen turned to Owen, then turned to Dippy.
“If the girls ask where we're one,” Isen said quietly to Gin, “explain them everything. We're going.” Dippy nodded weakly, and we all looked at each other. I turned around, and opened the Its door again. Isen hopped out, and Owen followed. Sinen jumped down the stairs, and walked over to the door, stepping over each of the lying down member's heads, and he stepped out into the open. I followed Sinen, and I closed the door silently behind me. I turned my stare to each of us.
The alley where we were was dark, and it was damp, as always. Maybe I should qualify it as 'normal' by now. A small breeze shook our hair out of our faces, and we each took out a gun from out of nowhere. I made sure mine was locked and loaded. After we checked, we took one last glance at each other, and we started running. We jumped over garbage cans, climbed over metal fences, heaved ourselves up walls. Nothing was stopping us to get to ALSAN.
For a split second, when I was about to turn, I thought I saw James, snickering evilly at me. I stopped quickly. Owen turned around.
“What are you doing?” he asked. I gulped.
“Nothing,” I muttered. I continued running, and Owen followed me. I ran behind Sinen and Isen, who were at the same running speed. They could sprint faster and longer than Owen and I could, but we managed to keep up by at least five meters. We had to cross populated roads and squares to get to the other side of the city. I recognized the road that James used to take to get me here, back to ALSAN. It reminded me of Jackie. My face darkened, and I quickly shook the thoughts away, lengthening my stride and fastening my pace.
After a long time, we managed to get out of the city. We all stopped at one point, and we panted for breath. Sinen straightened, and looked around.
“This is useless,” he muttered, “if we lose our energy like this, we'll all be killed in no time.”
“He's right,” Isen quietly squeaked, through two gasps. Sinen walked calmly over to a car, and he looked inside. There was nobody inside the small red vehicle. He casted a few glances inside, and he beckoned us closer. We each slowly stepped up to the vehicle.
“Stealing a car,” Sinen muttered, “part one: Watch and learn.” He threw his fist into the air, and slammed it against the window. The glass broke, sending shards everywhere. Isen took one step back, by reflex. I just lifted my arms instinctively. Sinen then picked off the lock from inside, and opened the car. A loud alarm was heard throughout the atmosphere, and the lights started to shine repeatedly. Sinen opened the door brutally, almost slamming it against Isen. He stepped in, taking out his knife. He kicked right next to the driver's wheel, opening an electric case. Sinen put his knife in his mouth, and took out two wires, one red, one blue from the insides of the car. He grabbed his blade, and he cut the two wires. The alarm stopped. I lifted my eyebrows, smirking furtively. Sinen then took out three more wires, and cut them. The engine started, and the electric km/h meter showed up. He gave us a thumbs up.
“I'll drive,” Isen muttered, getting into the car.
“You're in craze, man?” Sinen snapped, “I got this baby, I drive!” Isen rolled his eyes, and shut the door behind him. Owen and I stepped into the panting vehicle, and we sat at the back. I closed the door behind me, and Sinen pushed the accelerator.
“I hope you ain't scared of speed, kiddos,” Sinen warned.
“It's barely thirty right now,” Owen replied, “but it's going up pretty damn quick.”
Owen was right. The meter was showing higher and higher numbers. Soon enough, all of us, except Sinen, all put our security belts. 50, 60, 70... The numbers were going up by tens each six seconds. Soon enough, we came at one hundred and forty km/h. I tried to show that I was breathing calmly, but when you were in a car, with a murderous killer at the wheel, it wasn't anything to be calm about. Luckily for us, there weren't any speed detectors, nor any other cars. Sinen pushed on a button of the radio, and soon, 'Back To The Innocence' of 'Seven And The Sun' started playing. Isen still seemed uncomfortable, sitting next to Sinen. I kept my eyes on him at all times. We all cramped ourselves to our chairs, but Sinen was calm, and he was trying to get to the ALSAN building as fast as possible.
And we arrived there quickly. The car screeched at the ending turn, and we were nearly all thrown onto the opposite doors. After the bumps and such, I took off my security belt, and I jumped out of the vehicle. Isen and Sinen did the same, and Owen followed slowly. We all looked up at the building. It was huge, as I remembered it. It brought dark thoughts into my mind. Sinen took out his gun, and charged it. He started walking towards the ALSAN building.
“Wait!” I shouted. He stopped, and turned to me. “We need to get inside as furtively as possible!”
“Gun's right,” Isen remarked, “we need to use one of the windows.” Sinen glared at Isen, but he slowly nodded anyways.
“I remember this side of the building,” I mentioned, “if we continue straight forwards, if my memory isn't playing tricks on me, we can get to the medical sector of this building by using one of this facade's windows.”
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 7:58 pm

Isen glanced at Sinen, and Isen nodded quickly. He turned around, and walked calmly over to the building, followed by Sinen and Owen and me. We slowly came closer to the ALSAN building.
Sinen stepped up, and stopped us quickly.
“Watch out,” he murmured.
“What is it?” Isen asked, taking out his gun. Sinen did the same, and he was followed by e, and then Owen. We all aimed our weapons at the ALSAN society.
“Cameras,” Sinen muttered, lifting his gun, “there are three of them. I'll take 'em out.”
He closed one eye, and he pulled the trigger. A gunshot was heard, and a black box that was hanging from the wall fell onto the ground. Sinen was a very good aim. He then tilted his gun slightly to the left, and fired again, and quickly changed his position, and fired once again. Two boxes fell down onto the ground. A faraway crunch was heard as they hit the ground.
“We need to go quickly now,” Sinen mentioned, “once they notice that some cameras are down, they'll know there are some intruders.” I nodded quickly, and I began running towards the building, followed by Isen. Sinen and Owen fllowed me, and Sinen caught up. He slammed his back against the wall, right under a window. He cupped his hands together, and waited for me. I jumped onto his hands, and he heaved me upwards. I caught the rim of the window, and I pulled myself up. I elbowed the glass, and the fixation broke, making the window fall open. It slammed against the wall on the side. I climbed inside, and I jumped onto the ground of the medical sector, as planned.
As I thouht, there were many kuijin, under drapes and cloths, in the medical sector. Some had red spots on their sheets. I gulped, and I started to look around. I was lucky that there weren't any nurses. Isen appeared after me, followed by Owen. They both landed heavily on the ground. I lifted my gun, and I pulled the trigger at one of the cameras. A metal thunk was heard, and it echoed through the whole room as the camera fell onto the ground. Owen put himself against the wall, and I jumped onto his shoulders. Isen climbed on my back, and stood on my shoulders, leaning over the border of the window frame. He held a hand out to Sinen. I grabbed his feet, and Owen started pulling Sinen up. We soon fell over. I had to roll away, to not take Sinen's shoulder in my face. Isen landed easily on his feet, and he stood up, looking around. Sinen also stood up, pushing off his hands. Owen crawled back up to his feet. We all looked around.
“Well,” I muttered, “we're in.”
“But it's not done yet,” Isen replied, “we still need to find where Cruor is.” Sinen stepped up to one of the ill, putting a hand on the patient's forehead. The kuijin whimpered, and Sinen let a low growl escape from his mouth. He sharply turned to us.
“I'm really going to crunch that guy's head once I find him,” he said aggressively.
“Not yet, Grieve,” Isen answered, “our goal right now is to find Cruor.” Sinen grunted and walked up to the doors of the medical sector. He put his back against the wall, and he lifted his gun, eying the doors closely. I followed him, and I put my back on the other side of the doors. I also lifted my gun. Owen pointed his weapon at the doors, and so did Isen.
“Ready, guys?” I called out, “at three. One... Two...”
“Three!” Sinen shouted. He kicked the doors, making them swing open. He lowered his gun, to point into the halls. I also darted out from behind the wall, aiming into the long corridor. Owen and Isen crept up behind us, also aiming their weapons. We made a small wall of armed teens, all aiming their dangerous arms into nothingness.
“We're on the first floor,” Sinen remarked, “that means the largest. Who's for scattering to try and find Cruor?”
“I am,” I muttered. I didn't like to admit it, but I had better capacities when I worked alone.
“I ain't,” Isen replied, “if we scatter around here, we'll all be shot down one by one like flies.”
“Glue,” Sinen retorted, “if we don't divide, we'll never find Cruor!”
“I'm your leader!” Isen shouted. There was a medium-sized pause. “We stay grouped,” Isen muttered, turning his head to the corridor. Sinen growled fiercely under his throat, but he paid no more notice to Isen. Men started to leak from one of the halls. We each fired our weapons, and we noticed that all the men had fallen onto the ground, dead. Sinen started advancing into the hall, followed by the rest of us. He darted his gun in many directions, checking for other men or guards.
We padded through the hall, our feet echoing for a while inside the long corridors. Our faint reflections shined on the glass-like surface that the ALSAN society used for walking on. We continued advancing inside the hall, aiming our weapons in different directions.
“Be always alert,” Isen advised.
As I walked through the long corridors, that reminded me of the choices I had to make, my face darkened. It reminded me of thoughts I would never like to have. My father was killed here, and I wasn't going to forget that. He was killed by James. I had my revenge on him. But ere, I was about to kill for the sake of one man. That I didn't even know properly. Is this what I need? I thought, what I want?
A barrage of men poured out from one of the halls. We all shot repeatedly at the wall of humans. They all fell down, like the leaves do in Fall. Soon, a pile of dead were lying there. Sinen only needed one shot to kill. He aimed at the head. I need two or three shots. I checked my ammo. There was still enough for a while. I stepped up to one of the men, who didn't seem completely dead. I pulled his face towards mine.
“Tell us where Cruor is!” He wheezed.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 7:58 pm

“Cruor?” he croaked.
“Cruor Aerimn!” I repeated, “Where the hell is he!”
“Oh...” He replied slowly, “This is for him?”
“Just tell me where he is!”
“You come a little,” the man coughed some blood on my clothing, and I twisted my face in disgust, “late, boy...”
“Where is he?!” I yelled.
“In the...” he wheezed, and his head started to go limp, “Heating... Room...” He fell. He was dead. I took my hand off him.
“What did he say?” Sinen asked abruptly.
“We need to move,” I replied, “Cruor's in the heating room.”
“Shit!” Owen exclaimed. He stepped up to a map glued onto the wall. He pointed at the map, and he grazed his finger on the plastic surface. He then poked at a certain area. “Heating Room! We need to turn here, and head straight forwards!”
Owen started to run. He jumped over the bodies, and dashed to his right. We all glanced at each other, and we followed him closely. We sprinted as fast as we could to where Owen had mentioned. As we need to turn again, more men came out. Sinen swiftly lifted his weapon, and shot all three in the head before they could do anything. They all fell on the ground heavily, and we continued our path.
A door appeared, with 'Heating Room' marked on it. Owen tried to open it by using the handle, but it snapped off in his hands. He threw it at the ground, and he rammed into the door. It didn't budge. Owen tried again, along with Sinen, and the door smashed open, propelling bits of cement on the ground. There was an immense light, that was present inside the room. We each lifted our arms to protect our eyes. And, as the room mentions, it was as hot as hell inside. I reached to the side of the door, and I felt a button. I pushed on it, and the lights went dimmer, but it still lit the room. We each lowered our arms, and Owen took an uneasy step forwards.
“No!” He yelled, “No!” He crouched next to the metal chair, in the middle of the room. A recognizable body was found sitting on the chair. A black fedora was lying on the ground, under Cruor's dried, limping head, which had fallen backwards in agony. I lowered my head. Sinen stared at Cruor, emotionless. Isen turned around, pointing his gun into the hall.
“No!” Owen yelled, “He's... He's!”
“Dead,” Sinen replied coldly. He turned to Isen. “I told you it was no use.”
“We couldn't of known,” Isen mumbled, “at least now we're sure.”
“How could they have done this?!” Owen shouted, clenching his hand into a fist, and slamming it onto the white ground, “How could they?!”
“They're James' men,” Sinen snapped, “do their actions surprise you?”
“I'm going to kill them!” Owen yelled, “Kill them all! Avenge Gills!”
“I'm starting to like you,” Sinen replied, smirking, locking his gun.
“No,” Isen replied darkly, “our goal is finished. We made sure. We need to get out of here as fast as possible.”
Owen wanted to shout something, but I put my hand up to his mouth before he did. I could understand his rage and fury. I could understand every one of his actions. Cruor was one of his friends. Maybe his only one in all the Its. I felt the same rage against James, maybe even at a higher degree. But I knew why he was so enraged. Owen stomped out of the room, lifting his gun at the hall. He shot down two running men. They fell down, and slid on the ground for at least a meter before stopping. Isen nodded at Sinen and me, and we both stepped out of the room, leaving Cruor's dried out body inside the room.
“We can't go back the same way we came,” Isen remarked, as I closed the door silently, “We need to go out... By the roof.”
Sinen's eyes widened, and he glared at Isen. Isen casted a glance at Sinen, and then turned away. “Let's not waste any more time,” he muttered, “let's go!”
Owen quickly nodded, and started dashing into the hall. Isen followed him, closely followed by Sinen and me. We reached a staircase, and we quickly dashed up the stairs. I remembered the time where Haylyn and I had ran up the same stairs. I looked back, and shot down three more men who were chasing us. They fell limply on the stairs, falling down, rolling afterwards. Sinen was the first to appear on the second floor, and he expertly killed five more men to himself. He checked his ammo afterwards. He frowned, and he continued dashing up more stairs. Isen and Owen followed him. I stayed behind, looking backwards once in a while to check if no guards were chasing us. I was beginning to feel tired. We kept running up the stairs as fast as we could, and at the end of the fourth, when we were at the fifth story, we all went up the last stairs. Tiredly, I tried running up, but I couldn't stabilize myself well, and I almost fell down. I turned around, and I shot somebody in the head, by mistake. I gasped, and my eyes widened. I had noticed how easy it had been, to aim and to shoot somebody in the head, instantly killing them. It was so easy. I snickered to myself, and I dashed up the stairs, as if my energy had came back to me instantly.
Sinen continued up, and he kicked a door. It slammed open, and light poured down inside the stairs. Head lowered, I advanced upwards. I soon noticed that I was stepping on flat ground. I looked up, and I saw that I was pretty high up in the sky. I was walking on the concrete rooftop of the ALSAN society.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

