Mystic Creatures RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to all mystical creatures! Who dares to walk among the humans? Or who hides in the forests and lakes of this site? We shall find out...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clawmark. -FINISHED-

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male
Number of posts : 3324
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 6:22 pm

I put my second hand on the gun, to try and stop the shaking. The gun made sinister shadows creep on the floor.
“I... I can't,” I weeped.
“Just pull the trigger,” Jackie answered quietly. I closed my eyes.

We found me a few minutes later, silently crying to myself, curled up against a wall. The gun was right in front of me. My clothes were soaked with tears, and James walked up to me. He put a hand on my shoulder.
“It's okay,” he murmured. I shook my head, still sobbing, spreading tears on the ground.
“No... No, no...” I repeated, over and over again. “It's not okay...”
The driver stepped up to the corpse, and inspected it closely. He took a photo from his pocket, and looked at it, then glanced at the bloodied body.
“It's Jackie all right,” the driver said, looking at James, who looked back at him.
“Good,” James answered.
Jackie laid there, pale, not moving. A puddle of dark blood escaped from the man's head. A clean hole was shot through it. Jackie's goatee was hard and red, as the blood congealed on the hair. His eyes were open, and white. A long blade of blood was seen in front of the slightly red chair, where the blood had shot out when I did the act. His arms laid outstretched in front of him, as they were before I shot him.
The driver came back a few minutes later with a corpse bag. He took Jackie's body, and put it into the bag. He zipped it up, and heaved it on his shoulder. He walked up to James.
“We need to get moving, James,” he said. James stood up, gripping my hand tightly, pulling me up to my feet. I felt wobbly, and I curled my two arms around my body. My face was red from crying too much, and my eyes were dry.
“Right, Weston,” James answered. He pushed me gently down the stairs, until we went out of the building, followed by Weston, and the green bag. Weston came out of the building, as James opened the door for me to climb into the Porsche. James put the gun back into the silver suitcase, and held out a hand, for me to give him the radio. I took it off my head, and passed it to him. I looked away, as he put the radio back into the suitcase, and closed it firmly. Weston opened the back of the car, and gently put the bag down into the car. He closed the door afterwards, and went up to the front seat. He put on the safety buckle, as James did also. I slowly put on the safety buckle, with a shaking hand. It clicked, and I let it go, and I looked outside, as the care drove out of the area, and onto the road we used to come here in the first place.
I didn't think of anything as we went down the road, back to where we all came from. I looked outwards into the sky. It was getting cloudy, and I felt even more depressed than I was at the moment. I felt uncomfortable, but I didn't move. I closed my eyes, trying to take away the thoughts.
After a while that seemed long, but short at the same time, we arrived at the building. James went out of the car first, followed by Weston. I unbuckled myself, and I opened the door, getting out of the vehicle as well. I closed the door behind me. As Weston took the body out of the trunk, James accompanied me to my room once again.
“You did a good job,” James said to me. I didn't answer. We passed the corridors we had passed to get out, and we also passed the doors we passed before to get out. We finally arrived at my room, and James opened the door for me. Two guards came from nowhere, and stood in front of the door, as I went in. I slowly traipsed to the bed, where I sat sadly. James came up to me, and put the metal collar around my neck. He crouched to be at a lower height than me.
“Don't feel depressed, Leorn,” James said. His gaze that looked straight into my eyes seemed gentle, but I knew that behind, it was just another manipulation trick. “You did what you needed to do.”
“I want to see Haylyn, now,” I ordered, not bothering to listen to James. James stood up.
“Ah, yes, the girl,” he murmured. He clapped his hands twice. “Get the girl!” He shouted at one of the guards, who instantly moved away, out of sight. After a short moment, he came back, gripping Haylyn on the shoulder tightly. The guard pushed Haylyn into the room, and she ran to me.
“Leorn!” She shouted. I didn't move. Haylyn hugged me tightly. James then turned around.
“I'll leave you two,” he said, closing the door behind him. The slam echoed throughout the whole room. A click was heard, to signify the lock was turned. Haylyn's embrace tightened.
“I was worried about you,” she muttered to me. I nodded slowly. “What happened?” She asked. I could feel the despair swelling up inside my chest once more. I tried to keep it inside.
“I killed him,” I whispered. Haylyn stood silent.
“You did what you needed to do,” Haylyn replied, after a while. I pushed her away brutally with one arm.
“No!” I shouted. She looked up at me with scared eyes. “Jackie could've lived an almost normal life, if I hadn't accepted this god damn mission in the first place! He didn't have to die today!” I fell to the ground, only my arms holding me up. “He didn't have to die...” I repeated. Haylyn jumped at me, and pinned me down by the neck. I couldn't get up.
“Calm down, Leorn,” she whispered in my ear. I started to stop struggling, until I finally stopped. “There...” She murmured.
“I'm a bloody murderer,” I sobbed.
“No, you aren't,” Haylyn whispered back, “You were forced to.” I remained silent, closing my eyes, to keep the tears inside. The grip of her and on my neck smoothened, and she slid her arms around my body. I also hugged her tightly, nestling my head on her shoulder, keeping my eyes shut. I morphed into my coyote shape.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 6:22 pm

Fur sprouted everywhere on my body, while my tail lengthened. My hands mutated into paws, and my nails grew into claws. My muzzle appeared, and my eyes turned black. Haylyn curled up into a tight ball, and I bent myself into a half-circle. She put herself against my body. I put my head in my paws. My eyes gleamed with unshed tears. I opened my eyes, to see that my vision was blurry from the tears, that fell down upon the fur on my head. I closed them tightly, making the last tears squeeze out of my eyes, and keeping those still locked inside not able to escape. We stood there for a long time, not talking, not moving. We breathed slowly, silently. I thought that Haylyn was asleep. I morphed back to my human state. My muzzle disappeared, my tail shortened, may claws transformed themselves into nails, my fingers appeared from my tight paws. The fur slowly disappeared into my skin, and my eyes returned to their normal color. I stood up, and I noticed what I thought was correct: Haylyn was sleeping. Her eyes were closer, and her hand was up to her cheek, supporting her head. I slowly bent down, and cautiously picked her up. I hoped that she didn't open her eyes, and she didn't. Her breathing was still, and timed. I carefully walked over to the bed, the chain on my collar dangling onto the ground. I laid her onto the bed. She moved into a tighter ball. I looked down at her with wary eyes, and I slowly put myself on the ground, transforming into my coyote form. My tail sprouted yet again, and my muzzle lengthened. My coal black fur shot out of my skin, and my eyes faded to black. My canines grew, and my hands turned into clawed paws. I put my head on my hands, and I closed my dry eyes.
After hearing a clank on my door, my head shot upwards. The locks turned and the door opened. A guard came in, carrying food.
“You must be starving,” he muttered. I remained silent, and I got to my feet, transforming back into a human. My tail shortened, and I put it in my trousers. My fur slithered back into my skin, and my muzzle disappeared, leaving place for a human nose. My ears crept back to the sides of my head. My paws turned into nailed hands. The guard put the food calmly onto the ground, then turned away, going out of the room, locking the door behind him. I walked cautiously to the food. I sniffed it, suspecting something. It was true that after all this time, I didn't think about food. Come to think of it, I was starving. I picked at the food with my hands, and I ate a mouthful. At least it's better than canteen food at school, I thought. But I was too shocked from the past events to finish my plate. I pushed the food away with one fist, and I hugged my knees close to my body. I looked at Haylyn, who was still sleeping. I closed my eyes, putting my head into my knees. I began thinking of a plan to get out of here. I couldn't stand much longer in this wretched place. I thought about Jackie. I will avenge him, I thought. My head lifted itself again, as the door opened once more. I looked up at the man dressed in brown who entered. I glared at him, his vile face making me want to rip it off. I stood up, frowning. James, once again, stood in front of me. He smiled at me.
“Are you satisfied of your rest and meal?” He asked.
“Getting some forks and knives on there would be a good idea,” I said, thinking about my plan.
“Ah, I'm sorry, Leorn,” James answered, leaning slightly, “But we cannot take the risk of you taking the silverware and start to slice all our throats open with it.”
“You know how to read in minds, don't you?” I asked.
“I'm experimented enough,” James said to me with a smile. He closed his eyes calmly. “How's the girl?” He asked, finally.
“Haylyn,” I corrected, glaring at him.
“Haylyn,” he repeated after me, “How is she?”
“Sleeping,” I answered quickly, tilting my head to the bed. I looked back at James. “Why did you come here?” I asked.
“To give you another mission for tomorrow,” James answered me, smiling at me.
“Another recovery mission, you mean?” I asked. “Sorry, just after this one, I don't think I'll be up to it.”
“What happened today,” James answered quickly, “Is something that will normally happen in the missions,” he explained.
“Yeah, well I don't know if I'll be able to bear another death on my mind,” I snapped.
“We have ways to force you to, Leorn,” James answered, as calm as ever, “And I don't think any of us want to use those ways, now, don't we?” He asked, putting his hand on my shoulder. I shook it off.
“Don't touch me,” I retorted.
“Now, now, let's not have any manners, shall we?” James said, clasping his hands together. He then remained silent for a while. I thought he was going to say something, but he didn't. He frowned, but I suspected it wasn't at me.
“Yes,?” I asked. He lifted one finger, and quickly turned around. He slid a hand into his suit, taking out a pill, that he popped into his mouth. He quickly gulped it down, and sighed silently. He turned back to me.
“Excuse me, Leorn,” he said, seemingly embarrassed.
“What was it?” I asked.
“Nothing I can speak of to you,” he replied, closing his eyes. “Let's get down to our own business, shall we now?” He asked, his face brightening. I eyed him suspiciously, but I didn't insist. I knew he wouldn't answer to any of my questions about what had just happened. “So,” he began, taking out a photo from his suit. He handed it over to me, and I looked at it cautiously. On the photo was a young male youth. The boy had a round face, and combed brown chestnut hair. He had brown eyes to go with that. He looked about my age, and he had a pointy nose. I frowned.
“I'm not going to take a kid,” I said, handing the photo back to James.
“Oh, but you are, Leorn,” he answered, “It's your new job.”
“If I had a job, it would be something I accept to do,” I retorted.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

“We can force you to accept,” James replied, smiling at me. I glared at him.
“He's only a kid!” I yelled. Haylyn woke up with a gasp. She turned her head sideways, and noticed that she was on the bed. She then looked around once more, and saw James and me. She shifted on the bed, and stood up on the floor.
“Oh, silly me,” James said, “I forgot about the girl.” He approached Haylyn, and put a hand on her shoulder. She shook it off.
“Don't touch me,” she snapped. I was surprised that she had the same reflex as me. James took his hand back.
“I'm sorry Haylyn,” he said, with a smile, “But you cannot listen to the conversation we are having, between Leorn and me.” Haylyn looked at the ground, and nodded slowly. James nodded also, and pushed Haylyn gently to the door. She put a hand on the doorknob, and turned it. Two guards were waiting outside. James turned to the guards. “Take her to her room,” he said, coldly. One guard gripped Haylyn's shoulder, and pulled her away. The second guard closed the door. James turned back to me. “Now, where were we?” He asked.
“I'm not hunting down a kid,” I said, angered.
“I said that you are,” James replied, sternly.
“He's a freaking child! Let him live his life!” I yelled.
“He's an animal,” James answered, “Just like you.” I remained silent. I scowled at the man, but nothing more. My fists clenched. “You accepted that you would retrieve ones of your own race to protect your family,” James added. I nodded to myself slowly.
“What's his name?” I asked.
“Jach,” James answered, “Jach Masenil.” I opened my eyes wide. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I snatched the photo out of James' hands. Now that I looked at the boy more closely, I recognized the face. It was Jach. Jach Masenil. “Coincidentally,” James added, “Jach was one of your friends.” James approached me. I let him do so. I was too shocked. He crept up behind me, and put both of his hands on my shoulders. “Now, now, Leorn,” James said, “You are going to do what I say, all right? For your family?”
“I... I can't,” I replied.
“Oh, I know how you are, Leorn,” James said, sneering, “You're one of the types that only think about themselves, hmm?” I remained silent, my wide eyes staring at the photo. “I know that even though you are like that, you would do anything to save your family, now, wouldn't you?”
“I can't,” I repeated.
“You have a brave heart, Leorn,” James continued, “You know what is right, hmm?”
“I can't!” I repeated, louder.
“Even if it were the person that stabbed you in the back?” James asked. I looked up at him.
“Huh?” I asked. “What do you mean?” James nodded slowly. I turned my head away from him. He was manipulating me again. But I couldn't stop listening. “You mean that he...?” I asked. James nodded again.
“Right, Leorn,” James replied, “He's the one who said that you were a kuijin.”
It all stuck together. The scent near the broken stick. The scent, stuck to Jach. Him eying me suspiciously at school the next day. And his physical appearance now deceived his kuijin race. I couldn't believe me. He wasn't the one that said it. He couldn't be!
“No!” I shouted, “You're lying!”
“Why would I lie to you?” James asked. I remained silent.
“It can't be possible...” I muttered.
“And yet, it is,” James repeated. “So, did you change your mind, or are you say that you're stubborn again?” James asked.
Jach. The real reason why my life lead to a downfall. He was the beginning of it. He was the one who made me kill Jackie. He was the one who made me lose my family. He was the one who made Haylyn's life lead to a downfall, also. I scowled at the ground, while I twisted the photo in anger.
“I'm going to kill him,” I said, in rage.
“Don't damage him too much,” James said, taking his hands off my shoulders, smiling at me.
“Try and stop me,” I snapped. James turned his back to me.
“Well, I guess you're prepared for the mission tomorrow, then,” James said. I looked up at him.
“You have the time?” I asked. James swiftly raised his hand to his face. He looked at his classy silver watch, and then he let his sleeve fall on the watch as he let his arm down.
“1:40 PM,” he answered.
“Good,” I snapped, “Get me in the car. Now.”
James turned to me, smiling. “Are you so eager?” He asked me. I nodded quickly. “Then come,” he continued, approaching me. He took his key out of his pocket, and put it into the lump on the side of my metal collar. He turned it, and a click snapped the atmosphere. I took off the collar, throwing it against the ground. The chains clanged for a short moment, then stood still. James beckoned me to follow him, and I did so. He opened the door, and lead me out. The guards were surprised to see me come out of the room, but didn't ask any questions. We started going down the halls. James met Weston while going to the car.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 6:23 pm