Owen slammed the door and locked it behind us, and he walked towards us. We all checked our ammo. Sinen had no more shots. Isen had two more, and Owen no more. I had one more bullet. We each looked at each other.
“Okay, we're at the top,” I panted, “now to get down.”
“We aren't going down just yet,” Sinen snapped, scowling at Isen. Isen turned around, and glared back at Sinen with his one eye.
“Why not?” Owen asked, letting his gun drop on the floor.
“Grieve and I have some things to get done with,” Isen explained.
“I knew it,” I retorted, “you guys are really rivals!”
“Of course we are,” Sinen hissed, not taking his look off Isen, “ever since THAT happened.”
“Ever since what?” Owen demanded, his hands clenched into fists.
“I guess it is time you explain, Grieve,” Isen remarked, frowning at Sinen.
Sinen scowled back at Isen. “I'll say it how it all happened,” Sinen explained, “in 2007, when Tlynen Igris was about to die, there was a... Problem.”
“What problem?” I asked.
“Shut up, kid!” Sinen retorted, “The problem was that Tlynen couldn't choose between me and Glue. That's when our rivalry was born. After a small lapse of time, we were sent to an infiltration mission of the ALSAN society. We got there all right. We were only us two. But, then, this dim-witted idiotic wolf said tat it was impossible for us two to get inside, as there were too many guards. He underestimated me. I could wipe out every guard there was in that building, if I needed to. We broke into the Alsan building, and we clashed on the rooftop of the ALSAN building,” Sinen explained, tapping his foot on the grond, “this very roof that we're on. He shot me in my shoulder, and I fell over that side,” Sinen continued, pointing behind Isen, “Isen thought I was dead, and he went back to the Its, telling the members I was dead. He became leader. But, at the last moment, before I fell off completely from this six story building, I grabbed the window ledge just under. I managed to pull myself up, using one arm. I got away, and I came back to the Its. I learned that Isen was made leader. It was only after two years that I decided to come back, and take my revenge. I was the one supposed to be leader!”
I stared wide-eyed at both the rivals. James was right. Everybody here has a lie of their own, that they had before. Owen just stared into nothingness. I noticed that Isen had his gun in his hand again.
“I have two bullets,” he muttered, “I could save them to kill you immediately, but I prefer a loyal battle.” He swayed his arm to the side, and aimed it at Owen. He pulled the trigger, and Owen was shot in the chest. “Without any intrusions.” He then aimed the gun at me. I took one step back. I didn't have time to lift my weapon.
Just as Isen was about to pull the trigger, Sinen pounced on him. Isen fell backwards, and he let go of his weapon, which slid to one of the borders of the rooftop. Sinen had taken out his blade, and the only thing that was refraining him from cutting Isen's throat was that Isen pushed him off immediately.
The battle started between the two. Isen grabbed one of the metal bars that were lied against the wall. Sinen did the same. Grieve turned the bar expertly around his body, in an intimidation attempt. But a wolf isn't easily drawn back from it's prey. They both growled at each other, and they lunged.
Both of the sticks hit each other, making a loud clanging sound resonate in the air. They both scowled at each other, but Sinen had more strength. He pushed, and Isen had to take one step backwards. Sinen crouched, and gave a sweeping kick to Isen, who toppled sideways, losing balance. Isen caught himself with one hand, and he spinned the stick around his body, blocking the blow Sinen was just about to give. Isen, crouched, pushed off his leg, pushing on Sinen. Using Sinen's strength, he jumped up, and gave a blow to Sinen's knees. Sinen yelled, and he swiftly turned his blade, to hit Isen on his shoulder blades. They both hopped away from each other.
I was helpless. I couldn't do anything. I would be interfering a battle that they ad both planned if I shot one of them, and I would most probably get killed right after that. The clash continued. Just as they were about to make impact against each other as they rushed, Sinen crouched under Isen's blow, turning on his feet, and then lifting his weapon into Isen's stomach. Isen hacked, and he fell on his back, still gripping on his weapon. Sinen wasted no time, and continued with a downwards attack, which was blocked by Isen, by pushing the stick away with his weapon before it landed. Isen frog-kicked Sinen in the chest, and Sinen had his air pushed out. Sinen took three uncertain steps backwards, and recovered instantly. He turned around, turning the stick around his body to deconcentrate Isen, but Isen managed to block Sinen's next hit by shoving the poll into the ground. As Sinen's attack made impact with Isen's weapon, Sinen was pushed away, shaking because of the impact waves inside his weapon. Isen took no notice of that, and used his extra time, to give a blow into Sinen's back.
Sinen yelled, and he fell to the ground, using his hands to keep himself up. Isen was about to give a blow in Sinen's head, that Sinen quickly turned around on himself, letting Isen's blow hit the ground. Isen felt the impact shock rise up into him. Sinen then quickly gave a kick upwards, hitting Isen in his face. Isen fell backwards, onto his back, letting go of the metal bar. Sinen dashed to him, and picked him up, turning around on himself, and heaving him, to throw him near the rooftop rim. Isen's head hit the border, and he shouted of pain.
Sinen slowly walked to Isen, who had blood dripping from his head. Isen squinted at Sinen.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 7:59 pm

Sinen picked up Isen, and pulled his head towards his Sinen snarled at Isen.
“It seems like another truth is proven,” Sinen hissed.
“A...” Isen murmured, “Truth?”
“The one that I should have been leader,” Sinen snapped.
A gunshot was heard. The noise trembled in the air, and it echoed in my mind for a while. I looked down at Isen's and. He had grabbed the gun, and had pinned it on Sinen's shoulder without him noticing. Sinen had cried victory too quickly. Sinen coughed. Isen put his feet to the grouns, and slowly turned around, gripping Sinen. He turned Sinen's back to the large nothingness, that was present after the rooftop.
“The truth seems to be a lie,” Isen muttered, “and lies hurt, don't they?”
“This reminds me...” Sinen coughed, “...Of what happened two years ago.”
Isen pushed Sinen, who took one step back. He toppled over the edge, falling backwards. Isen lowered his head, and he lifted his gun at me. He scowled at me with his one, piercing eye. I quickly drew one breath, terrified of who Isen really was. He breathed calmly, the blood trickling over his scarred eye. His hand gripped the gun tightly. He pulled the trigger.
Click.
I gasped, thinking that the bullet had been shot. But the clicking sound reminded me of when I was about to save my father. The clicking noise. Isen had used his two last bullets. His scowling eye widened, and his hand began to shake. I crouched down next to my gun, and I coiled my long fingers around the handle. I pulled my index to the trigger, and I stood up, aiming at Isen. He was breathing heavily now.
“You were like James, after all,” I murmured, “die.” I pulled the trigger, and the shot echoed through the air, piercing the surrounding silence. A blade of blood shot through Isen's chest, and he fell down backwards. I lowered my gun, and I lifted my hand to my face, wiping my tears. “You little crummy bastard,” I whispered to myself, walking over to him. He wasn't dead yet. I crouched near him, gently dropping my gun to his side. He tilted his head weakly to stare at me with his one eye.
“I...” he murmured slowly, “Didn't have any luck with my life.”
“I know,” I replied, the tears falling out of my eyes. Even though I didn't ever like Isen as a friend, I was grieving for him. I wondered why. Maybe because I had killed someone who had done nothing to me, except for help. “Just... Rest.”
Isen lifted his hand slowly to grab the collar of my shirt. He pulled me to him.
“Please,” he whispered, in the corner of my ear, “take care of my baby.” I frowned, squeezing more tears out of my eyes. I looked at Isen sadly.
“You...” I muttered, “Were the father?”
“Take care of Pandora!” he whispered, as loudly as he could. His hand shook on my shirt. I grabbed it slowly, and I pulled it off. I nodded slowly, letting one last tear escape my eye. It fell on Isen's scarred cheek, and it trickled down to the ground. He smiled weakly, and his head went limp. I stood up, and I noticed the puddle of blood Isen was lying in. His arm that he had used to grab hold of me, was outstretched, in my direction. I sniffed, and I wiped my gleaming eyes with my dirty sleeve. I slowly backed away, to the edge of the building. I turned around, facing the nothingness.
I could just jump, I thought, and take all this away from me. It's just... Easy. Erasing all these memories, in just one simple action. I felt my legs flex. I tightly closed my eyes, and I spread my arms forwards.
“Hey!”
I fell backwards, on my back. I quickly pushed myself to my feet, and I scampered over to the edge of the rooftop, peering over. I scanned the walls with my green eyes. I saw a man, grabbing the window ledge just under. He looked up at me. It was Sinen. His two black fringes fell on the sides of his head, as he dangled over nothingness.
“Care to give me a hand?” he asked. I nodded quickly, and I bent over the ledge, lending out my hand. He used his available hand, to grip mine. His face twisted in pain, as he felt the suffering in his shoulder. I firmly grabbed his hand. And I pushed my feet against the border of the rooftop. I leaned backwards, heaving Sinen up. He raised one leg, and he put it onto the roof. He pushed himself up to his legs, and Sinen pushed against his knees with one hand to stand up.
“You're still... Alive?” I stuttered.
“Of course I am, kid,” Sinen snapped, “Isen never thinks clearly. I somehow knew that I was going to fall off at the same place like two years ago.”
“Isen's dead,” I replied quietly.
“Well, he's lucky,” Sinen hissed, “because he wouldn't like me finding him alive.” Sinen looked around, noticing Isen's dead body. I heard a cough from behind me, and I turned around. Owen. I had forgotten about him. I dashed to him, crouching down by his side. Sinen stood over him.
“So, big guy's still alive, huh?” Sinen asked. Owen smiled weakly.
“It takes more than one bullet,” Owen coughed, letting blood escape from his mouth, “to kill a bear, dumbass.”
Sinen smirked, and crouched next to him. He inspected the wound closely, and Sinen frowned.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 7:59 pm

“Damn, you've got some thick bear skin,” Sinen remarked, “well, it's impossible to take out the bullet. We need to have certain tools for that. I can't fit my two fingers inside your wound without stretching it, which would kill you sooner or later,” he explained.
“What about you?” I asked.
“I went through it once,” Sinen explained, “I can do it a second time.” He groaned in pain, lifting his hand to his wound, but he then dropped it, pushing off the ground. Owen tried to sit up, and he barely managed without Sinen's and my help. Owen was heavier than I had thought. He must've weighed more than a hundred kilograms. But that wasn't surprising for a bear. And he was huge anyways. We started walking to the border of the building.
“Now what?” I muttered under my breath.
“Two years ago,” Sinen explained, “I morphed into my soul animal to get out of here.”
“Can't you do the same thing now?” I asked.
“Carrying a bear, that weighs a fucking lot?” Sinen snapped, “You're kidding.”
“Do you think we have any choice?” I asked sarcastically, turning my head up to glare at him, “We have no weapons, no ammo, two of us are wounded, one can barely move, and James' men will come up here sooner or later.” Sinen frowned, and looked around. The only things that were present on the rooftop were metal bars.
“I guess then we'll have to take some risks, then,” Sinen muttered, “I could be able to climb down...”
“Well then, let's do it,” I said sternly.
“With one arm?” Sinen reminded me.
“Shit,” I cursed.
The door banged once. We each turned our heads to the entrance. It was still closed. People were trying to get out. Sinen crouched and grabbed one of the metal bars. I grabbed another, and we delicately put Owen's body down on the ground. His breathing was slow and deep. Sinen and I both prepared to fight with the metal weapons. Our grips tensed on the cold bars, as we stared aggressively at the door, which slammed again. I took one step backwards. Sinen kept his ground, and let a low growl escape from his mouth. He quickly morphed into his soul animal.
He let go of the metal bar, and it clanged onto the ground. His face elongated, and his eyes bulged out. His hair slunk back into his head, and his fringes stood up into the air. Mandibles replaced his mouth, as well as many small teeth. He grew a second pair of legs, and his arms cracked into a different position. Spikes grew on his forearms, as another articulation grew onto his arms. His body itself grew, and lengthened. He was growing huge. A praying mantis kuijin is normally huge, because the mass is proportionate to the size in kuijin transformation. So insect kuijin, who are normally pretty rare because of the complexity of their morph, had huge Soul animals. Sinen's clothes ripped as he grew even more. Shreds of cloth and leather fell on the ground.
“We're going to die if we stay here,” I uttered quietly. The metal door slammed again, hiding the last part of my sentence. But it seemed that Sinen understood anyways.
“We can't get all three of us down,” he snapped, his voice being distorted by his soul animal form. I smirked, managing to understand what he was hissing.
“Who says we need to get all three?” I replied. Sinen stared at me, and his right antennae twitched. He tilted his head at me. I knew he was smiling.
“You're saying that we should...” he began.
“It's either him, or all of us,” I answered. Sinen turned his head to the door as it got smashed again. A dent appeared in the metal door.
“Get on,” he hissed. I let go of my metal bar, and I grabbed his right, spiked forearm, heaving myself on his gigantic insect body. I crawled up to his thorax, winding my arms tightly around his body, hanging for dear life. His wings snapped out from behind the thick carapace on his abdomen, and they started beating fiercely. A loud humming noise surrounded the area, entering my ears. “I can't fly,” he warned, “we'll need to soar. Hang on!” Sinen sharply turned around, and pushed off from the rooftop. The wings flapped even harder, and we flew forwards, descending lightly. He aimed for the car that we had left earlier. My arms tightened around his body, and I closed my eyes tightly, trying to block out the loud noise that made me feel uncomfortable. My clothing flapped as the wind that was propelled by Sinen's wings made impact against me. I looked back, mentally giving Owen one last goodbye.
We landed heavily on the ground, and the wings stopped flapping. I fell over onto the earth, and I coiled into a ball to go against my fast descent. I stopped, and got up to my feet, looking up at Sinen,who was changing back to human. He quickly morphed back to his anthropomorphic shape, losing his wings and his antennae. His second pair of legs slid back into his body, and his arms cracked as they lost the third articulation. He rose up on his feet as he finished his morph, his two fringes dangling in front of his forehead. He arched his back backwards.
“Gah!” he yelled. I ran up to catch him before he fell on the ground.
“What's happening?” I asked quickly.
“The heat,” Sinen answered quietly, “when I flap my wings, it provokes heat. A mantis body is able to support it, but a human body leaves to desire.” He arched again, putting one hand to his back in a shot of pain. I coiled my arm around his body, and we headed for the car. Sinen felt humiliated, and pushed me away violently, running to the vehicle by himself.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

He opened the door, swinging his arm behind him, and he went back into the car. I followed him, and I sat up front, buckling myself. Sinen had to grip on his clothes with one hand to prevent them from falling. He grabbed the wheel, and turned to reverse. The car went quickly backwards. Sinen then pushed the accelerator, in forwards, and we shot out of sight. Sinen rolled onto the road that James and I used to take to get back to the city.

A while after, we appeared right next to the alley that lead to the Its' hideout. Sinen cut another wire by pulling it, because he had lost his blade when his jacket had ripped. We both stepped out into the car as fast as possible, heading into the dark alley. We didn't want anybody to see. Sinen was still hurting because of the bullet stuck in his shoulder. He had to run only using one arm, making it look awkward. We soon arrived to the door, and I quickly opened it.
Nayru, Jamina, Dippy, Seir and Pandora looked up at us with eyes that became worried after a few seconds. We both stepped inside, and I closed the door after Sinen. He carefully lied himself down on one of the mattresses. We were both panting.
“What happened?” Jamina asked. Nayru was still depressed about Cruor's death. I wondered why. I then shook my head, and concentrated on the question Jamina had just asked me.
“There was,” I began, taking a pause, to take a breath, “a big problem.” Sinen groaned, after said the sentence. I casted a glance at him, and I walked over to him. I crouched at his side, and I inspected the wound.
“Where's Isen?” Pandora asked. My face darkened, but I tried not to show it.
“Isen won't come,” Sinen groaned, “and nor will Gills and Grunt.”
“Where are they?!” Pandora yelled, standing up. Seir felt scared, and he backed away from his nurse, coiling into a tight ball. Sinen tilted his head to look at Pandora. I didn't want to talk about Isen to her, now that I knew everything.
“Still back there, idiot!” he retorted. I calmly put his head back down on the mattress.
“Don't move,” I murmured.
“You mean they're...?!” Pandora began, backing away by one step.
“Dead,” Sinen replied coldly, “what else?” Pandora stood silent. She turned around, and headed for the door. Her black cloak swayed gently in the air as she stopped next to the door. She coiled her fingers around the knob, and she quietly opened the door. She stepped out into the open, and she slammed the door behind her.
“Okay, that away,” I muttered, “anyone got something we can use to take the bullet out of a hole?”
Dippy looked at Jamina, and then looked back at me. “We can use Galop's belt,” he remarked.
“Not even in your dreams,” the girl replied aggressively. I walked up to her, and I loomed over her. She was sitting, coiled in a tight ball. Her blond hair shined as she lifted her head to follow me with her eyes.
“Jamina,” I muttered, “we're not playing big perverts with you right now. This is of the utmost importance.” She looked up at me, lifting one eyebrow. “Just take off your damn belt!” I yelled. She was taken aback. Her hands crept up to her belt, and she flicked off the buckle. She slid her belt off her pants, and she handed it over to me. I grabbed it firmly, as she pulled her pants back up. She kept her two hands on her trousers, eying Dippy in a hostile manner.
I laid the belt down by Sinen's side. I looked around. “I need two thin and long objects to get the bullet out. The buckle is one. Where can we find another?” I asked. Dippy stood up, and he looked at himself. He patted his being sweater, and shook his blue shorts. He shoved his hands into his pockets, and he took out a small, thin metal stick.
“Will this do?” he asked.
“Perfect,” I answered, snatching the object from his hands. I stepped over to Sinen, and I crouched over him. He opened one of his eyes to throw a piercing look at me. “This will hurt a bit,” I muttered.
“I've been through it once,” he whispered, “I can go through it again.”
I nodded feverishly, and I inspected the wound, taking the golden buckle in one hand, and the metal item in the other. I could see Sinen's muscle tensed over the bullet, which was pretty deep. I gulped, and I inserted the metal object inside, and then I flicked the golden piece of metal used on a buckle to readjust the tightness inside the wound. Sinen squinted, and he closed his eyes tightly. I pushed the instruments deeper inside, and they went red with blood. My fingers also got partly stained with blood. I gripped on the bullet as good as I could, and I slowly pulled it out. My hands were shaking. Once I had the bullet out of the hole, I tossed it away. I took the belt, and I passed it to Jamina. I threw the metal stick to Dippy, who caught it in the air, and shoved it back into his pocket. Jamina quickly put her belt back on, after having cleaned off the blood, and she tightened it as good as she could.
Sinen sighed, and he tilted his head to me.
“Thanks, kid,” he muttered.
“I already said the kid has a name,” I replied, smirking weakly. I glanced around the dimly lit room. “I just need to find a piece of cloth with which I can tighten the wound to stop the bleeding.” I stood up, and I looked at Dippy. He shrugged. I then glanced at Jamina, who backed away, clinging to her belt. Nayru was sleeping, and Pandora was outside. “Fine,” I muttered to myself. I walked around the room, and I took one of the covers on one of the mattresses. I bit at the cover, and I pulled. It stretched, and ripped. I stopped pulling with my jaws, and I started ripping it off with my hands. It made a long piece of cloth. I stepped over to Sinen, and I crouched near him.
I lifted his arm calmly, and I put the strip of cloth under his shoulder. I started to wrap it around his shoulder, lifting his arm to pass the cloth under each time I needed to. At the end, I made a knot, and I tightened it quickly. Sinen squinted out of pain, and he tilted his head to look at me. He smirked at me, and I smiled back. I looked away, at the four other members that were present inside the room. Dippy, Nayru, Jamina and Seir.
“Now, let's get to serious business,” I remarked, standing up, “we have lost our leader, Isen Palingrad, in an infiltration mission to recover an already dead member, Cruor Aerimn. He was shot down by James' men, in year 2009.”
“Who is the next leader?” Seir asked quietly, tilting his head downwards shyly.
“The rules say that in the leader's last breath, they may choose another leader, right?” I asked. The four other members nodded. I turned my head, to notice that Sinen was glaring at me. I went hesitant. Am I supposed to say the truth, I thought, and say that the last word Isen pronounced was Pandora? And then risk myself against Sinen, who's most probably going to try to kill me? Or do I lie, saying that Isen chose Sinen, but then have the eternal regret of doing so? Gah, damn it, what do I do? I gulped silently, looking at all the members, then back at Sinen, who's determined stare always made me change my mind.
“Isen's last words were...” I began, worrying about the two outcomes of my answer. I quickly looked at the members, who were all waiting for my undecided answer, and then back at Sinen, who was mentally yelling at me to say his name. I felt uneasy for a while. I sat down heavily onto a hammock, and I put my face in my hands, thinking desperately. Is this what I want? What I need? I thought to myself. Should I be honest, or loyal?
“The new leader of the Its,” I announced quietly, “is Sinen Maraye,”
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 8:03 pm