“There's a change of plans,” James muttered, “We begin the mission today.” Weston put his coffee down onto a table.
“You sure that won't tire out the kid?” Weston asked. James grinned evilly.
“Leorn's determined to do this mission today,” James said, a sly look in his eyes. Weston smiled back at him, and looked at me suspiciously. He sipped the rest of his coffee, and put it back onto the table. He started walking with us down to the car. James picked up a silver briefcase standing right next to the entrance of the building.
We went outside. The car was where we had last put it. Weston hopped into the car. James opened the door for me, and I stepped into the black Porsche, and sat on the red seat I sat on earlier, as James followed me in, closing the door behind him. The motor roared. I checked in the trunk. The body wasn't there anymore. I looked outside the window, as James put the silver suitcase on his lap. I longed for the moment where I would pin Jach down onto the ground, and point the gun at him. And this time, I wouldn't be hesitant, as I was with Jackie. Jach will pay for what he did to me. The motor then grumbled, and we drove onto the road we had previously gone onto this day. The wheels silently rolled on the tar-covered tracks as we passed the gate once more. We turned, and headed for the city. I closed my eyes, and thought of what I would do.
After a while, I awoke as I felt something push on my shoulder.
“Leorn!” James said, trying to wake me up. I opened my eyes quickly, and turned t him. “We've arrived,” he said quietly. I was about to dash out of the door, but he stopped me by putting a hand on my shoulder. “Wait,” he snapped, “Your equipment.” I nodded, and calmed myself down. James opened the silver mallet, showing the gun and the radio. He unclipped the gun, and handed it over to me. I stuck it down the back of my trousers. He handed my the radio, and I put it over my head. I tried to hide the earphone as well as I could, by placing my hair in a sort of way where it would hide it completely. James nodded, and I went out the car, closing the door behind me.
As I stepped away from the Porsche, I heard the intercom crackle.
“Testing, Leorn, do you hear me?” James asked through the radio.
“Perfectly,” I answered.
“You'll dispose of twenty-four hours again, to bring the body dead or alive, Leorn. Good luck,” James said. The intercom snapped, and the communication broke. I fastened my pace. I looked around to check where I was. The sky was cloudy, but, thankfully, there was no rain. After I saw a couple of buildings, I knew that I was pretty far away from the place where Jach resided. But I didn't care. I had as much time as I wanted. I had too much. I walked silently on the roads, making sure every once in a while that the gun was hidden by my shirt correctly. There were not many people on the streets today. The only people I saw in front of me were covered in clothes. It was impossible to know who they were. They then talked to each other silently, and turned into an alley, leaving me alone on the streets. I lifted my eyebrows, and I continued my way. As I reached the alley the two people turned into, a hand shot out, and grabbed me by the collar of my shirt. The arm pulled me in, one hand on my mouth so I couldn't say anything. The two people shoved my against the ground, putting one hand on my neck. I quickly took the gun out of the back of my trousers, and pointed it at them. They jumped away, and I stood up.
“Who are you?” I asked, my two hands on the weapon. One person looked at the other. They pulled their hoods back. I lowered my gun as I recognized who it was. Jakalt and Serella. I jumped to them, and I both hugged them tightly. Serella was the only one to hug me back.
“There you are!” I exclaimed, almost crying. Actually, I was. I felt the tears trickle down my cheeks. Serella passed her hand through my black hair.
“Shh,” she whispered, to calm me down. Jakalt pulled me away from Serella's body. I looked up at him, smiling, and he smiled back. He grabbed me, and hugged me tightly against his clad body. He then gently pushed me away, and wiped my tears away with his hand.
“Aren't you supposed to be dead?” Jakalt asked. I jumped back.
“Why do you say that?” I asked, quickly. Jakalt put one hand in front of him, and lowered it.
“Please, put your gun away,” he asked, calmly.
“Oh, sorry,” I answered. I put the gun back at the back of my trousers, pulling my shirt over it. Jakalt nodded to Serella, and my sister took a newspaper from her cloak. It was shredded, but most of the text was okay. She pointed at a small text. I read the title. Marriages, Divorces and Deaths, I read. I looked down. I saw a text, that made my heart skip. I read it out loud, to make sure that it was real.
“Young male youth, named Leorn Taltesier, announced dead, shot down by the police,” I repeated. I put a hand up to my face. “So I'm dead?” I asked, looking up at Jakalt and Serella. They both nodded. I took the newspaper, and I read it again. As I read further on, there was something that shocked me, maybe even more than the last text.
“Young female youth, named Haylyn Serroy, announced dead, shot down by the police,” I read out loud. I stared into nothingness, as Jakalt grabbed the newspaper away from me.
“You know her?” He asked.
“She's... A friend at school,” I said. Serella approached me and hugged me tight.
“I'm so sorry,” she said, quietly. I pushed her away gently.
“No, no,” I said, “You don't get it. She's not dead,” I explained. Serella and Jakalt both raised one eyebrow at me. “I can't explain to you right now,” I said, looking down, “But to make long story short, I know that she's not dead.” But that means that James could kill her, and it wouldn't change anything, I thought. James is keeping her to use her against me.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 6:23 pm

Serella and Jakalt both looked at each other, and nodded once. Serella held out her hand.
“Come with us, Leorn,” Serella said, “So that we can escape this place.” I wanted to go with them, but my face darkened.
“I can't,” I replied briefly. They looked at me suspiciously.
“Why?” Jakalt asked.
“I had the same idea as you guys,” I answered, “And I stayed at Freddie's inn. But, soon, the police found me, and I got shot down. I woke up in a weird place, and now I'm enrolled as a kuijin finder for a secret association or something,” I explained.
“What?” Serella asked, obviously not believing what I just said.
“Believe what I say,” I replied, looking up at my sister, “I need to find kuijins, to bring back to them, so that they can experiment on them.”
“That's horrible!” Serella exclaimed. Jakalt also seemed uneasy, but he didn't show it as much as Serella. “Why do you do it?!” Serella asked. My face darkened again.
“Because or else he'll kill Haylyn,” I answered, “And mother, and father.”
“You mean they're still alive?” Jakalt asked.
“As long as I do the missions,” I answered sadly. “Believe me, I'm not doing it of full heart.”
“That means...” Serella began, “You got to take us?”
“No,” I answered, looking up at her, “I'm assigned to one person each day. And anyways, I wouldn't bring you back even if I was assigned that mission,” I asnwered. “nobody has to know we've had this conversation. You guys can still remain safe. Just... Don't get mixed up with my new life, I beg you,” I answered.
“We're going to get you out of there,” Serella replied, determined.
“No!” I shouted, “You aren't! You'll only manage to get killed! And mother and father will get killed if you try!”
“But, Leorn,” Serella began.
“Shut up!” I interrupted, “Go away! Get the hell out of this place! Try and create a new life, somewhere else!” I passed them, angered. Before I was out of sight, I muttered, just loud enough so they could hear me, “And forget about me.” I ran away. They remained silent, behind the alley. No one should know we had this conversation. No one should know I saw them. No one should know they're my brother and sister. I ran until I found the cross-section between the road I was currently on, and the road that went to Jach's house. I'll get you, you bastard! I repeated in my mind, over and over again. I ran across the road, jumping on the road that would lead me to Jach's house. As I saw policemen, I braked, and I slowed down my pace. I lowered my head while I walked past the men. Once I did, I glanced back, and fastened my pace, lifting my head, making sure my gun was hidden neatly behind my shirt.
I arrived in the suburbs. I felt the memories spring back into my body. I felt calm when I went here. Nobody was outside at this time, and the suburb was silent. The massive buildings rose above the ground. I walked for a few minutes, and then I saw my house. The police had put barriers on the entrances and tape on the windows to prevent anybody from entering the house. I took a deep breath, remembering what I did to the police. Now that they thought I was dead, it would be no problem at all. I'm dead, I repeated in my mind. I looked up at Jach's house. This time, it would be trickier to enter the domain. I walked around the residential area, scanning the walls. I was never invited to Jach's house, so I didn't know where his room was. I saw the opening of a window. I listened carefully what was happening inside. Today's a weekday, I reminded myself, so he must be here. The window was high up, and I couldn't reach it by jumping. But there was another way.
I carefully steadied myself on the solid surface. It bounced up and down, and made me feel nauseous. Great idea, I thought to myself sarcastically, trying to jump off a branch near one of the windows. I breathed in heavily, taking one last breath before I would run up to the end of the branch, and jump off to cling myself to the window. I stepped forwards, and as I saw the branch go down, I stepped backwards. My heart was racing inside my chest. I looked in front of me. I put my hands to the side of my head, and pushed them forwards. Look in front, I repeated to myself, the window is your goal, Leorn. I took one last breath, and I sprinted on the branch. It went down dangerously, and I jumped off it, spreading my arms in front of me. I slammed against the wall, and I gripped the edge of the window tightly.
“I made it,” I whispered to myself. But my chest hurt, and I closed my eyes tightly in pain. I then heaved myself up to the window. I was thankful to God for once, after I noticed that no one was in the room. I checked the window. It seemed like one that had the same system as my brother's. I pushed on the top of the window this time. It resisted, and I pushed harder. The window then cracked, and it fell backwards. I caught it just in time. I threw it to the ground, and it slammed against the ground, propelling shards of glass all over the ground. I looked downwards, and then I jumped. I landed heavily, but with hopefully less noise than I needed. I looked around, checking the room.
The room was dark, even though light came through the now broken window. It had a humid feel and smell. The corners had spider webs. I saw that we stored furniture in this room. There were many broken chairs, crummy desks, and even libraries and shelves. I glanced at the door. I walked over to it very cautiously. I opened it as silently as possible, and I peered through. I saw a big hall, and there was a room just in front of where I was. Down the hall, there was another room, then, there were stairs. I didn't know which of the two rooms were Jach's, and I hoped for the best. I tiptoed out of my hiding place, and I approached the door in front. I peeped through the keyhole.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 8:08 pm

I saw the Jach I knew well, writing something on his desk. I didn't know him at all, actually. I never would've thought that Jach would be writing. I put my hand on the doorknob slowly. My fingers coiled around the metal. I pressed on it, as slowly as I could, making barely a noise. If I was lucky, Jach would be daydreaming again, and I wouldn't have to scare my guts out for the noise. I pushed on the door silently. Jach didn't notice. He had his pencil in his mouth, and his head on his two hands. He was daydreaming, all right. I entered the room quietly, and I stepped in. Without taking my look off of my former friend, I pushed the door back closed. I reached for the gun at the back of my trousers. I took it firmly in my hand, and I walked over to Jach. He didn't notice one thing. I crept up silently behind him. My heart was thudding against my rib cage. Sweat drops formed on my forehead. I then grasped his mouth very tightly in one hand, and I pulled him backwards. He muffled something, but it was inaudible. It was also too late for him. I kept the chair from falling down, and I pinned Jach down onto the ground. I pointed my gun at his head.
“Surprised to see me, eh, Jach?” I said. He muffled something behind my hand. “Don't even try to yell, or I'll paint your floor in brain gray,” I warned him. He nodded slowly. I cautiously took my hand off of his mouth. I hoped he wasn't a fast morpher.
“Leorn!” He said.
“Himself,” I muttered quietly under gritted teeth. I pressed my weapon against his cheek, but he seemed unaffected.
“I was so worried about you, buddy!” He exclaimed.
“I wouldn't of thought that you would dare say that to me, traitor,” I barked at him.
“Huh?” He asked.
“Tell me, idiot,” I said, severely, “Why did you have to announce that I was a kuijin?”
“It wasn't my fault!” Jach said, defending himself. I shoved my weapon on the side of his head.
“Yet, it seems that the odds are against you. Coincidence, I don't think so,” I muttered.
“Okay, I admit it,” he began, “I was the one that saw you and your brother and sister.”
I slammed my hand down onto his neck, as I sat up on his body. I put one finger to the trigger.
“Then I guess it will only please me that I blow your head to pieces,” I said.
“No!” He exclaimed. I almost pulled the trigger at the time he said that word. “I only talked about it to my parents! I thought we could help out each other!” I lifted one eyebrow. My grip tightened on the weapon.
“I don't ally with traitors,” I murmured.
“That's not what I mean!” He exclaimed, “My parents were the ones that said you were a kuijin! I tried to stop them, I swear!” I looked at him suspiciously.
“Why would they want to blab about it?” I asked.
“They said that if they told the police that your family and you were kuijins, our family would be seen with a better eye, thus lowering the odds of us getting chased away!” Jach explained. I wanted to shoot his head at that time, but I refrained from doing so. But what made half my point of not shooting him at the precise moment, was that I heard the door open. It opened slowly, and a slim man came out. He had a small beard, and his hair stuck out at his forehead. He was wearing a tight shirt, and some ample pants.
“Are you doing all tat noise, Ja-” He began. He looked at me with wide eyes, then at Jach, who had my gun at his face. I turned silently to the man. The man stared back at me, his mouth opened wide, stuck.
“So you're the little idiot who said it,” I murmured, grinning, “You're going to really get it now.” I stood up slowly off of Jach, using my fist to push myself off the ground. I looked at the man, who seemed scared of me. I understood him. I was the one armed here. I lifted my gun to aim it at the man. He jumped, and dashed out the door. I shot after him, but Jach pushed on my arm, and made me miss.
“No!” He shouted. I pointed my gun at him.
“You better not do that again, unless you want a memory hole,” I warned. He backed away, holding his hands in front of him.
“Calm down, Leorn,” he whispered. I lifted my gun, and shot right next to his head. The bullet marked the wall. A black hole appeared, right next to Jach's ear. He looked at it, then looked back at me, breathing heavily.
“Don't tempt me,” I mumbled. I went out of the room, locking my gun again, and loading it. I would shoot at sight now. I dashed after the father. But then I stopped. I remembered my goal. I needed to bring Jach back to the building. But now that I knew that it wasn't him, I didn't feel like killing him. I got lost in my thoughts again, which I thought was weird, in the middle of a very active scene. I shook my thoughts off, and I faced reality. As I did, I saw the Jach's father leaped at me. I aimed and I shot. Jach's father fell to the ground aside of me, his hand coiling around the wound on his shoulder. He moaned in pain. I lifted my gun at his head.
“I'm not here to kill you, sorry,” I murmured. I walked into Jach's room. I looked around. He wasn't there. I turned around, and a hawk flew right next to my eyes. I stepped backwards, frightened. Jach had morphed into his kuijin form. The hawk screeched, and dove for me again. I rolled sideways, and pointed my gun. I shot three times, but I missed. It was hard to hit a moving target. Jach flew in circles, then dashed out the open window. I ran to it, and I broke it. I jumped out the window, and it was only then that I noticed that the window was high above the ground. I fell heavily on the floor. I heard a distant shrieking, and then it disappeared. I got up to my knees, and I cramped my head.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 8:22 pm