The members of the Its stood, silent. I could barely hear them breathing. I heard a fly buzz around me. It started to annoy me. With the combination of the Its' silence, the fly's buzzing, and the thought that I had lied to the whole of the Its, probably for the worst, my annoyance level was pretty damn high.
I flicked out my arm, swiftly moving my hand in a whip-like motion. I caught the pitiful insect in between my thumb and index. I glared up at the members, who were all staring at Sinen, who had put his good arm under his head, staring up at the ceiling.
“Now, Grieve, may I continue with some valuable information that may be of an extreme importance?” I asked, turning my head to Sinen, and letting the fly go away. It buzzed angrily around my head, and flew away, before Sinen answered.
“That depends on the information,” he answered, turning his head to look back at me. I gulped.
“It concerns Pandora,” I replied, glancing at Dippy, “Gin may already know what I'm talking about.”
“If Gin and you know and and not me, I guess there's no trouble in informing me and the rest of the Its,” Sinen answered calmly. There was a small pause, between his response and my explanation. Dippy tilted his head at me, insisting that it should be talked about. I closed my eyes, and sighed, looking at the ground again.
“Actually, no,” I muttered, “nothing.”
There was another long silence, as I had expected. I had hesitated at the last moment, and Dippy stood up quickly. I glared at him, and he noticed my look. He calmly sat back down on the floor, burying his face into his hands.
“If it concerns Pandora, Dippy and you,” Sinen uttered abruptly, turning his head to look at me with his piercing eyes, “you need to talk about it.”
“I said no,” I replied, hopping off the hammock onto one of the mattresses, “and even your rank won't make me say anything until I think that the time is right.”
“Leorn...” Sinen growled.
“Shut up!” I shouted, clenching my hands into fists, scowling at Sinen, “Just shut your damn trap!” Sinen seemed unaffected by my anger. When I knew that I was the one who killed Isen, and that I knew Sinen was blinded by his determination to become leader, and that I had been loyal to the guy, I couldn't help myself but to let my fury loose.
“One day!” I yelled, pointing at Sinen. I was breathing rather heavily. I sighed deeply, trying to calm myself down. “one day. Something bad is going to happen, trust me.”
“Jesus Christ, Gun!” Dippy snapped, standing up, “Get a hold of yourself! You're beginning to say things that you don't even understand!”
My pointed hand was shaking. My rage suddenly disappeared from my body. I sat heavily onto the mattress, leaning on my back tiredly. I lifted one hand to my face, and I stretched it. I looked at it, and I saw it was shaking. What had I been thinking?
“I'm sorry...” I whispered, “It's just that... Knowing that so many deaths, all in one day, or nearly, just after I joined the Its...” I drifted away. I stopped shaking. “It makes me feel as if I'm the one responsible for all of it,” I mentioned. I knew I was lying. I didn't feel responsible at all. But neither did I think Sinen was responsible for it. Cruor had been taken by James' men. Isen ordered us to go to ALSAN. But who convinced him to do so?
Actually, right at that moment I thought of that, I did feel responsible. I had managed to get Isen and Sinen back into the clash, where it finished. And I had left Owen back on the ALSAN rooftop. Everything that I had done. It was all my fault. I felt terrible. The echoing, dark voices entered my head again. It was James' voice. He was telling me that I was a murderer. That I was a killer. And, to be honest, I didn't really try to contradict James within my mind.
I swiftly stood up, turning around quickly. I walked over the mattresses, heading silently for the door. I opened it, and it slammed against the wall behind. I stepped out into the damp alley, shoving the door back in place after I went out.
As I appeared in the alley, I heard quiet, painful sobs at my side. I turned my head around, and I noticed Pandora, her face buried in her hands, sitting on the kicked over garbage can, crouched into a tight ball. Her short black hair fell over her face, turned red from crying. I stood silent for a while, before deciding to step closer to the kuijin.
I grabbed a large cement brick, lying near the wall of a building. I pulled it towards Pandora, and I sat on it, leaning on my knees. I looked up at the female kuijin, who kept on crying. I saw the tears drop from her face onto the ground. Her hands rose to the sides of her head, clenching onto her hair tightly, pulling it slightly.
“What are you doing here?” she sobbed, “Go away...”
“Thanks for the warm welcome,” I replied sarcastically, “look, Pandora, there's something we need to talk about.”
“Shut up and leave me alone...” she whimpered. I sighed quietly, rolling my eyes. I then turned my emerald gaze at the female. I dropped a hand onto Pandora's shoulder. She tried pushing it off, but she was weak from crying so much.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 5:39 pm

“It was Isen's, hm?” I asked.
“Why would you care?” she hissed, putting her two hands back to the sides of her head. Her hair spiked up where her hands pushed up. I had to admit that it wasn't the answer I had expected at first.
“Because Isen was my friend, perhaps?” I replied. She slowly turned her head up to me, putting her hands to her chin to keep her head up. “Look,” I continued, letting my hand slide off her shoulder, “I know that it's Isen's. He said it to me before he... Died.”
“It doesn't matter now,” she murmured, tilting her head downwards, letting her black hair fall over her forehead.
“Isen asked me to take care of it,” I said honestly. Pandora looked up at me, her brown eyes gleaming still with unshed tears. “until you give birth,” I completed.
“No...” Pandora whispered, “no... It's too late now, now that Isen is... Gone. I've been thinking of abortion.”
“What will the hospital think of some weird, half swallow half wolf being? Even not fully formed?” I replied, casually, “I think doctors know how a true human fetus looks like, Pandora.”
“I can't take care of it,” Pandora answered sternly. “Not alone”
“You're not alone,” I answered, also standing up, “I'm telling you, please let me do what Isen asked me.”
Pandora glared at me for a long time. She wiped the last tears from her eyes, and took a deep breath. She quickly budged me out of her way, and she went back inside the Its' hideout. I blinked, shocked, at the door, as it slammed closed. Is it me, I thought, or is the whole freaking world against me?!
I sighed, and closed my eyes, sitting back on the block. I lifted my hand to scratch the back of my head, ruffling my black hair. I passed my right hand on my cheek, wondering what to do at that moment. I looked up, and the sight of a certain man made my heart jump.
James was in front of me. For a moment, I had though he was real. His white hair swayed gently as a calm breeze entered the alley. He smiled at me, like he always did. It felt normal after a while, being smiled at by the man you killed. Even though you still had a dark sensation in your chest.
“So, Leorn, not going to well?” James remarked quietly.
“Thanks for the reminder,” I replied.
“Now, now,” James answered, advancing towards me, crouching in front of me to be at my height, “you were confused of what happened. Anybody would've made an error back there.”
“I wasn't confused when I thought of leaving Owen there,” I snapped.
“Sacrifices need to be done in life, Leorn,” James answered.
“Tell me, James,” I mentioned calmly, turning my head up to the man, “what do I truly need?”
“As I said before,” James answered smirking, standing up slowly, putting his arms behind his back, “only you will know when I'll never come back.”
“Well, it seems that what I truly need and want is not here,” I muttered coldly.
“Maybe,” James admitted, “but maybe you didn't search for it enough.”
“How can I get it if everyone is against me?” I asked darkly.
“I won't answer that, Leorn,” he replied, “then again, you could abandon to your life.”
I glared up a him, blowing a strand of my black hair away from my vision.
“It's quite easy,” James explained, “you just need to go to ALSAN, and then my men kill you, and you shall serve as one of my best experiments and testers.”
“Nice,” I replied coldly.
“But all that is your choice, Leorn,” James muttered, beginning to disappear. His body started coiling around me. “You could also try to find your family again...” He faded away, disappearing into nothingness. I thought about that. Maybe I could go away... I thought, and try to find them, somehow... I shook my head. No, I remembered, I need to do what Isen asked me.
The whole day passed silently, with no attacks coming from James' men. They had probably gotten what they had wanted. Sinen was sleeping under the covers, his wound still healing. His wound seemed to recover pretty fast. But, then again, as he was an insect, it was understandable. Dippy brought back less food than usual, counting that we were only six in the Its instead of ten previously. We were all quiet, even until night came. Dippy and Nayru were sleeping early. I had discovered that Nayru was depressive. I supposed that she might have loved Cruor, until he came to die. Near 11:00 PM, I went out of the Its' hideout. I looked up at the moon, through the narrow pass the tight constructions left not bothered.
I leaned myself backwards, pushing on my arms to keep looking at the shining moon. There wasn't a cloud in the dark sky, unlike in the morning that same day. A cold breeze drifted through the alley. I shifted my position, to get a more comfortable way of looking at the white moon. I sighed gently, wondering what I should do. Nothing came to mind. My black hair swayed like dark grass in a vast meadow, the cold, ghastly trees looming over me, just like the buildings. I felt a vivid shiver creep up my spine.
The Its' door opened. I looked up at the entrance, trying to identify who went out of the hideout.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 5:39 pm

I saw a coal black figure jump out of the hideout, and quickly but silently close the door behind it. My eyes were used to the darkness, and I recognized the person as Pandora. I didn't move, but she noticed me anyways. She calmly walked over to me, her short hair waving in the air. She crouched next to me, laying her hands down onto her knees.
“I've thought about it,” she mentioned quietly.
“Ah?” I asked, still not moving.
“Except I need to feel comfortable to talk about it,” she muttered.
“Can't do anything for that,” I replied calmly, “sorry.”
“You said you could morph into a coyote,” Pandora remarked, “care to... Change?”
“What will that do?” I asked.
“Just do it,” she insisted. I rolled my eyes, sitting up, staring to transform into my soul animal. My tail grew from my spine, and dark fur sprouted from my skin. My muzzle lengthened, and my ears pricked. My eyes went black, and I shifted to a position on four paws. My tail went all bushy, and my nails grew into claws as my hands shaped into paws. I grunted, and I turned my head to her.
“So?” I demanded. She put a hand to my body, and pushed me down onto the ground gently. My body tensed, and she lied her head on my stomach. I lifted one eyebrow, curling up into a better position for my body. The situation reminded me of Haylyn and I, back in the white cell.
“Being like this reminds me of when I was with Isen,” she explained, “it makes me feel... Safe.” She coiled her arms around her body, as I felt lucky to have fur on my face to not show I was reddening. Whenever somebody other than a male came that close to me, I blushed, and I didn't know what.
“So, yeah,” I continued, “spill the beans.”
“I guess that it's ok,” she replied.
“You seemed to have changed mind in a small lapse of time,” I remarked.
“Because I've thought about it all day,” she answered calmly. I stood silent, and I laid my head onto my paws. My fur thickened as a cold breeze fleeted by the alley, making Pandora shiver. We both sat there, quiet, barely not moving.
“Of course,” I added, breaking the dark silence, “you know that if you need to take care of it you'll have to go away from this place.”
“I thought that that would need to be done,” Pandora murmured, turning her head to mine, “does anyone else than Dippy and you know that I'm pregnant?”
“Not to my knowledge, no,” I replied calmly. I thought that maybe Sinen or Seir were doubting something, but that would never be made sure except if it was Dippy or me who announced it to the others. I sighed, closing my eyes slowly. Se stood silent again, for a longer time than before. The faint, dry, cold wind blew through both my and Pandora's black hair. Her brown eyes shined before she closed them, and as I opened them. I curled up into a tighter position around Pandora's head. I closed my green gaze again, thinking about my brother, Jakalt, and my sister, Serella. I wondered if they would still be the same. I wondered if they would see me as the same, after I explained exactly who I was, and what I did. I wondered if they would think I would be the same person. My eyes felt heavier, and I fell asleep.

I woke up early in the next morning. My eyes widened, and I lifted myself, pushing off my two front paws. I accidentally budged Pandora, and she frowned. I turned my head to her, giving a sigh of relaxation. She tiredly opened her eyes to look at me. The dark and damp alley gave us a cold, spine shivering welcome.
“We fell asleep outside,” I remarked.
“That must mean you trust me,” she replied, smirking slyly. I jumped away, and she caught herself before her head hit the ground. She slowly stood up, looking at me.
“Trust you?” I repeated, “Uh, maybe.” I morphed back into my previous form. I stood on my two hind paws, and my tail slunk back into my spine, after losing its fur. The fur on my whole body slid back into my skin, and my paws enlarged into hands with nails. As my transformation finished, my clothes flattened onto my body. I gave out a yawn, followed by a silent sigh.
Pandora smiled at me. It had been some time before I saw her smile at me like that. “Well...” she began.
“Yes, um,” I replied, turning away, trying to hide my blushing, “if we are to do what Isen asked... We should leave today.”
“Without telling them the reason?” Pandora asked.
“The less they know,” I answered, “the better it'll be.” I turned to the Its' door, and I then looked up at the shining sky. It was nearly 5:00 AM. Sinen in his current state was probably sleeping, so he wouldn't notice us two creeping inside then back out. I gently put my hand on the metal knob, the coldness of the object creeping inside my body, throughout my arm, making me shiver intensively. I silently turned the knob, and I opened the door.
As I thought, everyone was sleeping. A mound of covers was visible where Nayru and Jamina slept, and Dippy was crouched in a corner. Seir was curled up into a tight ball against the wall. I saw a shadow move swiftly, and then stop. I halted, and Pandora budged into me.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

“What do you think you're doing outside?!” Sinen nearly shouted. But he didn't wake up anyone, luckily. In the darkness of the room, I couldn't see where Sinen was exactly, nor what he was aiming at us. I supposed that it was a gun, since it was the only useful weapon inside the Its' hideout.
“Nothing,” I replied calmly. Sinen flicked off the security from the colt, making a small clicking noise.
“If it were nothing,” Sinen answered coldly, “you would be in here the first place. I'm going to repeat, probably for the last time, what were you doing outside?”
“Is it your business?” Pandora snapped. Sinen whipped the weapon, aiming at Pandora's forehead.
“As your leader, anything that concerns the members concerns me,” Sinen hissed, “Speak!”
“Look, we were just talking, ok?!” I answered.
“I would like to know of what exactly,” his voice being human-like, but having the fierceness of a bears roar, Sinen spoke.
“We were talking about what we were going to eat this noon,” Pandora answered casually.
“Don't take me for an idiot,” Sinen cut, standing up and showing his gun in the light that poured out from the entrance. He was holding the weapon with his unwounded arm. He had put on new clothes throughout the night, by himself. But they were almost exactly the same as the ones he had before. “Gin takes care of the food we eat.”
I glanced at Pandora, who tilted her head to look back at me. Her black hair fell over her forehead, and we exchanged comprehensive glances. I slammed the door shut in front of me, and I jerked around. I crouched down to grab a metal poll, and I positioned it against the door, making it unable to open. I heard Sinen throw himself against the door, trying to open. He yelled out a curse word from inside the hideout.
Pandora and I dashed away in the alleys. We both heard a few gunshots as Sinen attempted to push off the metal poll by shooting at it. We didn't stop, and we kept on moving, sprinting in a random direction, not sure where we were supposed to go. I dashed to the side, to a door that leaded inside a building. It was the same door I had smashed a while ago. I beckoned Pandora inside, and we both ran into the building, me shutting the door behind me quickly.
We sprinted up the stairs, huffing and panting.
“To the rooftop!” I yelled. We'll be able to jump from rooftop to rooftop, if we're lucky, I thought.
Our heavy stomping echoed through the unused building, the darkness surrounding not stopping us from continuing our panicked course. We quickly arrived to the top of the building, opening up to fresh air and light. I shut the door behind me, locking it afterwards. I took some quick gasps for air, puffing. The breath that escaped my almost bursting lungs was short. I pushed on the door with my two hands, trying to stabilize myself. I took a deep breath, and I tiredly turned around to Pandora, who was crouching near the edge of the building.
“So?” I asked.
“Bad news,” Pandora muttered, as I walked towards her, “Sinen managed to get out.”
“Then we have to hope that he doesn't find us. Hide now,” I replied quickly. I lied down onto the concrete rooftop, and I slithered to the metal door, that went to the entrance of the rooftop. I breathed silently, as Pandora crept up to me.
“Don't you think we should move?” she suggested.
“If we move, he'll see us, and we're dead,” I snapped.
“If we don't, he'll find us sooner or later,” Pandora answered.
“That makes a small chance of our survival,” I sighed sarcastically, “I'll take them.”
We both lied silent, listening to our surroundings. We could hear Sinen's footsteps down below, and they were fast. I gulped quietly, hoping that Sinen wouldn't notice us, despite the fact that he was an experienced killer. I saw Pandora looking at me. More like staring at me with her brown eyes. I turned my face away from the female, and I listened outside. I couldn't hear anything. That worried me. I put my head to the floor of the rooftop. I recognized regular footsteps. I lifted by head, alerted, and I turned to Pandora. I shook her slightly using one hand, and she lifted her head up to me. I mouthed Sinen's name to her, and her eyes widened. She shook her head, and I nodded worriedly. I silently crept up to one of the sides of the door, while Pandora slipped to the opposite side. I put my ear against the wall, and I heard the slow, unwelcoming rhythm of the footsteps calmly escalating the stairs. I was sure that it was Sinen. I saw a wooden poll on my side, and I grabbed it firmly with my hands. I pressed it against my body, as I listened to the steps.
The had come up the stairs by the time, and Sinen was just outside the door. I could hear his calm breathing. The metal door rattled, and my heart was racing in my chest. My mind was almost panicking. I could see that Pandora was pretty much in the same situation as me. The door rattled violently again, then it stopped. Both Pandora and I breathed quickly. A gunshot was heard, and the lock I had turned shot out metal parts, falling onto the ground. My hands tensed on the poll. I saw the door creak open, and swing wide.
I took my courage, and I swung my weapon at Sinen. I saw a foot shoot out from the entrance, entering in contact with my weapon. The impact shook my arms, as the foot smashed downwards onto the rooftop, breaking my wooden weapon in half. Splinters shot out by the crack, and Sinen slipped out, swiftly turning around on Pandora. He grabbed Pandora by her neck, and he pinned his gun on her forehead. My hands shook violently, with the wooden poll in my hands. Pandora whimpered weakly, clenching her teeth. Sinen threw his piercing look at me, his leather jacket flapping onto his back.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 5:40 pm

“Now,” he muttered quietly, “you're going to tell me what the hell is happening!”
I stood silent, not knowing whether to answer or not. I lowered my hand, along with my face. My black hair fell in front of my eyes, dropping shadows onto my face.
“Say it!” Pandora exclaimed, squirming in Sinen's tight grasp. I still didn't reply. My whole body tensed. I didn't know what to do. I was in the worst position ever, in my whole life.
“Speak!” Sinen ordered, shoving the gun harder into Pandora's forehead. Pandora yelped, and she closed her brown eyes.
“We were running away!” she admitted. I lifted my head. I hoped that she wasn't going to say it all. Or else, my life would end in the few minutes that come.
“Why?!” Sinen shouted.
“Because I knew I wouldn't be able to keep my child safe in the Its!” she exclaimed. Sinen lifted one eyebrow.
“Bullshit,” he muttered, “you ain't pregnant.”
“I am...” Pandora admitted.
“Of who, then?!” Sinen yelled. Pandora's face darkened, and she fell silent. “Of who?!” Sinen repeated loudly. I didn't know what to do. If I said the truth, I was going to get killed, I knew it. If I said a lie, I was going to get killed for the same reasons.
“Isen,” I replied honestly. Sinen looked up at me, the gun in his hand glinting in the light. He had his teeth clenched, and his two fringes fell over his forehead, as they always did. But an air of hatred and ferocity was yelled out by every one of his face muscles, and they affected me directly.
“Isen, hmm?” Sinen repeated. “Hm. Yes. Logical.” Sinen nodded to himself, smirking. “Isen wanted a descendant to assure his family in the role of leader of the Its. What a stupid obnoxious brat.” Sinen huffed, turning his head in another direction. There was a small silence, before Sinen moved again. “Because I came back, hmmm?” he asked.
“Why would it have anything to do with you?!” Pandora shouted. Before I could say something, Sinen interrupted.
“Because Isen and I weren't what you would qualify as friends,” Sinen explained. I kept silent, waiting for Pandora's answer, and Sinen's explanation. Is he going to say the truth, or a complete lie, I wondered.
“Huh?” Pandora squeaked, trying to wriggle out of Sinen's grasp. He let her go, but still aimed his gun at her. She padded to my side, but I felt slightly pitiful with my half of a stick.
“Nothin' you need to know,” Sinen answered, lifting his head to scowl at Pandora. “Pandora, you know that I'm going to have to kill you, right?”
Pandora lifted her hands to her mouth, and I could sense that she was fearing Sinen. Just as I was. But I did my best not to show it. “I knew that this whole thing with Isen would bring the Its down...” Sinen continued. There was a small silence. “To ensure the safety of the kuijin, and the complete destruction of the ALSAN building, we must work alone. Doing a group like the Its is futile. We barely reach mature age, and then we die. How pathetic.” Pandora was breathing heavily now, and her black hair flattened on her head. Sinen, as fast as lightning, shifted right next to Pandora, shoving me away. I fell onto the ground heavily. I looked up, and I saw Sinen and Pandora. Her temples were sweating.
“What a waste of this...” Sinen muttered, sliding his hand down Pandora's stomach, “Excellent flesh.” Sinen stuck the gun into Pandora's stomach, and a loud bang was heard. Blood shot out from Pandora's back, and her eyes widened. The blade of blood flattened out on the rooftop, and Pandora fell backwards.
“Surprise abortion,” Sinen murmured. My eyes also widened. My hand gripped on the wooden stick tightly. I quickly stood up, and I threw the stick at Sinen. It hit his hand, and he dropped the gun. He yelled out of pain, and he glared at me, cramping his hand, as the gun fell on the rooftop, turning in circles a few times.
I was breathing heavily, my rage swelling up inside my body. I instinctively morphed into my canine form. It passed so quickly, I didn't have time to notice it. My fur shot out of my skin like long blades of grass, while my teeth and claws grew. My clothing flopped onto my back and legs. I let a growl come out from deep within my body, glaring at Sinen. I dashed towards him, jaws opened. Sinen immediately got into a fighting pose, and he hit me away by violently lifting his left arm to hit my muzzle on the right. My head jerked sideways, but I instantly caught myself on my paws, and I lunged once more.
Sinen had time to swiftly move sideways, and hit me on the back of my head heavily just as I passed. I flattened out on the ground, and I tried to stand up. My legs were weak after the blow, and I whimpered quietly, looking up at Sinen. He began walking towards me, and my confusion went away. I readjusted my position, and I dashed towards him. He tried to kick me upwards, but I dodged the attack, and I was able to pounce from behind him, biting his right shoulder, where he had his wound. As my fangs sank into his flesh, leaving me a bitter taste of blood in my mouth, he yelled out in pain, and shook me off. I fell onto the ground on my side, and I shakily got back up to my feet, as he growled at me.
“Sinen!” I barked, my voice being distorted by my form, “You're going completely mad! Why do you want to be leader, if it's just to kill all of the Its?!”
“That's exactly why!” Sinen retorted, “Before, two years ago, I had this useless thought going in my head that I would be leader, to bring the Its to prosperity! But once Isen defeated me back on the ALSAN building, I recognized it! I saw the very truth, the accomplishment of our works! Twenty years that the Its have tried to defeat ALSAN, but in those twenty years, nothing! Only people such as you and I can stop them!”
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 5:40 pm