I could hear the sound that made my heart sink. Police sirens. I couldn't let them find me. I quickly got up, wobbling on my feet, and dashed away.
While I was running, I put the radio up to my ear and mouth. I opened the communication.
“James,” I said, panting, “Mission failed. Jach escaped.” At first, I thought that the radio broke, because I heard no answer. I tapped on it twice, and I heard a crackling.
“We're coming to get you,” James said. His voice was cold, and it didn't seem happy. I understood that. When he wanted something, I was sure that he got it, some way or the other.
“Arch street, twelfth building, get here quick,” I mumbled through the intercom. I heard the motor roar through the radio, and the communication broke. Damn! I repeated in my mind. Now he's really going to turn me over... I felt my heart beat faster, and I stopped, to take a breath. I looked back down the hill, and then I dashed to get to the road I indicated. I passed many trees on the way, as well as many buildings. I hid myself with the vegetation, hoping no one would see me.
I arrived at the road a moment later. I curled up, and put my hands against my knees to keep myself up. I breathed heavily. I heard a motor rumble somewhere in the distance. I looked at it, and I saw the black Porsche. I waved, and the vehicle stopped next to me. I opened the door, and I went inside. I gave out a great sigh. James held out his hand, I and handed the gun back to him. He opened the suitcase, and clipped the gun back in. I also passed him the radio, and he folded it back inside the briefcase. He clipped it closed again.
“Sorry,” I muttered. He remained silent for a while. The motor roared again, and we departed back to the building where I would get to my room again, and get some rest.
“I am very disappointed,” James mumbled. I remained silent. “And if there's one thing I don't like in my life,” he continued, “It's being disappointed.” I didn't answer, because I know he would just get even more furious. “You said you were up to these missions. You accepted to bring back every kuijin you found,” James insisted. I turned around to look at him.
“You said that Jach said that I was a kuijin,” I replied.
“You'll soon see that I am not talking about that,” James answered coldly. I felt uneasy for a moment. What was he talking about? I thought. We both remained silent during the whole of the path back. I turned to look out the window while we remained without a word.
When we arrived at our destination, Weston and James got out first. I came out, and James was waiting for me at the entrance of the building. He put the silver suitcase just behind the entrance. I followed James inside the building, and Weston stayed in the halls. James lead me down many corridors. I noticed after a while that we weren't going to the room I previously was in. James opened a locked door, and held out a hand so that I would go in. I went in as ordered. James turned on the light, and closed the door behind him.
As the light flashed on, all I could see was a chair in the middle of the room. I frowned. I was going to get lectured.
“Sit down, Leorn,” James said. I looked up at him cautiously, and I slowly sat onto the chair. James pressed on a button next to the entrance. Straps shot out of the chair, and locked me onto it. I struggled, but the straps were made out of strong metal. I scowled at James.
“What are you going to do?!” I asked. Even though I didn't hear the answer, I knew it was nothing good. James took the lights out, and a camera behind me went out of the ceiling. I struggled, but the chair wouldn't budge, and nor would I. The camera projected an animated image that I recognized. It was the scene between my siblings and me.
“How did you?!” I asked.
“My men are everywhere, Leorn, spying every single one of your simple gestures,” James explained. I watched the film closely. As it stopped, the light went back on, and the image faded away. James walked over to me. “I would like you to explain this,” he muttered, through gritted teeth.
“Why should I?!” I retorted. James lifted his hand, and gave me a direct slap on the cheek. My cheek reddened.
“I'm not going to repeat, Leorn,” James replied, looking downwards, “Explain.” I turned my head quickly to the man.
“Because you think slapping me will make me spill out the beans?” I answered. James turned his head up to me.
“No, in fact, I did that for the joy of hitting you,” he explained, “It's been a long time since I wanted to do that.” I growled at him, and he just sneered at me. “This is what I can do to you,” he said, “I can torture your parents right in front of your eyes, until you come begging for me to stop, but I won't” He sounded like he was going to do it. I glared at the man.
“You won't be able to,” I replied. James crouched to be at my height.
“Look, Leorn,” he said, calmly, “Here, I'm just trying to help you. You explain this, and we can just continue the way we were before.”
“Why do you want me to explain?” I asked.
“Because you'll truthfully regret if you don't,” James answered. I knew that when James said something he was serious about it. I gulped.
“I was talking to my brother and sister,” I replied.
“Where are they now?” James asked.
“I don't know,” I replied.
“Don't try to fool me,” James retorted, standing up.
“I'm not,” I replied, “I told them to go the hell away.”
“I don't think you would've done that to your brother and sister,” James replied, “Instead, weren't you plotting something against me?”
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 7:04 pm

“No, I wasn't!” I replied, shouting. James stared at me for a long time, and I glared back. He seemed as if he wanted to open his mouth, but he didn't. He frowned, and turned around, reaching in his suit, to take out a small, white pill from it. Quickly, he put it into his mouth, and gulped it down. He let out a slow sigh, and he looked back at me.
“Weren't you the one who said that you were going to kill me, Leorn?” James asked sarcastically, looking down at me. I frowned at the floor. I did say multiple times that I would kill the man. And now he was manipulating me into saying I was plotting against him.
“Yes, I was,” I replied honestly, “But I didn't plot with my sister and brother.”
“How can I believe you, Leorn?” James asked.
“You can't, in any way,” I replied, “But what I'm saying is the complete and utter truth.” I was surprised to see that sweat appeared on my forehead and temples. I couldn't wipe the drops off, and they flowed into my eyes. I closed them tight, stinging.
“Then you have no proof that you weren't, Leorn,” James answered coldly, “But unless I have proof that you have, I cannot punish you.” My thoughts brightened. But James continued speaking. “But, I am still very disappointed in you. You failed the mission, and you will be punished for it.”
“Jach flew away!” I yelled, “I couldn't do anything!”
“You had many chances to kill him,” James retorted, his eyes glistening with rage. “You shall be starved.” I looked up at him, frowning. Starving wasn't so bad. I thought it would've been worse. But, deep down, I knew that the longest tortures were the worst. The straps immediately slid back into the chair as James pushed a button again. He grabbed me by the collar of my shirt, and he pulled me out of the room. I staggered to keep up with him. After a few moments, we were both in front of my cell. The door opened, and James pulled me inside. He pinned me down by the neck, and attached my metal collar onto my neck. He threw me against the wall. I slammed heavily against it, my neck arching backwards because of the impact. I fell to the ground, my arms sprawled in front of me. James exited the room, and he closed the door behind him. A cold, sinister click was heard, echoing through the room, sign that the lock was turned once more.
I shakily got to my feet, cramping the back of my head. I look up at the camera, and cursed it within my mind. I knew that men were looking at me at that time. I lowered my head. I pulled on the chain again. It stretched, but kept its grip against the wall. I let it go, and it dangled, with a metal shriek, to the ground. I then frowned, and I checked the length of the chain. It was long, but only long enough to barely reach the door. Which was longer than I needed. I smirked to myself, chuckling. I put a hand up to my face, noticing that I was laughing. I couldn't stop laughing. I didn't know why I was laughing like that. I just felt like it. I slammed myself against the ground, and I stopped laughing. My face turned emotionless. I breathed slowly, calmly. I thought of a way to get out of this situation. This place. This building. And I was sure not to be the only one to get out.
As I walked in endless circles in the white room, my shadows crept along the floor, dancing a morbid wave. My chain slithered on the floor, following my every movement. I pulled on it again, making sure of the length. I then started walking in circles again, and hand up to my face, the other behind my back. I thought of Jach. Where was he now? Not in the city, of course, I thought. He fled after I wanted to kill him, and the police came in. That must be half the point. I wonder what he is doing now... I tried thinking of possible theories, but most of them went down. I needed to keep the idea that Jach was a hawk kuijin. It was true that I found it hard to believe that he was a kuijin, but now that I thought of it, why not? I stopped walking, and I closed my eyes.
I jerked my head to the side, as I heard the locks twist in the door. It opened slowly, and I saw James enter the room, with a piece of bread in his hand. He threw it to me. It landed on the floor, and skidded to my feet.
“Your weekly meal,” he said, simply. I frowned at the piece of bread. Weekly? I thought. Now I know why he said he would starve me. I looked back at him, and he looked back at me. He closed the door behind him, approaching me. “Leorn,” he began.
“Hm?” I answered briefly, not looking up at him. I took the piece of bread and I sat on my bed. I started nibbling the edge of the food. James followed me to my resting place, and he crouched to me.
“You're making a mountain out of a molehill, Leorn,” James said. Hypocrite, I thought aggressively. “If you had answered me honestly, you wouldn't have to endure this sufferance,” he continued.
“I did answer you honestly,” I announced.
“You probably did, in fact,” James muttered under his breath, “But do you suspect that your brother and sister come after you?” He asked. I looked at James.
“I told them to get the hell away from the city, to live somewhere else, and to forget me,” I answered honestly, “Because I was in a very bad situation, and I still am, to be honest.” I thought for a bit. “But knowing them, they probably won't listen to me. They'll come here and try to get me.”
“Just tell them that I have ways to counterattack if they do,” James answered calmly. He stood up. “I shall kill your parents first, if they even try, leaving you alone.” I gulped. “Second, I shall kill the girl.”
“It won't change anything,” I retorted. James seemed surprised. “Haylyn's announced dead. And I am as well.”
“Where did you learn that?” James asked.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 7:05 pm

“Newspaper,” I replied, biting into the bread, “Easy.” I turned to James. “Why am I declared dead?” I asked. James smiled at me.
“To make your work even more discreet,” he answered quickly.
“Then why is Haylyn known as dead, also?” I asked.
“I needed something more than your parents to manipulate you,” he replied.
“Why do you think that using Haylyn would make you able to manipulate me?” I asked. James looked at me with his piercing eyes.
“I know what's happening between you and Haylyn,” he replied.
“Are you insinuating something?” I retorted.
“Of course I am,” James answered coldly, “Love is a terrible thing, Leorn.”
“You're saying that I'm in love with Haylyn?” I replied, standing up angrily.
“Of course,” James answered, “It's utterly obvious, Leorn. No one would never let someone as close as you did, especially as you are a 'human' not like the others.”
“What do you mean?” I replied.
“You're in love, Leorn, but you may not think of it,” James answered.
“And why would I be?!” I retorted. I was getting pissed off. James was no one to say that I was in love, or anything. I choose the ways I want to take. It's my life, after all. I knew that I wasn't in love with Haylyn. She just helped me, that's all.
“There's no reason for love, is there?” James commented back at me, “In one way, I mean.” I couldn't stand this idiot talking to me like that anymore. I stepped towards him, and he didn't move. I scowled at the man, and then I smirked. He frowned at me. I quickly turned behind James, and I pushed him down to the ground, by jumping on his back. I swiftly took my chain, and wrapped it twice around his neck, and I pulled. He started choking.
“Ain't gonna repeat that now, eh, idiot?” I said sarcastically. He tried to breathe, but it only came up as many gasps for air. I pulled harder, pushing on his back with on leg. “Listen to me very carefully,” I warned, “I am not in love with Haylyn, do you understand?” James gasped as an answer. “Second,” I continued, “If that camera really works, your men should be in this room any second now, so don't be scared of death, all right?”
The door slammed open, as I thought it would. Five men scattered in the room, all aiming their guns at me. They were heavily covered, and their weapons also seemed heavy.
“Let him go, or we'll take you down!” One shouted.
“Try me!” I yelled back. Just as one lifted their weapon, I yanked my head sideways. As I thought would happen, the bullet was shot, and it broke my chain. I let go of James, and I dashed out the door. Luckily for me, these bodyguards weren't the best I saw. They shot as well as the police. I went out of the room, and I closed the door behind me. I turned the key inside, and I broke it. They were locked inside. If my expectations were correct, this was a reinforced door, and bullets would do nothing against it. As soon as I broke the key, a red light filled the whole area. A blaring sound was heard everywhere, and I glanced around, thinking of a solution. A voice came out of nowhere, repeating the same thing over and over again.
Red Alert! Red Alert! Sector four, second floor! Red Alert!
I only have a very short time to get out of here, I thought. I looked at the wall, and saw a map of the sector. I ripped it off, and looked at it quickly. I saw what I wanted to see. Camera Control Room. It wasn't that far away from where I was. I looked sideways, noticing a metal plate, where the ventilation was. I gripped it, and ripped it off. I threw it away, and I went inside, the map still in my hand. I'll have to go through the first right, I thought. As I got further away from where I entered, I heard steps entering the room where I was previously.
“Where is he?!” One shouted.
“He went by the ventilation!” One replied. I cursed at myself, and I forced myself to go faster. I turned right. I was making a lot of noise, and I hoped that the ventilation wasn't anywhere near alarmed men. I was wrong.
“He's there!” A man yelled. I heard many clicks, and then many shots. I saw holes appear behind me, and I fastened my pace. The holes stopped at one point. I must be going into a wall, I thought. I continued, and I looked at the map. I was near the Camera Room. I looked around, and I saw another ventilation plate. I peered through the small holes. I saw the Camera Control Room. There was one man, sitting on a chair, checking all cameras. He was looking for me. He was probably armed as well. My supposition was answered, when I saw the glint of a gun appear next to his leg. He was armed, but not as well as the other men. I had to try my luck, and risk it. I turned around, and I slammed the ventilation pad with my foot. The plate shot out, falling on the floor. I slithered out, and the man immediately turned at me, pointing his gun at me. He shot, and I tried to dodge, but the bullet landed in my left arm. I yelled out, and I put a hand to my arm. Now I knew what Jach's father felt when I shot him. I fell to the ground. The man approached me, and I saw that he was in a prime position. I twisted sideways, catching his feet, and slamming into him. He fell over, shooting with his gun, but missing. The bullets bounced off the walls, with sparks shooting out where they did. I heard a silent thud, as the man's head hit the back of the chair. He fell to the ground, unconscious. I took his gun, and checked for the ammo. I put it back in. I only had several shots. I had to use them widely. I kept a hand on my arm, the pain swelling up inside. I knew that I would lose too much blood if I kept it like that. I looked at the man, and then I looked at the cameras. I needed to know where my father and mother were, as well as were Haylyn was. I checked the cameras. I then saw a screen where I recognized a girl.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 7:05 pm