“Then why try to kill me?!” I yelled.
“Because I work alone!” Sinen snapped.
He dashed towards me, and I tensed on my spot. It seemed as if I was looking at the whole scene, through my eyes, in slow motion. Sinen appeared in front of me, and gave an upwards kick. I ducked below the attack, and I lunged to his other leg, and I crunched it fiercely. My teeth shredded the cloth easily, as Sinen yelled out in pain once again. He heaved his foot downwards at my body, to shove me off of my grip. I skidded for a meter or two, and I hopped back to my standing position. Sinen fell to the ground putting his left hand onto his wound on his leg. I transformed back into my previous morph. I stood up on my two hind paws as my fur gently slunk back into my pores and skin. My claws shortened to nails, and my teeth shortened to an almost normal size. My black eyes went to their previous grass green color. I stood over Sinen, who was crouched down. He lifted his head to glare at me, bearing his clenched teeth.
“Looks like you've lost, Sinen,” I announced quietly. Sinen started chuckling, and then he burst out laughing. I frowned in my failure at understanding why Sinen was reacting like this.
“There's something that you forgot, Leorn,” Sinen muttered, his face darkening behind his black hair. He then quickly lifted his head to look at me. “Every experienced killer always comes back.”
I grabbed him by his wounded shoulder, and by the side of his stomach. He gasped as pain entered his body again, and I pulled him towards one of the edges. At the rim of the rooftop, I lowered my head to his ear.
“Oh yeah?” I whispered, “Well, come back from this.”
I hauled him over the edge, and he started falling down backwards. His hand was reaching out towards me, but when I saw his face, I saw no sign of desperation or sadness. Only a maniac-like expression. I turned my head away, as he brutally hit the ground, making a loud thud. I kept my head turned away for a moment, before glancing back at him. He wasn't moving, four stories below. He was lying in a very awkward position. I gulped, and turned around, to quickly pad over to Pandora. She had her hand on her bleeding stomach, and her eyes were still wide open. She was still breathing. I was shocked to find out that Pandora was still alive. I crouched near her, and she turned her stare to me.
“Leorn...” she whimpered.
I put a hand on her mouth, preventing her from saying any more. “Shh...” I whispered quietly. I slipped my hand off her mouth, to lie it onto the ground.
“Am I going to die?” she muttered sadly.
I thought about that a bit. I knew she was probably going to die. She didn't have skin like Owen, and he managed to last a while, but he was dead by now, either from loss of blood, or finished off by James' men. Pandora had no chance of staying alive. I can't get her back to the Its, I thought, they're probably all awake, and hoping for the arrival of us three, and if Pandora is wounded and I say that Sinen is dead, it'll bring doubts.
“Look at the good side,” I murmured, “you'll get to see Isen again...”
“Isen...” Pandora repeated quietly. She smiled weakly. I put one hand on her throat, checking for pulse. It was slow and unstable. Her death was imminent. I had to force myself to keep the tears behind my eyelids. I sighed deeply, lowering my head. I lifted my hand from Pandora's throat to my forehead. I crouched down upon myself, putting my elbows against the ground. I buried my face into my hands. Her pulse had faded away, as did she. I breathed slowly, filling my lungs to the maximum, and I let it out quickly, just to do it again. I pushed off the rooftop with one hand, and I stood up to my feet. I walked over to Sinen's gun, and I grabbed it carefully. I unloaded the colt, and I checked the ammo. I armed the gun again, and I shoved it in the back of my trousers. I pulled my dirty marine blue shirt over the weapon, and I descended the stairs, lonely.
My footsteps echoed weakly in the long staircase, but also in my trapped mind. I didn't know what to do. Weak, I fell from one of the stairs, onto the floor below. I hit my shoulder heavily, and I tiredly got back up to my knees. I closed my eyes tightly, taking a quick breath. I opened my eyes again, to see a hand being lent to me.I looked up at the person who was giving me the hand.
It was James. I hadn't thought of him for a while. He was smiling at me, but I felt as if it wasn't a fake smile. I sat there, silent, as James stood, not moving. I blew out my hair from my sight.
“Don't have enough strength to continue, Leorn?” James asked, beckoning me with his outstretched hand.
“Maybe,” I replied quietly, “but I certainly don't need any of your help to keep on going.”
“I'm fine with that,” James answered, straightening, keeping his hand to himself. He flexed his arms behind his back. I stood silent, my face darkening. I was weak. Too weak. I pulled out my hand from under me, lowering my head. James grabbed it, and pulled me to my feet. I wobbled on my feet, but I quickly readjusted my stance.
“Did you forget about your family, Leorn?” James asked, looking down at me with his blue eyes.
“I won't be able to find them,” I whimpered, “they're probably just as lost as I am.”
“But you will keep trying,” James replied, “it might be what you truly need.”
I lifted my head, but not in enlightenment. James turned around, and started descending the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 5:41 pm

His footsteps made no sound as they hit the cement stairs. I tried to follow him, but just as he turned round the corner, he disappeared, vanished into thin air. I lowered my head, and I looked at the ground. I kept on walking down, still keeping my head lowered to the stairs. I managed to get to the entrance door at the bottom of the building, and I stepped out into the light. My hair flowed in front of my face as I walked past Sinen's corpse. I glared at him, and turned away, continuing to walk away from the Its, and everything that concerned it. I appeared at the door of the Its' hideout. I stood there for a while, looking at the metallic door. It creaked open, showing the darkness inside the room. I didn't move as I saw Dippy and Seir pop their heads out from the entrance. They looked at me, and I lowered my head to the ground.
“Leorn...” Dippy muttered, “What the heck is happenin'?”
I decided to say the truth. “Dippy, we need to talk.”
Dippy turned to Seir, and he tilted his head inside. Seir nodded, and he closed the door, just after Dippy stepped out from the hideout. He sat on one of the large cement bricks in the damp alley. I lied against the wall, shoving my hands into my pockets.
“So...” Dippy murmured.
“Dippy, I'm going to get immediately to the point,” I warned, turning my head to him, “Pandora and Sinen are dead.”
I take it as a shocking fact to Dippy, because he stood silent, gaping pathetically at me. “Huh?” he managed, “But... Who? Why? What? Where? How? When?”
“Sinen killed Pandora, and I killed Sinen, Sinen killed Pandora because he went mad, and I killed Sinen because he killed Pandora. It happened on the rooftop of a building around this area, and if you're lucky, you can find Sinen's dead body lying on the ground, and Pandora on the rooftop of that certain building. Sine n shot Pandora, and I hauled Sinen over the edge of the building. About five minutes ago,” I answered, hoping I had answered each of Dippy's questions. He stood gaping again. I rolled my eyes. “In other words, you need to lie to the other Its about their death. You are the new leader of the Its.”
“Why me?!” Dippy protested.
“Have any other ideas?!” I snapped, “Jamina will be too shocked by all the recent deaths, Nayru is depressive, Seir is way too young. You are the only one able to do it.”
“Why not you?” he asked.
“I'm going away,” I replied, “Erase my records from the Its history, and erase that Sinen was leader in 2009, following Isen.”
“Why are you going away?” he insisted.
I pushed myself off of the wall. I stood, looking at him, for a while. I then turned around, and headed away. “Because this is not what I truly need,” I muttered. I stepped sideways, leaving Dippy alone, thinking that he would be able to take care of himself. I entered another alley, that led to Quarter Square. I stepped out into the open, looking both ways. I lowered my head, and continued my own way, away from the Its.
I walked down the sidewalk, without anybody around me. Since it was early in the morning, almost nobody was out. Only a few cars were rolling down the roads. I thought that maybe I could go back to Freddie's inn. I needed shelter anyways. I was tired, and I needed sleep. I couldn't even walk straight. I collided against a metal sign at the corner of the street, and I nearly fell backwards. I put my hand up to my forehead, and I fell to the wall, cramping myself. I moaned quietly out of pain, and I cautiously tried to straighten. My body was like a snake. Slippery, slithering, unable to keep straight. I fell to the ground heavily. I pushed myself back up against the wall, and I started to breath heavily. I didn't know what was happening to me. It was probably my tiredness catching up with me. I pushed myself off from the wall, but I kept a hand on it to stabilize myself. I walked in an almost drunken manner, pushing myself off the wall of the building to keep straight. Well, nearly, at least.
I looked up, and I saw that my vision was wobbly, and I couldn't think straight. I shook my head, trying to get my thoughts back into order. But they were still in a big bunch, and I was unable to take them one by one. If one of James' men came right at that moment, I would be helpless.
“Leorn!”
I turned my head around, but I was too late. Nayru lunged at me, tackling me, and pushed me against the ground. She coiled her arms around my body very tightly, and she almost squeezed the breath out of my lungs. She shoved her face into my chest, shaking her head wildly, swaying her mud brown hair violently from side to side. I wondered what the hell was happening. “Don't leave us!” she begged. I lifted one eyebrow, and I saw that Jamina jumped out from the alley, followed closely by Dippy and Seir. They all looked at me, and dashed towards me. Nayru just hugged tighter, and she squeezed the air out of my filled lungs. I tried breathing, but I only managed slightly.
“What the hell is all this commotion about?!” I nearly shouted. Dippy crouched right next to me, and he stared at me for a long time, before he answered.
“We can't let you go like this,” he muttered.
“Who says?!” I retorted.
“Your leader does,” Dippy snapped. I stopped trying to shove Nayru off my body, and I tensed. Crap, I thought. I lifted my eyebrow at the male kuijin. He just rolled his eyes, as Seir and Jamina arrived near me.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 5:41 pm

Seir seemed like he was about to burst out crying, but he managed to keep it all in. Dippy must have warned them about all the deaths. But did he say the truth? I wondered, or did he change it like I suggested?
Nayru shoved her head further into my stomach, and I wheezed. Dippy put a hand on Nayru's head.
“Hey, Gray, you can get off of him now,” Dippy mentioned. Nayru slowly lifted herself from me, and she stood crouching in front of me, as I quickly got back up sitting. My confusion had instantly gone away, just as they had come back. Her green eyes gleamed as she looked at me. Nayru, Jamina and Seir all looked worried as they stared at me, almost like they were trying to see right through me. I turned my head to Dippy.
“What did you say to them?!” I asked.
“The truth,” Dippy muttered, “at least, the way you said it.”
“Ah,” I answered briefly. That's why they're looking at me weirdly, I thought. “But why do you want me back, if I killed your leader?!”
Jamina wanted to say something, but Dippy interrupted. “For two reasons, Leorn,” Dippy explained, “the first one being that we have no way of defense is you go away, the second being that we never really liked Sinen as a leader in the first place.”
“I understand now,” I murmured to myself quietly. I slowly stood up, pushing off my knee to do so. Nayru stretched her arm outwards, lending out her hand. I grabbed it, and pulled her up to her feet. “but I will go away.”
“You don't have anywhere to go,” Dippy remarked.
“Somewhere else is one of my options,” I snapped.
“You have no money, no food,” Dippy insisted.
“I can get some sooner or later,” I replied calmly.
“Don't be arrogant, Leorn,” Dippy pleaded, “stay with us.” My eyes went to Nayru, who was looking at me pleadingly. Seir was doing the same, but Jamina seemed unaffected, and she was looking at Dippy. I sighed heavily, and I shrugged.
“Fine,” I muttered, “I'll stay with you guys.”
“Thank you, Leorn,” Dippy replied quietly. Nayru dashed over to me to hug me again. It reminded me of Haylyn somehow. She nestled her head on my shoulder, but I didn't know how to react. Dippy looked away, and turned around.
“I found a new place to stay,” he announced, “let's pack our stuff, and move there. It'll take some time before James' men find us again.”
I nodded, and I gently pushed Nayru away. I wondered if she was still depressive of Cruor's death. I followed Dippy closely and silently. He led us four back into the alleys, up until the hideout door. He opened it, and flicked the light on. He grabbed five large bags of different colors, and passed one to each of us, then to himself.
“Take everything you can,” he suggested, “weapons, food, covers, everything. Gun, Ghost and I will take the mattresses. Gray, Galop, take the hammocks.” I nodded, and I put the bag onto the ground. I rolled up two duvets tightly, and I managed to shove them inside the bag without too much effort. I rolled up one last duvet, and I put it where the bag would close, so that I could take as many duvets as I could. I looked at the wooden table, and I grabbed two other guns, one being Isen's and one being Cruor's. I put them in the two side pockets of the bag, that I heaved onto my back. Dippy and Seir shoved as many duvets as they could in their bags, as did Nayru and Jamina. At the end, only one duvet was left. I put my hand under a mattress, and I pulled it on top of another one. Dippy piled a third mattress onto the second one, and Dippy and I tested it for weight. It was pretty heavy, but with Seir's help we would manage. Jamina and Nayru rolled up the hammocks, and took them under their arms. We all nodded to each other, and Nayru headed for the door, opening it.
Dippy, Seir and I passed first, shoving the three mattresses past the door. It wasn't easy, but I kicked it through. We waited for Nayru and Jamina to get out, and turn off the light.
“Is it far away?” Seir asked.
“A little,” Dippy answered quietly, “we'll have to go fast so that we pass half-unnoticed by the humans. It's kinda weird seeing teens with mattresses, huge bags, and hammocks.”
We started heavily walking down the alleys, being followed by Jamina and Nayru. It was hard to pass the obstacles such as the garbage cans and the fences that Dippy made us go through with the mattresses, bags and hammocks. We went through many roads, only passing once on a sidewalk. We had to dash through the Quarter Square to hope to pass unnoticed. We went into another alley, and we had to walk quickly, because these buildings were inhabited. The darkness and dampness of the alleys were normal, but they always brought an eerie sensation to me. I felt a cold shiver crawl up my back. I had to hop over cement bricks and metal polls to be able to follow Dippy and Seir.
Dippy brutally stopped at one point, and I nearly fell over. Nayru caught me just in time, and I thanked her quietly. I straightened, and I looked at Dippy.
“What's the matter?” I asked.
“Nothing,” Dippy answered, “I just stepped on a piece of glass. Luckily, it didn't pierce my skin. Let's continue.”
Nayru and I looked at each other, and I shrugged. We continued calmly through the alleys, not taking care of the humidity and the smell. We then walked out into the open again, and we fastened our pace. Dippy stopped at a large, metal gate. He opened it, and it squeak at its joints. We all slid inside the area, and we looked around.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

“This is a pretty morbid place,” I commented.
“All graveyards are morbid,” Dippy mentioned.
“It'll scare the crap out of Seir,” Nayru remarked, just after Seir began glancing around worriedly.
“He'll have to get used to it,” Dippy replied calmly. We each walked up further into the large graveyard. I had never seen so many tombs in my life before. I looked around, at each name and date of the people who were buried under. We stopped at a very large tomb, who seemed to be the property of a very rich person. Statues were built with the tomb, and bat-winged skulls loomed over the edge, with a few gargoyles. Each one of them was of a human shape, along with large bat wings curled up against their bodies.
“We're here,” Dippy muttered quietly.
“Eh?” I asked.
“In this tomb,” Dippy explained, “is buried Alexander Jordin, dead in 1921.”
“And?” Nayru asked.
“A while ago, I found a diary in the Its hideout, written by Tlynen Igris,” Dippy continued.
“What does that have to do with this?” I asked.
“Let me explain everything,” Dippy snapped. He glanced at the others, and continued his speech. “In this diary that I found, at the last page, was written the date of his death, most exactly July 14th 2007. Somebody had written that Tlynen was buried here, along with this exact Alexander, soon after Tlynen's death.”
“That's not true, though,” Nayru commented, “Tlynen wasn't buried.”
“Then where is he?” I asked.
“In a coffin, over the last Its hideout,” Dippy replied.
“You mean that the stairs that I saw, almost covered in wooden furniture, led to the room where Tlynen was?!” I asked loudly. Dippy, Nayru and Jamina nodded in synchronization. I gulped quietly. So that's why... I thought.
“Anyways,” Dippy added, “I knew tat it wasn't true. But why write a lie in Tlynen's diary, I ask?”
Nobody answered. “Exactly,” Dippy replied coldly, “there was something fishy. I kept it to myself, but, one night, when everyone was asleep, I went out into this grave, I beat up the entrance, and guess what I found.” A cold silence replied Dippy's sentence. He sighed, rolling his eyes. “I found Tlynen's secret room,” Dippy finished. We all looked at each other, wondering.
“But why would Tlynen have a secret room?” Jamina asked.
“Come on in, and you'll know,” Dippy replied. I nodded, and he did a hand sign to Seir to keep holding the mattresses. Dippy went away, and my hold went slightly wobbly, but I managed to keep a firm grip on the mattresses. My hands ached, and I hoped that Dippy was doing what he wanted to do quickly. He went to the front of the grave, and crouched down. He started digging something out. From behind the mattress, I couldn't see what he was digging out. I glanced sideways, and I saw a metal bar. Dippy grabbed it tightly, and pulled it out of the earth. He shoved it in the tight slit between a large stone plate, and the wall of the grave. He then used the metal bar as a lever, and a loud crack was heard, as the heavy marble plate thudded against the earth, showing a dark entrance inside the grave. His brown bag flopped onto his back as he straightened. There was a rope hanging from the top of the plate to a metal hook attached to the ceiling of the entrance. The rope hung from that hook, onto the stairs that descended into the darkness.
“After you,” Dippy said quietly. I looked around, and I entered with Seir, and the mattresses. We had to shove them down again. We descended the stairs, and we arrived at a wooden door, in the darkness. It was hard to see where the knob was, because the light didn't descend all the way down the stairs. Dippy followed us, and cramped himself sideways, against the humid wall. He turned the knob, and pushed the door open. It sinistrally creaked open, and Dippy slipped in. I heard the scratching of a match, and then light swarmed in the room, as Dippy put on some candles. Seir and I went inside, and we dropped the three mattresses on the ground. Nayru and Jamina followed us inside. Dippy went back up the stairs, and I followed him. I nearly slipped on the wet staircase. He tossed me a rope.
“Pull,” he mentioned quickly. I did as ordered, and I pulled. It was extremely hard, but I noticed that the marble plate lifted slowly back into place. A loud slamming noise was heard, as the door completely shut. I dropped the rope on the ground, panting. Dippy slipped by my side, and descended into the large, lit room. I followed him inside. Nayru and Jamina were positioning the mattresses and duvets onto the large piece of ground there was in the room.
As the flames flickered, they tossed dark shadows on the ground. We all sat on the same mattress, looking up at Dippy, who was sitting on a hammock, attached from a solid, heavy metal hook stabbed into the rock wall, and another metal hook shoved on the opposite wall. Dippy looked at us from the hammock.
“So, let me explain,” Dippy began, lifting up a diary from behind him, “this is Tlynen's diary, written by himself.” Dippy opened it, and showed us the writing. He flipped the pages, until the last one he had pointed out earlier. “This is the last page,” Dippy continued, “it is written that Tlynen Igris, Seir's older brother, is buried here.”
Seir shivered slightly, looking around the room, watching the candles in a childish amazement. “What I don't get,” Dippy added, “is that the writing isn't the same as Tlynen's. I read the whole thing a second time, reread it, even rereread it.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

It doesn't correspond. I don't know who wrote this, but it is certainly not Tlynen. After I read this part, I was sure that something was wrong, because I went back upstairs, back in the old Its hideout, to make sure that Tlynen was in his coffin. He was. So, in the night, I went up to here, and I checked for myself. I was as amazed as you guys are. Everything here,” Dippy waved around, showing the whole room, “everything here was dug up by Tlynen, built by Tlynen. He never showed this room to us, not even to his younger brother, I presume.”
Dippy glanced at Seir, who shook his head quickly. Dippy went back on the previous subject. “Tlynen was a great person, and we all know that, huh? He got us here, and he died of mortal disease soon after. Bless his soul. It was only after I looked around in this room that I understood that Tlynen was working on kuijin.”
“You mean...” Nayru whispered, “Like James?”
“Depends on the point of view,” Dippy replied, “you see, he was working on a specific domain of the kuijin: hybrids. He wrote everything he learned down on these books,” Dippy explained, pointing to a small pile of large books. They were all black, with a shining border. I crawled up to them, and I took the top one off. They were dusty. I blew on the cover, and dust floated off of the book. I coughed as some of the dust entered my lungs. I looked at the writing on the book. It was written 'Hybrids'. I opened the book, to the first page. I saw a summary of very weird symbols. I frowned, and lifted one eyebrow. I turned back to Dippy.
“I can't understand a thing that's written here,” I remarked.
“Neither can I, for your information,” Dippy replied, “it seems that Tlynen didn't want this kind of information to spread out too quickly. He invented a new language, or took an old one out. It's maybe in Greek or something, I don't know. If it was in Greek, I could've asked Cruor to help me, but he died before I could ask.”
Nayru's face darkened, as did Dippy's. I put the book down back onto the pile, more dust being blown off. I turned round to Dippy, lifting one eyebrow. Dippy kept his face lowered.
“Tlynen was trying to find a way to breed hybrids conveniently for the Its,” Dippy explained coldly, “he didn't manage, but he gathered enough information to do so.” There was a long, dark silence. “So,” Dippy continued, “can we compare Tlynen to Hitler, or to a caring scientist? I don't know.”
I sighed deeply. Another secret was found out, and it was a pretty dark one. I also lowered my head, and my black hair fell over my forehead.
“I take it that Tlynen went into a graveyard because he thought he could get his experiences to light without being disturbed too much,” Dippy continued.
“How did Tlynen get so much information?” I asked.
“That's a thing I don't understand,” Dippy replied quietly, “I suppose that...”
“Hybrids may live in this cemetery?” I finished for him.
“Yes,” Dippy answered. I lifted my head, and stood up. I took my bag, and I pulled out the two guns from the pockets, to lie them on a wooden table, where a bottle of ink and a sharpened feather lie, along with a pile of tanning paper. Many sheets of paper with various drawings and symbols were left on the table, and some nearly fell on the ground, if they weren't held up by other sheets of paper. I saw a wooden basket next to the desk, filled with crumpled sheets of paper.
“Why did we go here?” I asked.
“Because it was the only idea I had,” Dippy replied, “and that maybe we could find out more on what Tlynen wrote before.”
“Except, how can we do that?” I asked, “I mean, we have no experience in coding, or deciphering, and we don't have anything to base us off of!”
“I know,” Dippy answered calmly, “but if we're lucky, we might find something. A sign, perhaps.”
I huffed, and I turned around. “I guess we can stay here,” I replied, “James' men won't find us for a pretty long time, I suppose. The only thing we can do for right now, is to try and see what Tlynen meant. However we do it, the ends justify the means.” I grabbed a book, and I passed one to Dippy. He caught it, and dust poured onto his clothes. I then passed a book to Nayru, Jamina and Seir, and dust nearly filled the room. We blew it out, and I took a book for myself. The flames flickered as I turned around to look at the others. “Start reading.”
I caressed the cover of the book gently, feeling the shining gold on my fingertips. It shined as the flames sprouted from the candles. I took a deep breath, and I opened the book. I patted the front page, taking the rest of the dust off of the book. I coughed quietly, and I cleared my throat. I looked at the summary, pointing at the symbols. I stood up, and I grabbed a sheet of paper from the desk, where I had put down the guns. I grabbed the chair from under, and I flattened the book onto the desk, still at the first page. I took the bottle of ink, and I opened it delicately. I grabbed the feather with my right hand, and I dipped the tip of the sharpened, black feather in the ink. I began writing down every symbol that I read.
I then tried attributing one letter of the latin alphabet to each symbol that I had written down. I managed to form a word, but I noticed that it wasn't enough, and that I would have to read the whole book to actually get it right. I flipped through the paes, in search for any image. But I only saw complicated anatomical pictures, in which I understood not a thing. I saw Dippy rummage through the pile of books, then look back at Tlynen's diary every once in a while.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 5:42 pm