The female was panicking because of the alert. She was looking everywhere, and then she glanced at the camera. It was a pity that she couldn't see me. I checked at the top right of the screen. Sector four, second floor. She was on the same floor as where I was before. I then checked for my father and mother. I saw a man, glancing desperately around, checking the walls. He was trying to find a way out. I recognized his physical features, and I knew it was my father. I checked the sector and floor. Sector two, fifth floor. I then looked at the screen just next to it, and I saw my mother. It was also sector two, fifth floor. I looked at the other screens, feeling sorry for the others. I didn't have time to turn around, when the man that I knocked out earlier grabbed me from behind, trying to strangle me with his tough arms. I fought back, but he didn't let go. He picked me up, and lifted me. I couldn't breathe. I dropped my gun, and grabbed at the man's arms. Even if I transformed into a coyote, it wouldn't get me out of the situation. I then thought of self defense. When somebody grabbed you from the back like that, and he was taller than you, you had to...
I smirked to myself, even though no one could see it, as I was choking, trying to get my breath back. I then heaved myself forwards, hoping that the man wouldn't fall. He didn't. He kept a firm grip on my neck. I then heaved myself backwards, my foot kicking the man in the crotch. He let me fall onto the ground, and he grabbed at his part. I got up to my feet, and I sneered at the man, who was doubled over, trying to get his breath.
“Sorry for your kids,” I said. I leaned over and grabbed the gun again. I looked down at him. “Just be thankful I'm not killing you right now.” I looked over at the exit, and I dashed over to it. I opened the door, and I slammed it shut behind me. I walked over to the intersection with a hall. I heard many heavy footsteps in the hall, and I pressed myself against the wall. Many men passed me, sprinting down the corridor. They didn't notice me. When I thought all the men passed, I peered out the side of the hall. There was nobody. I dived down the corridor, front flipping to another intersection, checking if men were coming. I then checked for cameras, but I didn't really care, because the guy at the cameras earlier probably didn't already get up on his feet yet. I ran passed the cameras, not caring. I checked the map again. Sector four, second floor was just on my left. I looked sideways. I saw nobody in sector. I ran to the different rooms. I saw mine. I sneered, thinking that James and the other people were still inside. I then quickly walked to the next door, and I opened it. I saw Haylyn inside, doing what she was doing before, when I was looking at the screen. She noticed me, and ran towards me.
“Leorn!” She yelled, throwing herself onto me to hug me. I was surprised to see myself hug her back. Love her... I thought. I quickly shook off the idea, and then I concentrated on the present.
“Haylyn, we need to get out of here,” I said, quickly, looking around.
“Right,” she replied, getting out of the room.
“After we get my parents, of course,” I continued. She looked at me.
“But...” She began.
“Haylyn,” I retorted, “I'm not leaving them here.” Haylyn looked at me, then nodded slowly. I was comforted to see that she knew how I felt for this. I quickly got out of the room, along with Haylyn, and I closed and locked the door behind me. I ran down the hall, and then I looked through the corridor. Multiple men were running down it, and they saw me.
“There he is!” One shouted. They aimed their guns, and shot. I quickly took my head back, and I dodged the bullets. I glanced at Haylyn, who was breathing heavily. I looked at a table. I pointed there, and Haylyn went under. I looked above the entrance to this hall. I saw a small platform, used to put cameras on. I heaved myself up, with a lot of difficulty, since I only had one arm in good shape, and I laid myself on the platform. I ripped off the two cameras, and I grabbed them in one hand, and I took the gun in another. The man poured inside the hall, looking for me.
“Where is he?!” One yelled. Another man noticed Haylyn.
“The girl!” He shouted. I then threw a camera at one of the men, as well as the other. I both hit them in the head, and they were knocked out. They seemed stunned for a moment, and then they looked up. I waved at them. They aimed their guns at me, and I slid sideways off the small platform, dangling from my legs, shooting them with my gun. Their shots missed, and I shot them either in the body, the chest or in the arm. I then sideflipped to my feet, seeing as I shot them all, and they were all on the ground. I put a hand up to my bleeding arm, growling. I fell to my arms.
“Agh!” I yelled. Haylyn got up, and crouched near me.
“Leorn, you're hurt!” She said.
“No, ahem..., Sherlock,” I retorted. I pointed to the table. “Get me a piece of cloth, to stop the bleeding, will ya?” Haylyn got up, and quickly scampered over to the table, taking the whole roll of cloth. She ripped off a long piece, and she started tightening it around my wound. She added a final knot, and I thanked her, getting to my feet, keeping a grip on my gun. I stood up straight, one hand still on my wound. The pain was propagating all over in my chest, and it hurt a lot. I could barely move the arm. I stepped to the intersection, and I looked out by the side. There was no one. I beckoned Haylyn to stay close, and I went out by the corridor. I tried finding my way through the large building, with the map in my hand. I had to go down a staircase, that was just next to me. Skipping down the steps two by two, I arrived, falling onto the ground with a slight thud, using my hand to slow down the fall. I jumped to my feet, and Haylyn pressed against me. My grip on the gun tightened. I padded down the halls I recognized, keeping my wounded arm close to me, not moving. I hoped that I would get the bullet out of the wound soon enough, because I was scared of it getting infected, then losing my arm because of that. Haylyn skipped alongside me. I then looked at the map again, and I saw a staircase located not far from where we were, to go up. We would have to get up that staircase, and then go to the next one, and to the next one, until we reached the fifth floor.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 7:06 pm

Then, we would have to go down a bit to join the sector two. I saw the staircase, and I ran up to the last step, followed closely by Haylyn. I stopped at the last step, looking out to see if there were any men. Not noticing any, I got up, and went to the second staircase. I quickened my pace, as I heard yells behind me.
“There he is!” A man yelled. I then heard a few gunshots, and bullets whizzed past my head. Haylyn crouched in her pace, to try and dodge. We turned to the second staircase, and started running up. Our footsteps were accompanied by the loud thudding of heavy boots, worn by the other men. We scampered up the staircase, to reach the second floor. I hoped that the man I 'dazzled' earlier still wasn't in good shape enough to get up and look at the cameras to pass the alert.
Haylyn and I reached the last step of the third staircase, showing us that we were on the second floor of the building. We glanced around, but we chose not to falter here, because we heard the loud tramples made by the men behind us. We kept on going up the fourth staircase. We tried not to stop in our sprint. After I had arrived at the top of the fourth staircase, I noticed that I was breathing heavily, and that Haylyn was almost dead tired. She wouldn't be able to keep up for long, and neither would I. I looked back at her. She seemed determined. We heard the steps on the floor below us. I grasped her hand tightly in mine, and I ran, pulling her with me.
“C'mon!” I yelled. I began going up the fifth staircase of the building. There was a lift we could've used, but it was probably too slow for it to be any use to us. We continued sprinting up, breathing heavily to catch our breath. My grip on the weapon I held tightened, and my whole arm tensed, as I ran up the stairs. My wounded arm was kept on my body, and I hoped it wouldn't move, to limit the bleeding. We halted at the end of the fifth floor.
“One more!” I yelled at Haylyn. She was panting. Her grip tightened on my hand.
“I don't know...” She began, faltering her breath, “If I can make it...” Haylyn fell to the ground on her knees, pushing on one hand to keep up, her hand still attached to mine. I heard the footsteps below us.
“They're coming!” I warned. Haylyn nodded slowly, pushing on one of her knees to get up to her feet. Sweat drops stained the white floor below her, and sweat soaked my clothing. I pulled Haylyn towards me, and I put an arm around her back. I then ran with her. We both sprinted up the sixth staircase, until the fifth floor. The red lights were blaring giant sounds, and my eyes and ears hurt. But I kept on moving. As we appeared on the top of the sixth staircase, we looked down the aisle, to go to sector two. I saw men at the bottom of the aisle. They lifted their guns at me. I pressed against a wall, along with Haylyn. They shot, and missed. They were making us lose time. I heard the footsteps below just get closer and closer to us. Sector two was only next to us, but there was no way to get there without being shot. The shots then stopped.
“Cease fire!” One man shouted at the others. I took the chance. I jumped from my hiding place, and I somersaulted into the second sector, along with Haylyn. I quickly turned around, and closed the emergency doors by strength, with one arm. They clicked open, and then closed in the entrance. I hoped they were solid doors, able to block bullets. I padded down the hall where all the rooms were, panting. I looked desperately at the numbers on the door, checking each one. I didn't know where my father or mother were. I had to open them randomly. But there were so many. It would just waste my time.
“Haylyn,” I said, turning to her. She listened. “Open the doors, one by one. Now!” I went to one door, and opened it. There was a man I couldn't recognize that was trapped inside, with a collar and a chain, just like I did. I don't know if we can get all of them... I thought. I need to. They'll be able to help us to get out of here. I went into the room, running. I didn't have any key to open the collar, and I most certainly didn't have the force to break it.
“Stand aside!” I warned. The man crouched. I aimed my gun, and shot at his chain. The chain snapped, and he was free. He lifted himself, but didn't say anything. “Get out into the hall, now, with the others!” I said to the man. He nodded, and went out of the room. I closed the room behind me. I heard a yell.
“Leorn!” It was Haylyn. “I found your mother!” I padded over to the room from where I heard the yell. I quickly went in. I looked at the female, and I recognized her. She was my mother.
“Leorn!” She yelled, euphoric to see me.
“Don't move,” I warned. She froze, and I aimed the gun at the chain. I pulled the trigger, and a loud bang was heard. The chain broke, and my mother stood up. She went over to me and hugged me tightly.
“Leorn!” She repeated. I pushed her off gently.
“Mother,” I answered, “We have other people to get. Like father, for example.” My mother nodded weakly. “Where is he?” I asked quickly. My mother pointed sideways. I nodded, and I handed mother over to Haylyn. She gripped on mother tightly, and I dashed out of the door. As I went out of the room, I saw that the emergency doors were being smashed in. I heard very loud, incessant bangs on the door. They were like battering rams. I quickly dashed to the next door, and I opened it with the key. I saw a man, lying down on the ground, head lowered.
“Father!” I yelled. He looked up. He seemed very surprised to see me. I couldn't blame him.
“Leorn!” He said, standing up. I ran to him, and I hugged him tightly. I noticed tears drop out of my eyes. I couldn't believe that it was really him. I tightened my hug, as he did. I shifted my gun to get in a better position. I then pushed away from him.
“I'm going to get you out of here, father,” I said, wiping the tears out of my eyes.
“What? How-” He began.
“Don't move,” I warned once again, aiming the gun at the chain. My hands were shaking. I then held the gun firmly, and I pressed the trigger.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 7:06 pm

Click.
The cold sound repeated itself in my mind for moments, that seemed like minutes. I widened my eyes. I felt the tears rise in my eyes again. My stomach twisted into a tight knot, pressing out every ounce of will in my mind. My heart sank, splashing into the faint puddle of will that was left. There weren't any more bullets.
“No bullets,” my father and I chorused. I dropped the gun, and came to him. I tried pulling the chain out of the wall.
“Help me!” I yelled. He pulled on the chain as well, but nothing did. It was too strong. And I couldn't do much with my wounded arm. I let go, and I fell on the ground. My father went up to me.
“Oh no...” I muttered. My father stood silent, putting one hand through my hair.
“It's okay,” he tried to comfort me. His voice seemed like oil, coming out of his teeth. It was gentle, and slick, but there wasn't much of a use to it.
“No, it's not,” I moaned back, the tears escaping from my eyes, “I can't leave you here.”
“Did you get your mother?” He asked. I nodded faintly. “Good.” He then picked me up, and hugged me tightly against his chest. I wrapped my arms around him. “You're going to be brave, Leorn,” he muttered through almost closed lips, “You're going to get out of here with your mother.”
“No!” I yelled out, “I can't leave you here, damn it!”
“You have to,” he insisted, “Or else we'll all go down.”
“I can't!” I retorted.
“You can!” My father shouted back at me. I remained silent after that. Haylyn skipped into the room, with my mother's arm around her neck.
“Quick!” She said, “The guards are going to break the door!” Haylyn noticed that my father's chain wasn't broken. My mother also noticed that.
“No...” My mother muttered. “No!” Mother scampered over to the chain, and began pulling on it.
“Instead of staring, try to break the chain!” She shouted.
“No!” Father shouted back, “It'll only waste time. You need to get out of here.”
“I can't without you!” My mother cried. I stood still, as Haylyn did. We didn't know what to say. My mother went over to my father, and wrapped her arms around his neck, and my father embraced her as well. We all saw the tears come out of her eyes. I wiped mine away with my dirty sleeve. Even Haylyn seemed that she was about to cry. But she didn't. She kept the tears back.
“I'm sorry,” my father muttered. His hand raised to the back of my mother's head, and he kissed her. She kissed him back tenderly. I lowered my head, as did Haylyn. My father then pushed mother away.
“Now, go,” he said quickly.
“No!” Mother shouted.
“Leorn,” father began, “Take your mother.” I went up to her, and I grabbed her. I pulled her out of the room. She tried to resist.
“No!” She yelled, the tears escaping her eyes. My father lowered his head, and sat back onto the floor. Haylyn went out of the room first. I then came out with mother. I closed the door, and locked it with the key. My mother squirmed out of my grasp, and then turned the key again. I dashed for the door, and I quickly turned the key, and broke it into the lock.
“What did you just do?!” She yelled at me. I didn't like when she yelled at me.
“Mother!” I cried out, “This is as hard as it is for you as it is for me! Now, if you don't move this instant, we'll all die here! C'mon!” Mother remained silent. She wept quietly against the wall. She cleaned her tears, by wiping them with her forearm. She nodded quickly.
“Let's go,” she whispered. I nodded. I looked at Haylyn. She nodded as well, and picked up mother. The door started cracking at the joints.
“Quick!” I said, walking away, with mother. “We need to get out of here!”
A man came out of nowhere. I remembered him. It was the man that I had saved. I cursed myself within. If I hadn't saved him, I could've saved father.
“You bastard!” I shouted at him. He stepped back once.
“I have to say that I don't understand,” he said, quite simply. Haylyn gave me mother, and turned to him.
“They had to leave a member of their family, because Leorn saved you first,” Haylyn explained sternly. The man looked down.
“I'm... I'm sorry,” he muttered. I scowled at the ground.
“You couldn't of known,” I retorted, “Anyways, give us a hand, will ya?” I asked. He nodded quickly, and stepped over to handle mother. I didn't like him touching mother at the moment. Father was overprotective of her, and I was also. But for now, nothing else could be done. We treaded down the hall, further away from the doors, as fast as we could manage with mother. The alarm was still on, and the sound was blaring into my ears. I looked at the man.
“What are you?” I asked.
“Kuijin,” he muttered back, “From Germany. Got me hostage back there, killed my mother, my father is still of an unknown whereabout, as are my two sisters. I've been held captive here ever since 1981,” he explained.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 7:21 pm

“Then you must know this place damn well,” I concluded, “Do you know anywhere to go?” The man looked around.
“To the next right,” he said, “If we go down that hall, not only may we escape the security cameras, but we'll also get to the exit faster.”
“There's nothing to worry about for the security cameras,” I announced.
“Why so?” He asked, still padding down the hall.
“Let's just say that the camera guy won't be having kids for a while,” I said.
“Ouch,” the man answered. We continued treading down the hall. We turned right, as the man said, instead of left, as I would've done.
“Soul Animal?” I asked.
“Armadillo,” he answered. I looked at him. He must've been a pretty good morpher, since he barely showed any of the armadillo features. He only had a slightly arched back, and a short muzzle.
“Name?” I asked.
“Ulser,” he answered quickly. We went through a hall that I never passed before. “The sectors are based on the captives' ages. You're from what sector?” He asked.
“Fourth,” I answered.
“That's normal,” Ulser explained, “It goes from sector six to one. Sector six are for the newborn. Most female kuijin that give birth here have their infant transferred to the sector six. Nurses take care of the infant, and, normally, they aren't very good morphers, because they didn't have the training of a parent.” Ulser continued, “Sector five is for the kids. Ages three to twelve. Sector four, the one you were in, are for teens. Ages thirteen through twenty. Sector three are for young adults. Ages twenty-one through thirty. Sector two, where your parents were, are for adults. Ages thirty-one to anything below sixty. Then, sector one is for the kuijins above sixty years.”
“Any particular orders for the floors?” I asked.
“Not to my knowledge,” Ulser indicated.
After the short discussion, we were at the head of some stairs. They looked long, but there weren't any security guards.
“What are these stairs?” I asked.
“The door that we went through at the right only opens in emergency. People are probably following us behind, so we must advance in pace. These stairs lead to the emergency exit, and we'll be free from there,” Ulser explained. I nodded, and I started going down the stairs, followed by Haylyn, who was shortly followed by Ulser and my mother. We skipped stairs two by two. At the middle of the stairs, we heard shouts from above.
“They went down here!” A man shouted.
“We better hurry,” Ulser warned, “We need to get out of this place ASAP.” I quickly nodded, and I helped Ulser help mother. Haylyn joined us, and we began skipping down the stairs three by three. We quickly arrived at the bottom, but we were closed in by security guards. Ulser pointed forwards.
“Quick!” He yelled, “The emergency door! You need to burst it open!” I nodded, and I dashed to the door as fast as I could. I shot out one leg, and the door swung open very quickly, slamming the walls behind them. I leapt out into the outside. Night was falling, and the moon was high in the dark sky. The first stars twinkled in the darkness. Faint blows of wind brushed my clothing and hair. I turned around quickly, facing the others.
“C'mon!” I yelled, “We need to get out of here!” Ulser and Haylyn nodded once, and went out the door. We started running again. The darkness was shattered as flashlights pierced it, and dropped onto our group.
“There they are!” One man shouted. I quickly sped up my pace. I turned around, looking at the men. I don't know why, but I stopped, just to look at them. I didn't want to leave my father in there. Not with these cruel antagonists. Haylyn and Ulser passed me. Haylyn turned around, seeing that I was not moving.
“C'mon, Leorn!” She shouted. Her voice echoed in my mind. I was trying to move my limbs, but I couldn't do anything. I heard a gunshot. Haylyn gasped. I kept looking at the men. I felt something hit my chest abruptly. I slowly took a shaking hand up to my chest, putting my hand where I felt numb. I heard Ulser yell.
“Keep on running!”
“Leorn!” Haylyn yelled. Her voice faded away. I saw a man, aiming a gun at me. A faint line of smoke lagged in front of the gun's cannon. The mere sight of the men made a shiver run up my spine. He was dressed in brown, and his white hair shined in the few spectres of light that flowed in the darkness. James. I fell backwards, falling onto the ground with a loud thud. My vision got blurry, and it got all mixed up, with the lights and stars. I felt my heartbeat get slower. I gazed up at the sky, while I heard light footsteps get away, and heavy footsteps approach. I closed my eyes tiredly. I heard a yell once again, that echoed many times in my mind. The voice was so faded and distorted, it was impossible to recognize it. As it went away, I stumbled into darkness.
“Leorn!”
I felt a jolt of pain surge into my body. I sat upright, tensed. I put a hand to my chest, where it hurt. The pain was as regular as my heartbeat. I strained against it, and I doubled over. The pain welled up inside my whole body. I closed my eyes tightly, and I tried to breathe. I couldn't. I stood there, curled up upon myself, one hand to my heart, the other pressing off from the bed. A shot of pain in my left shoulder bolted me down to the bed I was on. I looked at it, lifting it above the surface slightly.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 1:35 pm

I saw a big, red spot on my shoulder. It had darkened, but I recognized the smell immediately. It was blood. I lifted my other hand to try and pull up the sleeve to have a further inspection of the wound, but, quickly, out of nowhere, a hand came out and stopped me from doing my action. I tried to pull, but the other hand kept a firm grip on my available one. A shot of pain made me stop struggling, and I moaned quietly, hurt. I opened one eye to look up at the person who was holding me.
My vision was blurry. It twisted in all directions, and I couldn't recognize anything. I only knew that I was in a white room, with a black spot up in a corner. I blinked multiple times, readjusting my eyesight. I soon saw a person that made my heart jump. He wore his brown suit, as always, and he had his glinting white hair. I growled at the man, of who I knew the identity as James. He glared back at me, and I was taken aback. His look was fierce, as I've ever seen it before.
His hand tightened on my wrist, but he soon took it off, sliding it off my wrist. He put it on his lap. He was sitting on a white chair, that matched the whole of the room. I saw the camera put up in one of the corners of the room. It was black, contradictory to anything else in the room, as always.
“I am...” James began, calmly, “Annoyed, Leorn, by your actions.” There was a small pause, as a small smirk crept along my lips. “And if there's one thing I don't like,” James continued, “it is being annoyed.”
“Well, I got you good back there, didn't I?” I teased.
“You won't do it again,” James warned.
“Ah, but I will,” I insisted, my sneer getting bigger, “you just watch me.”
“We've taken some more precautions,” James replied coldly.
“Like what?” I snapped, turning my head completely to him, “More guards? I'll pass 'em.”
“That would just be a waste of men,” James truthfully answered, “if we were to take precautions such as that, why not kill you now?”
“That's true,” I replied, “why not kill me now?”
“Because we think you ought to cooperate now,” James answered.
“Oh really?” I hissed, “Haylyn, mother and Ulser have fled, and you know that well. I shall do the same.”
“Yes, maybe Ulser, Haylyn and your mother have exited this area,” James admitted, “but aren't you forgetting someone?”
“You mean...” I muttered, “what did you do with father?”
“We killed him,” he answered darkly. I took a quick breath, my eyes widening. I had thought this would happen, but I hadn't thought that when it would come, it would make such a hole in my heart, and such a knot in my stomach.
“Y... You...” I stuttered, “You bastard!”
I lunged for the man, but his hand swept back swiftly behind him, pulling out a revolver. He shoved it on my wound, and I yelled out of pain, falling onto my bed again. I whined, putting a hand up to the bleeding hole. James stood up, and pushed the hand away, and pushed the gun further into the wound. I yelled again. Tears started leaking out of my tightly closed eyes.
“Leorn, I won't hesitate to-” James began.
“I'm going to kill you all, you hear me?!” I yelled, “All of you crummy idiots!”
A loud gunshot was heard. My back arched, and I stood on my head and feet, unable to breath. I then crippled into a tight ball, pain swelling up inside my body, slowly advancing. I saw blood stain the white blankets of the bed I was on. The chain around my neck tingled as it hit the wall. The tears also spilled onto the blankets, and it mixed with the blood. I whimpered quietly under my breath. James put his gun to my leg. I twitched violently.
“You are going to listen to me, Leorn,” James snarled, “if you disobey any of my orders from now on, or if you even attempt anything against me, you shall have to face the death of the people close to you.”
I don't know how or why, but I managed to twist myself around, casting a scowl at the man I loathed. I small, line of saliva leaked from my mouth, to drip onto the cloths. I pushed myself off my legs, to haul myself, out of fury, onto James. But he was in better shape than I was, and thus had better reflex. He shoved his gun into my right leg, and another gunshot was heard. I fell down onto the hard ground, hitting my head on the side of the chair James was previously sitting on. Pain doubled inside my body, and I wanted to yell, but only a quiet squeak escaped my wide open mouth. I felt the darkness rush up into my mind, and I looked up weakly. I saw the dark figure loom over me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the gun glint in James' hands. I whimpered silently, closing my eyes tight, tears running from my eyes, creating a small puddle on the floor. I bit my lip tightly. I heard my heart thud against my chest, echoing in my ears. James turned his head.
“Medics!” he yelled. The sound resonated in my head, and my eyes turned up. I succumbed to the obscurity that surrounded my whole body. I fell into a deep, never ending hole.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 7:45 pm

My eyes shot opened as I heard a bang next to me. A bang, as in a metal object hitting the floor heavily. I sat up as fast as possible. A sharp pain came from my body, and it pinned me down. I whimpered quietly, as the pain focused on certain points of my body. I slowly lifted my head, to look at where I was, squinting because of the pain. The light from above blinded me. I blinked multiple times, the lamp above hurting my eyes. I tried to think about what had happened. I remembered, as I felt a jolt of pain surge through my arm and leg. I remembered everything. A wave of rage and fury swelled up inside me, but quickly died down as another jolt of pain escaped my body, and I whined again, leaving tears draw from my wet eyes.
I slowly opened my eyes again, and I gazed over at the blanket that covered my body. I opened my mouth, and bit onto the blanket, the cloth getting wet from my saliva. I pulled the blanket away by jerking my head with one great movement. It fell onto the floor in a heap, and I noticed the bandages on my arm and leg. I cursed James within my mind. The bandages were dark red, color of dried blood. I coughed, and I laid my head back.
I saw that my other arm had a bandage on it, too, but I didn't remember it being damaged. It connected to a plastic tube, with red liquid pouring down. I followed the tube with my eyes, and I saw it connected to a bag, full of red liquid. I knew that it was blood. I had lost so much, that I needed this to keep alive. I sighed a sigh full of regret, but also full of determination. I saw a woman, picking up the big metal bowl she had dropped to put it back on a rolling table.
I took a great breath, and I laid my head back on the comfortable cushion. I was in the medical sector of the building. I knew that I was with other kuijin. I wondered if I could speak to them, but a nurse would notice. And, anyways, how could they help me? They were either wounded or sick. And I couldn't blame them.
I heard footsteps come towards me. They echoed dimly around the whole room, but I recognized the manner how they landed onto the ground, and I heard the faint squeak of the shoes as they flexed with the movements of the man I longed to kill one day. James. I kept my eyes closed, trying to seem like I was sleeping. I heard James pull a chair out of under the mattress I was on. I heard the feet of the chair squeal against the floor, like a bike when it wasn't oiled enough. I breathed calmly, and steadily.
“Don't pretend you're sleeping, Leorn,” James murmured, “If you were, the blankets wouldn't be on the floor right now.”
I smirked, and opened my eyes, to look up at the man with hair that shined with the light. He seemed like the sun itself, but not at all as the image humans gave it. James seemed as gentle as usual, like when I first met him. But under that fake smile, I knew that he was willing to kill every last one of my race. I thought of something. “Leorn,” he began.
“James,” I interrupted, “Why are you doing this?”
“Why am I doing what?” James asked quietly.
“All this,” I replied casually, rolling my eyes, “You say you want kuijin to find more kuijin, to experiment on them.”
“Exactly.”
“But to who's benefit are the experiments?” I asked.
“You don't need to know that, now do you, Leorn?” James replied, lifting his eyebrows at me. “Anyways, I'm not here to answer these futile questions, Leorn,” he continued, “I'm here to propose a deal.”
“Another one?” I replied, with a mocking laugh. James paid no attention.
“Bring Jach back to me, and I will liberate you, and forget anything about you, your family and your friends.” I lifted one eyebrow.
“Why is Jach suddenly so important to let you say that?” I asked.
“I don't need to answer that either,” James answered.
“If you're not going to answer any of my questions, I might as well wait until I have the perfect time to kill you and get out of here myself,” I replied coldly.
“My men will find you sooner or later, and annihilate you, as well as your family, and your dear Haylyn,” James retorted, as coldly as ever.
“She's not really my dear, but I'll let that pass,” I answered, not troubled by the aggressive tone in his reply, “Just answer my last question, and I might accept.”
James sighed. He frowned, and he let a while pass. He then coughed, and turned a gentle gaze back to me. “Leorn,” he began, “We have some suppositions that your friend Jach is different than the other kuijin.”
“Why?” I asked.
“My men and I went back to Jach's residential area. Of course, there was nobody, as they all fled,” he explained.
“And?”
“We analyzed the dried blood that had spilled out of the arm of Jach's father when you shot him, and we found an... Ingredient in his blood that did not match any other blood sample I saw I any other kuijins' body,” he continued.
“You mean there was something unique in this guy's blood?” I asked.
“In other words, yes.”
“But then why try to find Jach?” I asked.
“Because we think that his father's blood was passed onto him,” James answered calmly.
“But then why not use the sample you already have? And why not try to find Jach's father instead of Jach himself?” I asked. It was getting pretty fishy, and I sensed it in my mind. I needed to know.
“First, because we don't have enough blood to make a radical effect on the bodies we shall experiment on, and, secondly, because we have last sighted Jach's father were you last saw him, and we last saw Jach himself yesterday, in Marseille, France,” he explained.
“Then why can't your men get him?” I asked.
“Most of my men are concentrated around this area of France, Leorn, and sadly, only very few around the world. We won't be able to track Jach down. But, you, Leorn, you are his friend. You can convince him to 'stay' with you.”
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 7:45 pm