We worked throughout the whole day. In vain. At the end, we had to use more candles, that we found inside a rotting cupboard. We were also losing matches, slowly but surely. Dippy took out the money that he had packed out from the bag, and put it on the desk where I was working. My sheet had many scribbles on it, and there was a small doodle of a cactus in the top right corner. I always liked cactus.
Nayru had stepped out of the grave, to see what time it was. She told us that, with the trees, it was hard to find the sun, but she thought that it was at least 7:00 PM. And we hadn't eaten yet. It was only after that Nayru said the time that my stomach growled. I gave some money to Dippy, who went out of the grave carefully, and he told me to get the rest of the money.
“Why?” I asked, my stomach aching.
“Because, we need to all talk over this,” Dippy replied. Seir and Jamina padded up the stairs to join Dippy. Nayru waited for me, and I slid off the chair I was sitting on. Tlynen must've had a watch to check the time, I grumbled to myself within my mind. Nayru took out all the lit candles, and followed me up the stairs. We both jumped out of the entrance, and dippy closed the door behind us. A loud slamming noise was heard.
“How did Tlynen not wake the whole graveyard by doing that?” I asked.
“That will stay a mystery,” Dippy replied sarcastically, shrugging helplessly. He shoved the money in his pocket, and he started taking a step forwards. We all followed him, and we went out of the cemetery, looking around, checking if there weren't any of James' men or policemen around. We walked up to a small restaurant in the corner of a street ahead of us, and we took a table for five. Nayru sat next to me as I sat in front of Dippy. Jamina sat next to Seir, who was next to Dippy. A waiter came up to us, clothed in a black shirt, and old jeans. He had a nice mustache.
“Hey,” he welcomed abruptly, “I'll pass you the menus just in a sec'.”
AS the waiter went away, Dippy leaned closer over to me. He glanced both directions, and then locked me with his black gaze.
“I'm having some more suppositions,” Dippy commented.
“What kind?” I asked.
“Everybody who invents a new language to be able to communicate with others always has something to remember it, right?” Dippy answered.
“Um, yes,” I replied quickly.
“Well, we first need to find that something,” Dippy explained, “then we'll be able to decipher the text. Tlynen must have hidden it somewhere in that grave.”
“Surely,” Jamina replied.
I looked at Seir, and lifted one eyebrow. He looked back at me with his big eyes.
“You seem to be the quiet one,” I remarked, “is it because we're talking of your dead brother?” Seir shook his head. Jamina put her hand on Seir's shoulder, who quickly jerked his head sideways to look up at her.
“Seir,” she began, “we'll need to know everything you know on your brother, okay? In one way, it could help us.” Seir slowly nodded, starting to look away. I sighed gently, and I noticed that the waiter was coming back with the menus. He quickly flopped them right in front of us, and the green table. Seir shifted on the marsh green chair to grab the menu, and he opened it on his lap. I carefully opened it, looking at the types of food there was to eat. Salads, meat, entries, pasta. Nice.
Dippy laid his menu down onto the table as he picked what he wanted to eat.
“Already?” I asked.
“I'm not really picky,” Dippy replied quickly. “Be careful not to take things that cost too much. We have a limited amount of money, y'know.”
I nodded, and I picked out from the meat line. I took a side of beef, along with some plain salad. I put down my menu, and Jamina almost immediately flattened it out on the table after I had. Nayru was the last one to pick. Dippy glanced at all of us.
“I am going to find out what Tlynen was working on,” he insisted.
“I dunno,” I answered, “it may be... Confusing, if you know what I mean.”
“I'm prepared for that,” Dippy remarked. The waiter came back with some fresh water, and he put it onto the table. Some more people came from behind him, and entered the restaurant.
“So, you chose?” he asked, smiling. His mustache lifted as his cheeks slid upwards.
“Yeah,” Dippy answered, “mountain salad for me.”
The waiter took out a small notebook, along with a red pen. He quickly wrote down what Dippy had just said. He turned to Jamina.
“Same, please,” she replied. The waiter put a little '2' right next to what he had just written.
“Parisian sandwich,” Seir muttered timidly. The waiter smiled, and he wrote that down. He grumbled a bit, and the waiter hit the tip of the pen on the paper. He then continued writing down. He turned to Nayru.
“Same, please,” she continued. The waiter wrote that down, and looked at me.
“Side of beef for me, with a plain salad,” I said calmly. The waiter wrote that down, and lifted his head.
“Anything else?” he asked. Dippy shook his head, and glared playfully at me just as the waiter turned around and went away.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 5:42 pm

“What?” I whispered, “I'm a coyote, remember? I need to eat a lot.”
Dippy rolled his eyes, then looked at the waiter. “Let's just hope he doesn't find anything suspicious in the orders...”
“Why would he?” I asked.
“Well, just as you said, each of our diets are nearly equivalent to our Soul animals,” Dippy explained, “me, being mostly herbivore, I took a salad. Same thing for Jamina, who's an equine. Seir and Nayru took bread, and that's what pigeons and mice eat. Mice could also eat some animal food, and some vegetables. You took meat, which corresponds to your diet, but you also took vegetables, because your human form provides you a nearly balanced diet. Even then, I prefer cooperating with what my stomach needs.”
“Huh,” I replied casually, “so, humans who eat double cheeseburgers are actually a sort of mix between a lion and a mouse?” Dippy rolled his eyes, and I smirked. “Look, Gin, there's nothing to be worried about. You're only worried because of your normal porcupine instinct.”
“Eh, I guess,” he replied quietly. He took the bottle of water, and poured some transparent liquid into his glass. He gulped, and then he chugged down the whole glass.
“Thing is,” Nayru commented, smiling, “does a porcupine nearly always drink alcohol?”
Dippy shivered as he gulped down the water, and he panted as the water finished going down his throat. He glanced around quickly.
“Oh, so that's why he's named Gin?” I asked, sneering.
“Shut up,” Dippy muttered darkly, glaring at me, putting the glass back down onto the tale heavily, his hand tensed on the foot of the glass. I rolled my eyes. Dippy sighed, and leaned back on his chair. “I hope you guys know what a hybrid is.”
I had thought of that. “I know what a hybrid is, more or less,” I replied. Nayru and Jamina nodded, but Seir shook his head. Dippy peeped at Seir.
“Seir, I understand that ou don't know what a hybrid is, but why didn't you say it?” Dippy asked.
“Just tell him,” Jamina replied. Dippy rolled his eyes again.
“Since Seir was educated in the Its, he probably doesn't know anything about kuijin society,” Dippy whispered, letting us all hear, hoping that no one else was listening, “I'll start by the beginning. You know that the kuijin have a Soul animal attributed to them at birth, hm? Well, this Soul animal is normally taken as an animal related to the child's parents' Soul animal. But it is also known in kuijin society that two parents of a radically different Soul animal mate. And that is seen pretty badly in kuijin society. The child that comes from this kind of mating, is normally called a hybrid, if the child chooses to be a mix of the two different animals. These hybrids may vary very much. Some were seen, and actually are legends in the human society, such as the dragons, being a kuijin hybrid between a sort of lizard and a sort of bat. Of course, it couldn't breathe fire. Or else griffins, which were kuijin hybrids between eagles and lions. Do you get it?” Dippy asked.
“Um... Sorta...” Seir answered quietly.
“In other words,” I replied calmly, “a kuijin hybrid is a kuijin who has a mix of two radically different animals as a Soul Animal.” Seir nodded slowly, looking up at me.
“Where did you get that information?” I asked, looking at Dippy.
“Being born in a kuijin family who has lots of kuijin history books helps,” Dippy answered quietly. His voice dropped, as he saw some people look at him. But they just turned their heads around, and looked away.
“I wonder if it's going to be hard to live with a leader who freaks out each time a human looks at him,” I commented. Dippy glared back at me.
“I have my reasons,” he answered, “better safe than sorry.”
We waited a while, before the waiter came back with the food we had ordered. He dropped the plates gently in front of us, and we each ate quietly, not paying attention to anything around us. I was surprised to see that I was only the second one finished, after Dippy. Nayru, Seir and Jamina ate slowly compared to s two. I wondered if Seir was still grieving of the loss of his dear nurse, Pandora. I felt slightly sad myself when I thought of her. I felt responsible for the deaths that had happened recently. Cruor, Owen, Isen, Pandora, Sinen... Soon, it was going to be one of us five. The Its were coming to an end, that was for sure.
The roads kept quiet, even though it was one of the most used hours of the day. We stood silent, hiding our identity from anyone around us. We kept silent as we ate, and Dippy calculated the amount of money he had to pay, even before the waiter came back. He dropped the amount of money on the table, and let the waiter check it and take it. Dippy and I sat up from our chair, beginning to go away. Nayru, Jamina and Seir followed us.
Back to the cemetery, we saw that the gates were closed. I put my back against the metallic door, and let Dippy hop onto my hands, and crawl over the rim of the entrance. Seir, Jamina and Nayru followed. I stepped back from the door, and I rushed towards it. I grabbed the rim, and a loud slam resonated around me as my body collided with the metal door. I quickly heaved myself up, before anyone could notice me. I hopped from the top of the door, onto the ground below. Dippy nodded, and walked away, in the same direction as we took before, to go to Alexander's grave. On the way, we met a group of Gothic people, but we kept silent and hidden, and they didn't notice us. I looked at them slowly, scanning the people.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

hey wore dark clothes, and they had dyed their hair in extravagant colors. Emo kids, I thought aggressively. They had put down candles in a circle around a grave, and they were doing a sort of incantation, a ritual or something.
I continued my way, appearing next to Dippy, who was already trying to open the door with the metal bar he had dug up earlier. He levered the door out of the way, but I kept him from finishing his task.
“What if the goth kids hear it, which they surely will?” I asked.
“Unless you want to sleep outside here, we have no other choice,” Dippy muttered quietly, “anyways, if we're fast enough, they won't know from were it came from. They're humans, remember?”
“Hopefully,” I whispered to myself, not letting Dippy hear. I took my hand off his shoulder, and I backed away. Dippy pushed on the metal bar as a lever, and the door slid out of the entrance, slamming down onto the ground heavily. Dippy rushed inside, folloiwed by Seir, Jamina and Nayru. I hopped inside, and I grabbed the rope.
“Help me!” I murmured. Nayru came back up, and tugged on the rope like I did. We both struggle, but we managed to get the door back into place. It slammed again as it fit back into the tight hole that led to the new Its hideout. Nayru dropped the rope, and she pulled me down the stairs. I sat on a mattress, and she dropped next to me. I looked up at Dippy, who was lying down on the hammock.
“Well,” he said quietly, “tomorrow, we clean everything in here, and we'll try to find where Tlynen put the something where he noted the alphabet to his books.”
I nodded and I looked at Nayru. She looked back at me, and smirked for I don't know what reason.
“Until then,” Dippy continued, “we sleep.” He shifted on the hammock, and pulled one of the covers onto it. I lied down on my back on another mattress, and I pulled a cover over my body. Nayru lied next to me, because there was enough space. Seir and Jamina both slept on one mattress. I saw Nayru pull another cover on herself, and curl up into a ball near me. I smirked furtively, and I spread my cover onto her body, leaving me with nothing. Nayru looked up from under the cover, and I turned my head to look back at her. I could see her eyes, even in the almost complete darkness.
“Aren't you cold?” she whispered to me.
“Nah,” I answered quietly, “I'm used to it.”
She rolled her eyes, and pulled the cover that I had given her on my body. I looked back at her, and I smirked slowly. Nayru smiled back, and she curled up into a tight ball near me, closing her eyes. Her long brown hair fell over her face, hiding it almost completely. I sighed silently, and I also closed my eyes.

I woke up later that day, being the first one to do so. I tensed, and I rolled over to my side. I stretched outwards, and I sat up. I grabbed a candle next to me, and a packet of matches on the floor. I fiddled with the box, until I caught a match, and I scratched it against the box. A docile flame lit from the match, and I tilted it towards the candle. The string flared, and I small flame grew from it. I shook the match to take out the flame that was present on the stick, and I threw it away. I took the metal plate on which the candle was standing. The flame flickered quickly as I sighed, and I put my head in my hands. I remembered Pandora, with who I was supposed to be with at the exact moment, if Sinen hadn't barged in so quickly. Now, my heart was full of sorrow, and I couldn't help myself from letting a sad tear escape from my eye. It slipped down to my chin, and it fell on the ground, making a very faint clicking noise.
I wiped my eyes with my hand, before I noticed that Nayru was awake. I glanced at her, and quickly wiped my eyes. I didn't want her to see that I was getting emotional. Being emotional wasn't like a killer. She let her covers slide off her shoulders, and she leaned over to me.
“Awake already?” she asked.
“Uh, yeah,” I answered quickly, “I don't sleep much. I'm mostly tired near midnight, because a coyote is crepuscular and diurnal.”
Nayru smirked, and she crossed her legs. She pulled the covers around her body quickly, shivering.
“Why are you always cold?” I asked quietly.
“Because I only have feathers on my forearms when I'm in my human form,” Nayru explained, “and, I'm used to my normal form, where most of my feathers are concentrated on my chest, so I can buff it up to keep myself from getting cold.” I smiled weakly, and I sat up straight.
Dippy woke up a little later, and Nayru turned her head to him. Dippy yawned loudly, and he looked at me. I grabbed the packet of matches, showing it in the light of the candle. He nodded, and I tossed it over to him. Dippy had to lean dangerously over the edge of the hammock to catch the packet of matches. He grabbed one, and he lit it. He lit one of the candles, and he blew the match, throwing it away afterwards on the ground. He put his finger through the hole of the metal plate under the candle, and lifted it to see Seir and Jamina. They were still sleeping. I sighed, lowering my head again. I heard Dippy hop off the hammock, and nudge Seir and Jamina to wake them up.
“Wakey wakey,” he said quickly. Both of them moaned, and Jamina opened her eyes tiredly to look up at Dippy.
“What d'you want?” she asked.
“Time to look for the something,” Dippy answered quietly. Jamina whimpered, and she turned over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Clawmark. -FINISHED-
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next