“James,” I retorted, “I had the chance to kill Jach, I shot his father, and I shot at Jach but missed, you really think I'm his friend?!”
“Just tell that a society hired you to take him to them, but they had lied about bringing him back to his family.”
"He'll think it's suspicious," I replied.
“Just try your best. You'll be armed, so you'll have a way to 'keep' him with you,” James answered.
“But who says you're not like that society and you're also lying about bringing me back to my family?” I asked, sceptically.
“There's no deal, then?” James asked.
I knew that if I didn't accept, I might get killed. And, anyways, I might get killed after. But what if he was really meaning it? I could finally see my family again, and finally get a new, start-from-zero life. Everything here would be forgotten past. Mother, I thought, Serella... Jakalt...
“I'll do it,” I mumbled, “But who says Jach is not going to move while I regenerate from the wounds you did to me?” I asked.
“Ah, those,” James replied softly, “Don't worry about that. We are almost sure he's going to Spain.”
“How are you so sure?” I asked.
“Because we traced one of his telephonic conversations,” James replied calmly. I frowned, and I sighed.
“Fine,” I muttered.
“Good,” James answered, standing up, and pushing the chair under the mattress again, looking down at me with gentle eyes, “You've made a good choice, Leorn.”
Yeah, yeah, shut up, I thought. James turned around, mentioning something to the nurse, and then walked away, his footsteps echoing around the room once again. The sound stayed in my mind for a long time, and I shook them away, closing my eyes. I breathed calmly, trying to think of good thoughts. I hoped that mother, Ulser and Haylyn were okay. I wondered what they did after they escaped. And I wondered what was so important in this blood to make James change decisions like this. It must be a great discovery. I frowned, trying to solve what was strange in this blood, different from the others. Was the change physical? Was it visible?
I sighed, and I leaned my head to the side. I thought about getting better faster. Because the faster I recover, the quicker I can find Jach, and the sooner I can find my family. I tried not to move, and I attempted to sleep. The nurse walked over to me, and readjusted some things with the machines that were constantly bleeping aside of me. I understood nothing of those pieces of metal. I didn't even want to know. The nurse walked away to the other wounded and ill, and did the same changes.
My stomach grumbled loudly. I frowned, and I wondered in how much time I didn't take a bite out of something. It seemed pretty bad, and I must've stayed unconscious for more than a day, at least. Meaning no food for, well, a day, or more. I couldn't remember what I last ate, and when I last ate. I tried to figure out when would be the next time I eat. I knew that I was probably still being tortured on the long term. I moaned as my stomach gargled again. The nurse took no notice, and continued walking along the beds to get to the next ill or wounded. I tried to calm myself down, and not think of food at the moment. I didn't feel like sleeping, especially that I woke up not so long ago, from a certain long time. I looked at the bandages on my wounds again, and I cursed myself in my mind that I couldn't look at them. That thought repeated itself in my mind for a moment.
Who says I can't? I thought, looking at the only nurse in the room, who was going out at the exact time I glanced at her. She turned out of the entrance, closing the door. I looked around, and I reached for the blankets, so that no one could notice. My arm ached as I even moved it. I whined, and I forced myself to pull down, and grip the blanket tightly. As I pulled it up, it felt heavy, and it felt like if I was heaving something. I flopped it on the bed, and I relaxed my hurting arm. I whimpered quietly. I used my mouth again to pull the white cloth over my body. I looked down at the bandage on my arm.
I softly reached for it with my other hand, and I gripped onto the white cloth. My arm tensed as more pain flowed within it. I clenched my teeth, and I slowly started unwrapping the bandage. Time was faster then I thought. Soon enough, the whole bandage was off. I took some time looking at the crimson stain betraying the white surrounding. I looked at the wound. It was already healing, but it was still very vulnerable. It must be healing fast with all the things that the nurses injected into my body. I took the bandage again, squeezing it with my arm against my body, starting to wrap it again around the wound, leaving the red spot where the wound laid.
I continued by slowly reaching down my body to my leg. I felt the cloth, with eyes tightly closed. I pressed a sensitive area of the wound and I twitched violently, but I grabbed the cloth tightly, beginning to unwrap it.
The alarming sound of the entrance doors opening made my ear prick, and I stopped my action. I knew that I couldn't reach down to wrap the cloth again. I lied down, and I prayed that no one would notice. I tried to breathe calmly, and I closed my eyes, pretending to be sleeping.
I heard the heavy footsteps advance to me. I couldn't look at who came, and I didn't recognize who was walking. I wanted to know, but I restrained myself from moving a centimeter. The person stopped right next to me, and I heard two other lighter people advance and stop on the opposite side of the bed.
“You think he's sleeping?” one asked.
“Either sleeping or dead,” a male voice replied heavily, “And he's breathing, so he's not dead. Come on, let's get it over with. Bring the table.”

Last edited by CopynPaste on Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

I heard light footsteps go away, and come back with the slight squeaking of badly oiled wheels. It stopped near me, and I felt hands grasp under my shoulders, my legs, and my body. They were trying to keep me straight so that I wouldn't 'wake up' because of the pain. I flinched as they picked me up, and lied me gently on the table, but none of them noticed my gesture. After lying me down completely, there was a small silence.
“Why is his bandage slightly unwrapped?” the male voice asked.
I furtively gulped and tensed, hoping that nothing bad would happen.
“It must've slipped off,” a gentle voice answered quietly. I relaxed, as they tightened the bandage again cautiously.
“Get him to sector two,” the booming voice ordered. I felt the table move, and I heard the wheels squeak. The table bumped as we passed the entrance of the medical sector, but I tried my best to pretend to be asleep. I remembered that my room was in sector two before. They were taking me back to my room, meaning I was healed enough to stand alone.
Under my eyelids, I could see the lights pass as I went under them. It felt like a long moment until we arrived to the room. I eard the door open, and the clinging of a pair of keys. I was rolled inside, and then deposed on my bed. I heard the wheels rolling away, and the gentle footsteps fading. The door slammed shut, and I noticed the usual click that resonated in the room as I instantly knew that the door was locked. I opened my eyes.
My arm and leg ached, because the medics weren't careful enough. I squinted with pain as I tried sitting up. I recognized that this was my room, and there was even the very fade blood stain on the floor. I looked up, and saw the camera. I sighed, and lied down on the bed, the white sheets flattening against the mattress. I looked at the white clothes that the people gave me, after my other clothes were dirty with blood. I still felt as if the camera was the only thing to look at, as it was the only black thing in the surrounding boring white color. My stomach grumbled, and I laid a gentle hand on my stomach as I moaned quietly, closing my eyes.
I heard the door unlock, and open. I sat up, but a bolt of pain coming from my chest quickly put me back down on my back. I whimpered silently under my breath, keeping the tears from coming out of my eyes. I opened them, to see a bodyguard entering, with a plate, with only one piece of bread on it.
“Hey, kid,” he growled, “meal of the week.” He held out the plate, and dropped it gently on the ground, crouching to do so. The gun on his back hit his head as he did so, and he stood up again. I looked at the plate, with a wanting gaze. “Well?” he said, “I thought you were starved.”
I whimpered out of pain, closing my eyes tightly. “I can't get it,” I moaned.
“Why not?” the man asked, lifting one eyebrow to look at me questioningly. I heard the other bodyguard behind him.
“Hey, Max,” he said, “we aren't supposed to talk to the captives.”
“I'm wounded to my arm and my leg,” I explained, “and it hurts like hell if I even twitch.”
“He's wounded, Fred, not like he would be able to do anything,” Max replied from inside the room, turning his head to his comrade, then turning his head back to me.
“You didn't know?” I asked, leaning my head very slowly and tiredly.
“Well, spots change every two days, and we all kinda look the same with this trimmed hair,” Max explained. I tried lifting my head, but I whimpered in pain, and a tear leaked from my eye, staining the covers under me.
“Max,” I moaned, “Please move the plate closer so that I can at least reach it...” I was helpless. I had to ask the people who had imprisoned me here to help me. It was humiliating. But, at the time, I didn't care.
“Max,” the other one called from outside the room, “you aren't supposed to approach him more than two meters fifty!”
“Dude, relax,” Max replied, “he ain't gonna move.” Max pushed the plate closer with his hand, in my reach. I nodded thankfully, and I let one arm drop to grab the bread. He stood up.
“Maxime Ferrond,” a man said from outside. I knew that voice. It was James. I opened my eyes wide to send him a hostile scowl, but he just looked at me, and turned his head to Max. “Don't you know the rules?”
Max straightened turning to James, giving him the salute. “Sir the kid can't move. He asked me to push the food closer,” he explained.
“But the rules are the rules, Maxime,” James continued, “You know very well that this child is known as dangerous, and not to approach him more than two meters fifty.”
“But he was starving, sir!” the bodyguard replied.
“You aren't in rank to decide of such choices, Maxime!” James retorted.
“Yes, sir.”
“You might as well thank your dear God that Leorn didn't do anything!”
“Yes, sir.”
“Now get back to your position!”
“Yes, sir.”
“And when I say that, I mean immediately!” James shouted. Maxime stepped out of the room, and straightened in front of the entrance. James casted one last look at me, and walked away. “And close the damn door!” he exclaimed.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

Maxime took a pair of keys, fiddled with them for a moment, closed the door to my cell, and locked it. A small click resonated from the doors' interiors.
I sighed, closing my eyes. I tightly grabbed the piece of bread with my wounded arm, to pull it up on my body. My arm ached with the effort. I managed to take it up to my mouth, and use my other arm to grab the bread. I took a small bite from the bread, knowing that it was my meal of the week. I wondered if James knew that starving me so might have some consequences on what happens when I will try to recover Jake. He probably did. James wasn't a mastermind, but he knew how to control things, and well.
I dropped the piece of bread onto the plate, resisting the urge to take another bite out of the food. It bounced off the plate, and landed on it again, turning on itself for a while, then stopping silently. I breathed calmly, trying to go to sleep. I couldn't check what was under my bandage, as I knew that the camera was always watching.
I hoped that Haylyn, mother and Ulser were fine. But I also hoped for them that they wouldn't try to come back. They would just get killed, and I know it. James was taking extra precautions, in case that happened. I hope that they were waiting. Waiting for my arrival. Then everything would be fine again. Haylyn and I would just have to get new identities, and everything would be fine.
Everything would be back to normal.
Everything...
I fell asleep.

I woke up late after. My eyes opened tiredly. I tried to lift both my arms to rub my eyes, but I soon remembered by the jolt of pain that my arm was wounded, so I used the other one instead to rub both of my eyes. I looked at my wounded limbs, hoping they had healed since the last time I saw them. It hurt less. Way less than last time. I was able to move my arm almost easily around, suffering only a little ache. I sat up, making my leg twitch from sudden pain. I turned around on my bed. I rested both my feet on the floor, as I shakily stood up, making my wounded leg wobble with destabilization.
I tried to walk around the room, but I could only manage it slowly. I slowly walked in circles, trying to get used to the constant pain in my leg and arm as I pressed on my leg and I waved my arm forwards and backwards. I stopped, and casted a glance at the piece of bread. I grabbed it firmly in my hand, and pulled the food to my mouth. I bit on it, and I chewed slowly. I dropped the bread on the plate. A loud clank was heard as it made impact with the plate.
I looked at the large stain of blood on the floor, which had marked the time when I almost went mad. I thought of what happened, and concluded that it was psychological. After a small time of being imprisoned, people can do very awkward things. I couldn't recognize myself once I thought about it again. I started walking around the stain, but I soon felt tired, and I sat on my bed again. I wondered how much time I slept, and I wondered if I slept frequently, time would pass faster, and thus I would be healed faster. I thought it was a good idea to force myself to sleep again. I lied on my bed, and I closed my eyes. The light shined one last time in my eyes, before I closed them completely.
Four days passed like that. I woke up systematically, every five hours or so, not knowing what part of the day it was. My coyote part must've whacked up, because I sleep whenever I can. Night or day doesn't matter to me anymore. I didn't go to the vacancies, except for one time. It was normal, since I didn't eat, but we let me drink water every day, at least once, twice if they were in a good mood. By the end of the third day, I had finished my piece of bread, and I was dreading for the end of the week to get a new one. On the fourth day, I couldn't sleep, because my stomach was aching so much. I felt weak and tired, but my arm and leg barely hurt any more. I was sitting on my bed, when I heard the door unlock, and open once more, so that I could see the man I despised. James entered the room, clothed with his brown suit, and his white hair shined with the light that came from the ceiling. He walked up to me, smiling.
“How are you feeling, Leorn?” he asked.
“Pitiful, thanks to you,” I answered.
“Don't be so pessimist,” James replied calmly, closing his eyes and standing up completely, “I meant about the arm and leg.”
“They're fine, all right, but if I don't get some grub quick I might die of hunger, you see,” I replied. He laughed quietly.
“I knew you would ask for food,” he said calmly, reaching behind him, and taking out a large piece of bread. I lifted one eyebrow, and I snatched it out of his grasp, taking out my hunger on the poor food. I didn't really care if I ate messily, I just wanted my stomach to stop hurting. I quickly finished the large piece of bread, not feeling satisfied, but good enough. I picked the crumbs off the blanket, and I lifted my head to James.
“You know where we're going today,” James said quietly.
“Spain,” I replied, “The country where I'm born.”
“Oh, really?” James replied, “What a coincidence! In Madrid, to be exact.”
“Doesn't surprise me,” I answered calmly, “Madrid is a populated place... You can find money there quite easily.”
“Exactly, Leorn,” James replied, crouching to be at my height, “And you know what's at the end of this mission, don't you?”
I stood silent for a moment. “Liberty,” I replied.
“You remember,” James replied, “Let's go.”
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 7:46 pm

I stood up easily on my legs, and I headed for the entrance, following James. He closed the door of my cell after me, and he locked it. We continued our way down the hall, where James entered a room. He didn't let me go in. I sat against the wall, waiting. He came back with some new clothes for me, to 'blend in' better. A pair of black pants, along with a marine blue shirt. He then guided me to a changing room, where I put on the new clothes. It felt good to have some colored clothing again. I came out, and James was waiting for me, with a silver suitcase. He smiled at me, tilting his head, starting to head away. I closed the door, and it clacked as it closed completely. My footsteps echoed dimly in the corridors of the building.
We reached the exit of the building. The darkness that surrounded me once I went out surprised me. I thought it would be day once I would get out. But I was wrong.
“Why are we departing in the night?” I asked.
“To have more chance of catching him while he sleeps,” James answered, treading over to the black Porsche, with the driver already in it. He opened the door, and beckoned me in. I followed him, and I entered the car cautiously, sitting next to the opposite door I thought James would sit near. But this time, he went up front, with the driver. He handled to silver briefcase delicately, tapping his fingers on the rim as we slowly departed, passing the grid, and rolling onto the road. I looked out the window, hoping everything would go right.
After many hours of traveling inside this car, stopping four times, three times for gas, one time for James and the driver to eat. I was kept inside the car when they ate. James had the 'loyalty' to bring me a small piece of bread. I nibbled it all along the way that was left.
We stopped near a very tall building, with a concrete sidewalk just next to it. James turned himself to me, opening the suitcase. He held out a gun to me, along with five chargers.
“Five magazines?” I asked.
“You'll have three days to find Jach,” James explained.
“Where will I sleep?” I demanded.
“Don't worry, we ave everything done,” James comforted me, “There's a hotel not far away, in 'camino de oro' street.”
“What the heck does 'camino de oro' mean?” I asked.
“'Path of Gold', don't ask, it isn't made out of gold,” James replied, “The hotel is called Wellun, and you are listed under the name of 'Harvin Delis'.”
“But I don't know how to speak Spanish!” I answered quickly.
“Don't worry, most people talk English. Here's your identity card,” James said, passing a card to me. I looked at it, seeing my photo. I didn't ask how they got it. I flipped the card in my hands, and I shoved it in my pocket, along with the magazines. I shoved the gun in the back of my pants, and I pulled my shirt over it to hide it.
“Will I have communication?” I asked.
“Not this time, Leorn,” James answered, “Once you get Jach, just call the phone number on the table at the entrance of your room.”
“Got it.”
“Good luck, Leorn.”
I hopped out of the car. I flexed my legs to land softly on the ground. My dark blue shirt flapped as I stood up again. I didn't have time to turn around, that the Porsche was already heading away. I looked at the car for the last time before three days hopefully. When it was out of sight, I turned around, and saw that 'camino de oro' street was right in front of me. I followed it, and went downwards. It was easy to spot the hotel, because it ad the biggest sign. I walked towards it. It was huge. I smirked. Three stars... Not bad, I thought. I pushed the glass door in, and I closed it behind me. It was comfortably warm in the hotel, and there was ventilation. The red rug that I stepped on seemed of the finest quality. I looked around quickly, and saw the man that took care of the people who entered and left. I walked towards him, and I could discern even the smallest details of his face as he lifted it from what he was reading on his lap. He wasn't old, but he wasn't young either. Only fade cavings appeared near the sides of his mouth, and he had a trimmed beard, along with long, combed blond hair, that he pushed out of the way to look at me. His blue eyes scanned me up and down, and he eyed me warily.
“Yes?” he said, quickly.
“I'm, uh, Harvin Delis. I reserved a room here, I think,” I answered, as casually as I could manage.
“Ah, si, come with me, señor,” he answered, getting out from behind the shelf, and beginning to go up the stairs. I wondered how a man like him could be fooled so easily. I didn't want to ask him. I followed him up the stairs.
Once I arrived at the second floor, he waited for me there. He held out a hand to my room.
“Room numero 120, señor,” he said, calmly. I nodded quickly, and I went to the door. The keys were already inside the lock. I took them, and turned them inside. I heard a click that resembled the one I heard frequently, back at the building. The door opened slowly as I pushed on it. I peered inside, hesitantly.
I saw a big room, with a bed for two people. There were dark red sheets on the bed, neatly put. There was a table with a lamp next to the bed. I saw the small paper James had mentioned back in the car. The carpet was of a gentle beige color, and the drapes were of the same color as the sheets on the bed. There were three closets, and one bathroom.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 7:46 pm

There was a small television, put up near a corner of the large room. I took the fake identity card, and I threw it onto the table next to the bed. I sat on the bed, contemplating the room. And say I would have this for three days, if I'm slow enough.
But I needed to be fast. I needed to get back to my family. And after that, I would avenge father, by some way, or another. But for now, my goal was to get to Jach. I recognized that he wasn't the true reason why I was in the deepest ahem... of my life at the moment. If I wanted to get Jach, I needed to do fast. But Madrid was a huge city. I wondered how I was going to get him. I don't even know where he is in this place! I thought.
I tried to calm down. I had three days. I checked the clock on the table, next to the lamp that was neatly put on it. It was 6:20 AM. Normally, Jach wouldn't be awake. But this isn't a normal condition. I reached in my pocket, checking for the magazines. They were there. I pulled the shirt further downwards to hide the gun. I looked at the windows of the room, and I closed every shutter, every drape. I took the keys to the room, and I stepped out of it. I locked it behind me, and I put the keys in one of the inferior pockets of my black pants, as I started to go down the stairs. My footsteps resonated around the building as I went down quickly. I arrived at the bottom, and I headed for the exit.
“Good day, señor,” the man behind the shelf called. I gave a thankful nod, and I darted out of the building to get onto the gray sidewalks, with cars passing on the road further up ahead. I joined this road, and I looked around. If I was Jach, I wondered what I would do. If he wasn't as stupid as I thought, he would've found a way to get money, and to find a place for shelter. That was, at least, if he wasn't as stupid as I thought. Normally, these days, my thoughts tended to be wrong.
I began walking down the street I was on, hoping for the best. I was also planning for the worst. I still didn't know how I would find out where Jach was. Since he was a kuijin, he would've made himself little, so I took it that he would refrain from talking to many people and to discover himself in the streets. Maybe at night I would have more luck to find him.
I looked up in the sky. Would Jach take the risk of morphing into a hawk to travel in the city? I thought. It would be a possibility. That's what I would do, if I were a bird kuijin. But are hawks recognized in the surroundings of Madrid? I didn't think so. I was so lost in my thoughts, that I bumped into a person, wearing a neat melon hat.
“Excuse me,” I muttered. He passed me without saying anything. I stopped, and I thought a moment. I needed to use my chances while I had some. I quickly turned around. “Um, sir?” I asked. He turned around, and looked at me through his reflecting glasses.
“Yes?”
“Do you know a bird watcher around here?” I asked, trying to sound as casual as I could. I could sound very suspicious by asking this question.
“A bird watcher, boy?” he repeated, “Nope, sorry.”
“Ah... Sorry for disturbing you, sir,” I replied, turning around slowly and walking away. He did the same. I didn't expect any more to come from one ordinary person. Anyways, bird watchers lived mostly in the mountains. I would have to do my own bird watching, if I wanted to see Jach soaring. I continued my way, trying to think of where he could be. Where would a hawk kuijin go, to be in the best place possible? An aviary is too idiotic...
I lowered my head in concentration, thinking. I only knew that he was here somewhere, and that maybe I wouldn't find him in the three days I had. Jach could've been anywhere, as far as I knew, and I knew that I didn't ave enough time to go through the whole city in three days.
I sighed heavily, trying to concentrate. But with the constant, loud noise that big cities always had, it was hard to do so. Jach also probably already changed his look. It would be hard to recognize him. But, knowing him, he didn't.
I turned at a road cross, not really paying attention to what way I went, even though I memorized where I went. Jach could be as well on the outer part of the city as he could be inside. But where to look first? The sky was my only option. It would be impossible to look through the whole city. I needed to have a good overview. I turned around, and headed to the hotel.
After a few minutes, I arrived, and I went up the stairs, thinking of something far away. I quickly arrived in front of my room, and I took the key from my pocket, and I slid it into the keyhole. I opened the door, and I pushed on it. I went in, and closed it delicately behind me, quietly. I looked around in the room. What could help me, I thought.
I looked in the closets, but there was nothing inside. I took a glance at the table, and I opened the small drawers. I wasn't surprised to find a small pile of money. I gripped it with one hand, and counted it carefully. The small pack counted up to four hundred euros. It must be James that left it there for me. If I was going to go scan the skies, I needed binoculars. I stuffed the pack of money in one of my pant pockets, along with the keys. I went out of the room again, closing it with the key. I padded down the stairs again.
“Señor seems to be hasty,” the man behind the shelf mentioned, as I appeared at the bottom floor, “Anything wrong?”
“No, everything is all right, thank you,” I answered quickly, turning my head to look at him, before turning my head as I saw his blue gaze sweep over me, as I pushed the door to get out of the building.
There was a tourist shop not very far away. I doubted it had any binoculars, but I had to test my luck, so I went there anyways. I looked both sides as I crossed the road cautiously, trying to be as 'normal' as possible, but that was hard when you were 'different' in the first place. I opened the door to the shop, and I saw I was the only one in it. I looked around, but since this part of Madrid wasn't really a place to look out at beautiful sunsets, not much could help me.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

I went over to the shelf where a small, chubby man stood, his black jacket being stretched over his fat body. He looked at me with a tired, awkward look.
“Can I help you?” he asked. As he spoke, he showed his buck teeth.
“Erm,” I muttered, approaching the man defiantly, not looking at him, “Isn't there anything here to watch the sky?” I asked.
“No, I'm sorry, lad,” the man answered, “Except... Wait!” He reached down, and it seemed very hard for him to do, as he did it slowly. You could almost heard his joints exploding under the weight that they needed to stand. He then straightened, aching his back with his right hand, with a pair of binoculars in his other hand. He put it down gently on the shelf. “A person forgot it here, a few days ago. Is this what you want?” he asked.
“Perfect!” I exclaimed, “How much?”
“I'm not a real professional in these things,” he muttered, “But I would say... one hundred and fifty euros?”
“That much?!”
“Well, it's actually quite good, if you ask me.”
I rolled my eyes, reaching into my pocket. I shuffled with the keys, and I took out the batch of money. I counted exactly one hundred and fifty, and I handed it over to the man. He seemed astonished, and he checked it. I didn't have time to argue about prices. My time was important. He put it in his pocket, and I took the binoculars.
“Good day, sir,” he granted me, as I walked out of the store with the binoculars. I took the lace of the contraption, and I put it around my neck. It was tight, but it didn't matter. I peered through the binoculars. They zoomed quite well, actually. I dropped them against my chest, as I made sure my pockets were closed and that the gun didn't show. I walked over to the hotel again, and entered quickly. I padded up the stairs. My shaking, uneasy grip on the handle that led up the stairs showed that I wasn't sure that this would work. I pushed myself to step higher. I managed to get to the last floor, and I went out onto the rooftop. The wind blew my black hair. I liked the feeling of wind on my body. It had been so long since I didn't feel it. I almost forgot how it was. I looked around, and noticed I was at the same height as most buildings around me. I stepped warily over to the edge of the building, and looked down. I quickly took my body back. It was a long way to fall. I sighed, and I thought it was time to get to work.
I sat on the ground, and I took the pair of binoculars to my eyes. I had a hard time to adjust it correctly to my eyesight, but otherwise, it was fine, except for the few spots it had on the lens, which I had a hard time wiping off with my spit.
I scanned the skies. I could guess what time it was, by the position of the sun. I wasn't really sure, because I had lost the track of the date, closed inside that chamber for a long time. It was approximately 7:00 AM. I had to be determined, to sit for hours looking for a damn hawk. It was morning so I wasn't very sleepy. It seemed like my sleeping times didn't whack up after all. I twitched as I spotted something, but I found out a few seconds that it was just an ordinary volatile. I sighed again, leaning my head on my hand to hold it from falling. Now I understood why bird watching was so boring. If there were no birds, then what use?
I felt a long time pass, as I felt my eyelids getting heavier by the minute. I tried keeping my binoculars up, but they always fell out of my hand. My head slumped against my other hand, and my eyes closed completely. I was only awoken by myself, because I thought I was wasting time. But I felt very sleepy, so I took a five minute sleep every two minutes, with or without my consent. I dreamed about various things, but it seemed to concentrate on one point: my family.
I looked through the zooming lens again, in hope of having some luck and finding a hawk in the skies. I searched the endless blue, in vain. I put the binoculars down onto my lap, and I looked up at the shining star up above, rendering blind any man who would have the sanity of dropping his gaze onto it for more than five seconds. The sun indicated that it was 1:00 PM.
I shakily stood up, pushing off my hands to do so. My firm grip on the binoculars showed that I was displeased with myself, as I trotted to the door, that would lead inside the hotel. I paced quietly down the stairs to my room, which I opened, by taking out the key from my pocket, and inserting it into the keyhole, and turning it determinedly. The door creaked open as I pushed it, and I slowly walked in, tossing the key onto the table next to the bed. I turned around, and saw a sheet of paper attached to the door, saying that breakfast was served at 8:00 AM through 10:00 AM, lunch was served from 12:00 AM to 13:30 PM, and dinner was served from 19:30 PM to 21:00 PM. I smirked, took my binoculars off my neck to put them on the bed and I went out of the room again. Finally, I was going to be able to eat normally. I locked my door, and I trotted down the stairs, to the eating room of the hotel.
I sat on a table in the corner of the room, designed normally for two people. A waiter came by, and delicately put a menu on my table. I muttered a 'thanks' through my lips, and I opened the menu. The golden rims of the menu glinted in the light that came from above my head. There were lots of choices. Pasta, pizza, salad, fish, everything really. I decided to take a salad, hoping it would be big enough to satisfy my almost insatiable hunger at the time.
The same waiter came, his short black combed hair softly reflecting the light coming from the lamp above my table as he leaned closer to me. He dropped his gentle hazel green gaze on my stare. His white shirt flexed as he bent down.
“Has sir decided yet?” he asked calmly. I nodded once.
“A farmer salad would be good, thank you,” I replied quickly.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

With one majestic gesture, a notebook appeared from nowhere into his right hand. I noticed that there was a long scar going from the thumb of his right hand to the inside of the and, climbing up to his ring finger. He opened the notebook calmly, pressing his thumb against his tongue to flip the pages easily. He also took out a black pen from nowhere, and noted my order.
“Anything to drink, sir?” he asked.
“Water will be fine,” I replied firmly. He nodded once, closing his notebook, and putting it in his right pocket. He took my menu, and he walked away, heading for the kitchens. I smiled weakly, waiting for my command to come. I tried to think of ways to find Jach. It wasn't easy. My only idea was bird watching, and I didn't think Jackie was absent-minded enough to actually say his real name to someone. And, anyways, if he did, to who would he say it to? It was impossible to know. My mind was confused with everything, and I lightened up as I saw the waiter come with the salad. He put it gently on the table, along with a glass bottle of fresh, cold water. I poured some of the liquid into my glass, and I sipped it. It was good to be drinking good water again. I pulled the plate with the food in front of me, and I readied my silverware.
I stabbed a leaf of lettuce, along with a bit of egg and tomato. I pushed it into my mouth, and I chewed slowly. Even the food was good. I gulped it down, sighing gently.
I finished the plate quicker than I thought it would disappear. I put the fork and knife down onto the table, and I patted my mouth with the white napkin settled neatly aside the plate. I felt satisfied of my meal. The waiter came up to me, bowing cautiously.
“Was it good, sir?” he asked.
“Perfect,” I answered.
“Excellent,” the waiter replied, taking the plate, “does sir desire anything else?” he asked.
“No, thank you,” I replied. I thought a bit, just as the waiter was turning around. “Wait, on second choice...” I muttered. He turned back to me. “I need some information,” I said quietly.
“Anything, sir,” he answered.
“Are there hawks in Madrid?” I asked. He straightened, blinking multiple times, probably thinking that it was a bizarre question. He stared into nothingness thinking.
“Not to my knowledge, sir,” he replied, “but I know someone that might give you more information on that subject.”
“And who may that be?” I asked.
“Maryn Klataye, sir.”
“And where does this person live?” I demanded.
“16th of 'tercera ley' street, sir.”
“What does 'tercera ley' mean?” I asked.
“'Third Law' I suppose, sir,” the waiter replied.
“Who is Maryn exactly?”
“She worked in an aviary before, sir. She sometimes does bird watching outside of Madrid, sir.”
“Hmm...” I thought a while, “Thank you, just what I needed,” I replied. The waiter bowed.
“I'll bring sir the receipt,” he muttered. I nodded once, and I looked at the table as the waiter walked away. Maryn Klataye, I thought. She'll be able to give me some more chances.
The waiter came back with a small piece of paper in his hand. He gently laid it onto the table, bowing again. I picked it up, and looked at it. The salad was worth 14.50 euros. I shoved a hand into my pocket, and I picked out twenty euros, and handed it over to the waiter. He nodded, and reached into his pocket, taking out a small batch of pieces. He gave me back 5.50 euros. I nodded, and I took what he gave me, to put it into my pocket, with my money. I stood up, as he walked away. I put the chair back under the table, and I headed out of the hotel.
As I stepped onto the sidewalk, I saw a bus stop not far away. I walked casually over to it, moving my arms forwards and backwards as I did so. My black hair swayed in the very faint breeze that brought cold air. I arrived at the bus stop, and I looked at the map that was showed on it. It was only a small part of Madrid. And everything was written in spanish, so I didn't understand a thing. Luckily for me, there was a cheap translation in english. But it wasn't no use. I found the street that the waiter was talking about. It was pretty far away. Abut twenty five minutes of a determined walk. I thought that it would be best that I began walking now, so I did, after I ad memorized what path I need to take to get there. As I walked away from the dark bus stop, I looked up at the sky, looking at the sun. I determined that it was approximately 1:20 PM.
My footsteps made slight thudding noises as my feet made impact with the hard, rough cement under them. The wind blew through my hair, and my marine blue shirt waved gently with it. The sky showed no signs of clouds today, meaning a day without rain. I breathed quietly as I walked, concentrated on my thoughts, on my hopes and my fears. I looked up every now and then, gazing at the tall buildings that stood defiantly against the wind, against the imposing light that the sun threw.
I saw a sign with 'tercera ley' on it, and I followed that street. The waiter said that Maryn lived in the 16th, so I passed the buildings until I came up to one with the number 16 on it. I pressed quickly on the button to open the door. A short buzz was heard, and I opened it, entering into the dimly lit hallway, leading to the lift and stairs. I looked at the mailboxes, and I checked for 'Maryn' or 'Klataye'. I found 'Klataye', and I checked the floor. Fourth floor.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 7:47 pm

I walked to the stairs, and hopped two-by-two the stairs, up to the fourth floor.
I turned my head to notice the door where 'Klataye' was marked. I hoped that this was the right door, and the right person. I gulped, and I pressed on the buzzer. I heard a loud bell inside the flat as I pushed onto the button. I waited a little while, until I heard a gentle hand pull onto the door, and open it. It slowly creaked open, and I saw a young woman peering at me, through her chestnut hair. She pushed it away with a delicate stroke of her hand, and scanned my body with her brown eyes.
“Señor?” she said, quietly. I gulped. I didn't speak spanish. I prayed again, as I remembered how to say something in spanish, from a long time ago.
“No hablar... Español, señor,” I quietly answered. The woman smiled at me.
“You speak english, then?” she asked. I nodded once.
“Yes, ma'am.”
“Well, what do you want?” she asked cautiously.
“Well,” I began, hesitantly, “I've heard from a person that you were experimented in the domain of birds. Is this true?”
The woman smiled, pulling her long hair behind her ears. “Come on in,” she said. I didn't really know how to react, but I calmly went inside. I saw that the flat was filled with statues, made of wood or stone, of birds. There were also some books lying here and there. She walked to the living room. Her tight, blue jeans were ripped at the bottom, and her marsh green sweater went well with the chair she sat on. “Have a seat,” she said, gesticulating to one of the chairs, of the same color as hers. I hesitantly sat down on it, and looked at her with a worried look. It had been a long time since I was treated so. “Well,” she began, “what did you want to ask, concerning birds?”
“Well, firstly,” I answered, “Are hawks tempted to live in this part of Madrid?” She was shocked to hear me ask that, as if there was something coincidental in what I had just said.
“Well,” she replied hesitantly, “To be honest with you, hawks don't live here.” She paused a moment. “Normally.”
“Normally?” I asked.
“Yes,” she replied, “Recently, I got the chance to see a rather large hawk soaring above Madrid, but I never saw it land, even though I try to follow it with my eyes.”
I had it. I had my chance. That hawk must've been Jach. For once, I thanked Jach to be stupid. “Maryn,” I said quietly, “where did you observe this hawk?”
“I sometimes go on the rooftop on this building to observe the birds in the sky around here, and that's when I saw it. I saw it three times in this past week.”
“At what times does it appear?” I asked.
“You seem interested on this subject,” she said, “What's your name?”
“Le- er, um, Harvin, ma'am,” I replied, “Yes, I'm quite interested in this, because I wish to work with birds once I grow up.”
“Well, Harvin,” Maryn answered, “I see the hawk near four o'clock,”
“What time is it?” I asked, quickly. She raised her forearm, where a neat digital watch was attached. After a few seconds, she dropped her arm and looked at me.
“Ten to two,” she answered quietly, “But if you want to observe it, you'll have more chances to do so by getting up there a few hours in advance.”
“Well then,” I replied, “I'll go up there.”
“I'll go up there too,” Maryn replied, standing up, “You just gave me inspiration to go bird watching again.” I smirked, and I headed for the door. Maryn grabbed a pair of expensive but useful binoculars, and put the string around her neck. She pulled her hair out from under the string, and took a book full of photos inside. She went to the entrance, took her keys, and opened the door. I went out of the flat, and she followed me out, closing the door and locking it with one of the four keys she had on her chain. She shoved the pair of keys into her jean pocket, and started going up the stairs. I followed her.
“Hey, ma'am,” I said quietly, “What's that book for?”
“It's a book full of bird photos,” she answered, “I use it to try and identify the birds I watch. I also have a camera, but I won't bring it.” I nodded quickly, and I continued going up the stairs. We escalated higher, the stairs turning round and round on itself. After a while, we got to the top, and Maryn opened a door, that gave view to the rooftop. I stepped out, and she went out also, closing the door behind.
The view that we had from this building was outrageous. It was gigantic, especially that this building was one of the highest in sight. I went to the border of the rooftop, but Maryn pulled me back.
“Don't you go falling off,” she muttered.
“I'll try not to,” I said, jokingly, but I saw she was serious. I shut my mouth. I must be 'normal'. She turned around, and put the book on the ground, opening it. She held her binoculars with one hand. She pointed at the photo of a hawk. I recognized it, as the species of hawk Jach could morph into.
“That's the hawk I observed,” she announced. I nodded. It was weird thinking that you knew what the thing really was, and that the person that was helping you knew nothing about it. I sighed, and I looked into the horizon. It was a great sky today. I stared into the deep, blue blank space for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 7:47 pm

To be honest, I didn't know how much time passed, until I heard Maryn's voice call me. I turned my head to the side.
“Harvin!” Maryn exclaimed, pointing, looking through her useful binoculars, “There it is!” I quickly stepped to the side of the woman, as she leaned her binoculars so that I could take them in my hands, so that I looked into them. I pulled the contraption to my eyes. “Do you see it?”
“Yes,” I answered, “I see it very well.” I spotted the hawk. It was flying in circles, and I didn't know why. Neither did Maryn.
“It's bizarre,” she said, “Normally, hawks aren't supposed to live here. What do you think, Harvin?”
“I think I should go better take a look at its nest,” I replied, smirking, “Once it lands, I'll find the building and see by myself.”
“I'll go with you,” Maryn announced.
“I can do it alone,” I answered, “Anyways, I'll give you the information I will get once I come back, okay?” I tried to convince her. She could not know that this wasn't any ordinary hawk. It was a stupid one, that was for sure. “Hey,” I muttered, “It's landing.”
“Let me see!” Maryn exclaimed, snatching the binoculars from my hands, surprising me. She put the binoculars to her eyes. “Hey, that's funny,” she said, “It's landing on a restaurant rooftop. Probably to get some thrown out food, or some rodents crawling in the alleys.”
“To get some food...” I repeated slowly. “Where is this restaurant?” I asked, turning my head to Maryn.
“It's the restaurant 'Hablar' in 'señor de oro' street. But I wonder why this bird of prey contents itself with trash food or small critters... Especially in cities.”
“Maybe it's stupid,” I replied, mentally laughing. “I'll go to that restaurant, as quickly as I can.”
“Normally, it stays there for quite a while. If you run, you'll be able to observe it. But you need to go quickly.” I nodded, and I darted back into the building. I jumped the stairs every four steps, and I dashed out of the building, appearing on the gray sidewalks. A sudden gust of wind destabilized me, and I almost fell. I went back on my two feet, and I started running in the direction of the restaurant.
I ran past multiple people who were walking, almost bumping into them. I quickly pulled my shirt down, making sure that the gun was hidden behind it. I continued running, keeping a deep and stable breathing rhythm. I used my arms to run faster. At one point, when I had the choice to turn or to go straight forwards, I hesitated for a while. I had to concentrate myself to remember that I had to turn to get there. A while after, not far away, I saw a road with a blue sign with 'señor de oro' marked on it. I went down that street, almost bumping into a woman on the way. I saw the restaurant 'Hablar', and I headed for it. I stopped right in front of it. I saw two alleys on the sides of the restaurant. I took the left one, and quietly crept into it.
It was dirty, damp, and stinky. Garbage bags almost filled the tight passage, and the walls seemed to be rotting away. I thought that the restaurant garbages would be behind the restaurant, and I was right. I turned when I had to, to see two green garbages, with food spread out. I looked up into the sky, to catch a glimpse of the bird I wanted. I hid behind a wall, and I waited for its next descent, which wasn't very long.
The hawk swooped down, flapping at the end of the spear it had created in the wind, to slow down. It quickly changed. Its head feathers became hair, and its wings became arms. The beak melded into a nose, leaving place for a mouth that appeared under the bird's throat, moving up slightly in the middle of the transformation. The feathers slunk back into the boy's skin. Jach wasn't as stupid as I thought. He had taken off his clothes to not be noticed too much in the sky. I blinked multiple times, and turned away.
I silently reached for the gun behind me, stuck in my trousers. I made sure it was locked and loaded. I gulped once, and I stepped out of where I was, aiming the gun into the alley.
“Don't move Ja-” I stopped myself. He wasn't there. I frowned. He couldn't of transformed back so quickly. Where did he go? I thought. He can't be far.
And I was right. He wasn't far. A hand tightly gripped on my hand that was holding the gun, knocking the weapon out of my grasp. My hand then got pulled behind my back, along with my second hand. He only had to use one arm to block my two arms, and he slid his second hand to my throat, clenching it quickly.
“So, Leorn,” he muttered, “Tried to get me again?” His voice had changed. I felt a tone of fury in it. It had also changed from living like trash the past days. I gulped again.
“How did you?!” I asked quickly, trying to breathe calmly.
“You aren't as sneeky as you were before,” Jach replied, “Or else I just got more observant.”
“Your still as stupid as you were before, though,” I coughed. His grip tightened on my neck.
“I'll make you remember that you're the one with the most risk of getting killed here, Leorn,” Jach hissed.
“Try me,” I retorted. I changed into my canine form. Since the anatomy was different, his hand slipped off of my throat, and I immediately pounced away, changing completely into my coyote form. It was harder than usual. I hadn't used it for days. The claws slowly sprouted out of my nails, as my face lengthened, and as my ears pricked. My tail went bushy, and my chest expanded. I growled at the other kuijin.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

“You're going to ave to chase me to catch me!” Jach exclaimed. I transformed back into my human form, which was way easier. I coughed, trying to get my canine vocal cords back into human, as I glared at him.
“If I had to chase you, Jach, I would've already bitten your legs. I'm not here to hurt you,” I said quietly.
“Don't take me for a total nuisance, Leorn!” Jach retorted, “If you aren't here to hurt me, why take a gun?!”
“Because I knew you changed, Jach, since the last time we met,” I explained.
“Oh, hell I did! I totally loathe you now! What are you doing here?!” he asked aggressively.
“I'm here to help you,” I replied.
“Heck you are!”
“Yes, in fact, I am,” I insisted, gulping once, “I knew you were here, and I wanted to help you, to try and excuse myself for what happened before.”
“Well, it ain't going to happen, Leorn!” Jach retorted, “Because of you, I have to live unsheltered, and eat trash for the rest of my life!”
“And I'm offering you a chance to stop that, Jach, and you're refusing it?” I asked.
“How do I know you're not trying to capture me again?!” Jach asked.
“Look, Jach,” I replied calmly, looking down. I blinked, and looked back up. “I'll explain once you put your damn clothes back on.”
Jach frowned, and turned around. He picked up a dirty pair of ripped dark green trousers from the ground, and slipped it on his bare skin. He then pciked up a dirty white shirt, so dirty that it looked brown instead of white. He pulled it over his head, and turned to me, as he put on his black tennis shoes. While he was getting clothed, I picked up the gun.
“Put that down, if you want to talk,” Jach mentioned. I dropped the gun, letting it thud on the earth.
“Okay, I'll explain, Jach,” I said calmly, “I was hired by those men. They said that if I brought you to them, I would get to be free, to see my family again. They lied.”
“And why would they want me?” Jach asked.
“To do experiments,” I replied honestly, “I'm sorry.”
“Sorry doesn't mean much to me these days, Leorn,” Jach snapped, “I can't trust you anymore.”
“So you refuse the invitation that I'm giving you to try and get a new life again?” I asked. Jach's face darkened. He thought. He turned around, and started walking in circles. He then lifted his head.
“You ain't buying me, Leorn,” Jach answered, “How can I know that you're not lying in the first place? This could be some big thing to set me up.”
“Then there's no deal?” I asked.
“Why did you bring the gun?” he asked.
“Because I knew the first thing you would do is attack me. I needed to feel safe, Jach. Please let me help you, to try and fix the error I did before. I pity you now, Jach.”
“I don't need pity from a loathsome bastard!” Jach hissed.
“But you do need help, and I'm the only one who can give it to you.”
“I don't need any of your help!” Jach snapped, “I'm heading for Portugal, where I have family with who I'm sure to get help!”
I had to admit, I didn't expect that. I didn't ave any other argument to convince him. I couldn't convince him. He really despised me.
“Then let me at least give you shelter and food for your last day, okay?” I muttered. Jach frowned at me. He glared at me. He turned around.
“One day, no more,” he replied.
“Thank you, Jach,” I answered, leaning down, and picking up the gun that I had previously dropped. I shoved it in the back of my pants. “Follow me.” I turned around, and I headed for the streets. I was relieved to see that e was following me. I looked straight forwards. “It might take some time, the hotel's not very close.”
“Mh,” Jach mumbled, “How did you know where I was?”
“The people who hired me traced one of your telephonic conversations. They talked about it to me, and I managed to escape the same day,” I lied.
“Damn,” Jach muttered, “So they know I'm here?”
“Right, and so that means I'm also giving you protection for this day, so that you will be able to depart tomorrow without being troubled,” I replied. Jach stood silent for a moment.
“Thanks, Leorn,” he muttered.
“The least I can do, Jach,” I answered. Damn, he's stupid, I thought. We went out into the streets, and Jach lifted his hand to stop the sunlight from blinding him. A cold breeze shook my hair, and I continued walking. I breathed calmly, trying not to think that I was actually taking an innocent person to it's death. Again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clawmark. -FINISHED-   Clawmark. -FINISHED- - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Clawmark. -FINISHED-
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next